AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   TFDodgeball (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   [TF2] TFDodgeball (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=127034)

asherkin 05-16-2010 08:33

[TF2] TFDodgeball

Quote:

It has been a long time since TFDodgeball was updated, and it doesn't currently work correctly.

If you have the requisite technical expertise, I'm taking patches.
"Pardon my French but... GET THIS ROCKET AWAY FROM ME!!" - xomp

You can join #tf2items @ irc.gamesurge.net if you need any help with the plugin, I'm active there most of the time.

Download & Source
Download Install Package (Linux & Windows)

Browse Source (Plugin source code is here)
Checkout Source:
Code:

hg clone http://hg.limetech.org/projects/tf_dodgeball/tf_dodgeball_source/ tf_dodgeball
Other Requirements
I advise fully restarting the server after installing (to get everything loaded properly), but the plugin is not required to be running 24/7.
The plugin will error out and be temporarily disabled (until the next mapchange) if active on a unsupported map.

You can grab the maps I have so far from here. (This is a tiny, tiny subset. There are a large number of maps spread throughout this thread.)
If you want to make a map, have a look at the entity setup in here.
Ripping off other peoples work is not acceptable. Create your map from scratch or get written permission from the original author, this includes the default TF2 maps.

Commands
  • sm_dodgeball_rocket <team> - Fires a rocket from the specified teams next launcher, team can be either 2 (red) or 3 (blue).
  • sm_dodgeball_headrocket - Fires a rocket from your eyes, what more is there to be said.
  • sm_dodgeball_rocket_nuke <team> - Fires a nuke from the specified teams next launcher, team can be either 2 (red) or 3 (blue).
  • sm_dodgeball_headrocket_nuke - Fires a nuke from your eyes, what more is there to be said.

ConVars
  • sm_dodgeball_enabled = 1 - Guess. Use this instead of (un)loading on the fly.
  • sm_dodgeball_check_map = 0 - Check if running on a tfdb_ map (disabled by default as it'll always reset sm_dodgeball_enabled to 1 on a mapchange).
  • sm_dodgeball_force_class = 1 - Force players to select the Pyro class.
  • sm_dodgeball_force_loadout = 2 - Force players to have a loadout sutible for dodgeball, 0 = Do nothing, 1 = Just modify flamethrowers, leave other weapons.
  • sm_dodgeball_deflect_players = 1 - Allow players to airblast other players.
  • sm_dodgeball_deflect_players_damage = 0.0 - Set to a positive value to hurt a player when they airblast other players.
  • sm_dodgeball_spawninterval = 1.0 - Timer interval the each rocket is spawned on.
  • sm_dodgeball_autojoin = 1 - Whether or not players should be auto-assigned to a team on join.
  • sm_dodgeball_criticals = 1 - Enables or disables whether the rockets spawn as criticals. Having this off, the rockets will be mini-crits after a reflect but have no team colour. Nukes are never critical.
  • sm_dodgeball_weaponparticle = 0 - Particle to apply using attribute 134. 0 (disabled) or 3 are the only decent choices. Requires a reconnect to take affect.
  • sm_dodgeball_block_point_servercommand = 1 - Block point_servercommand entities from changing TFDodgeball settings.
  • sm_dodgeball_nuke_targetbeep = 1 - When a nuke locks onto a target, a sound is played to the new target if this is set.
  • sm_dodgeball_nuke_glow = 1 - Makes nukes have the intel/cart glow on them.
  • sm_dodgeball_nuke_chance = 0.01 - Chance that a rocket being spawned will be a nuke.
  • sm_dodgeball_nuke_radius = 500.0 - Damage radius for nukes, regular rockets are 146.
  • sm_dodgeball_dissolve_weapons = 1 - Dissolves weapons on death (as they are useless due to regenerating ammo), looks quite cool.
  • sm_dodgeball_dissolve_players = 0 - Dissolves players on death, ruins the whole exploding rockets thing. Nukes always dissolve players.
  • sm_dodgeball_dissolve_delay = 1.0 - Delay before dissolving.
  • sm_dodgeball_basedamage = 15.0 - Specifies the 'base' damage rockets are spawned with, the standard TF2 calculations happen based on this value, the default allows 3-4 hits before dying.
  • sm_dodgeball_maxrockets = 10 - Max number of rockets to have spawned at once, 0 disables. The spawning commands above can screw this up.
  • sm_dodgeball_speedmul = 0.5 - Value that the base rocket speed (1100) is multiplied by.
  • sm_dodgeball_reflectinc = 0.02 - Percentage(ish) the rocket speed is increased per-airblast.
  • sm_dodgeball_turnrate = 0.25 - Amount that the rockets can turn each frame.
  • sm_dodgeball_basedamage_nuke = 500.0 - Specifies the amount of damage nukes do, this isn't the same as regular rockets as nukes are not critical.
  • sm_dodgeball_maxrockets_nuke = 1 - Max number of nukes to have spawned at once, 0 disables. The spawning commands above can screw this up. If a nuke is going to spawn and this limit is reached, a regular rocket is spawned in it's place (if the rocket count is also below sm_dodgeball_maxrockets).
  • sm_dodgeball_speedmul_nuke = 0.2 - Value that the base rocket speed (1100) is multiplied by.
  • sm_dodgeball_reflectinc_nuke = 0.02 - Percentage(ish) the nuke speed is increased per-airblast.
  • sm_dodgeball_turnrate_nuke = 0.1 - Amount that the nukes can turn each frame.

Atributions & Thanks
  • Predcrab - Creating the CEntity framework and Sidewinder, which was extended to make the version used here.
  • Tsunami & Psychonic - Creating SDK Hooks.
  • Voogru - Helped fix major issue in TFDodgeball to do with rocket damage.
  • Damizean - Improved the tracking code for the rockets.

asherkin 05-16-2010 08:34

Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball

<Reserving second post>

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6938670/stompfest.jpg

Awesome little video of TFDB in action provided by StompFest. Join their dodgeball server by clicking here.

bouncer 05-16-2010 09:48

Sweet! Just wondering, didn't valve's update mess up the dodgeball game or something?

Afronanny 05-16-2010 09:50

Very nice work.

Dragonshadow 05-16-2010 10:08

dodgeball?

Dodgeball?!

DODGEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL!

psychonic 05-16-2010 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by bouncer (Post 1182085)
Sweet! Just wondering, didn't valve's update mess up the dodgeball game or something?

It didn't mess it up at all. Voogru just preferred to give players backburners with added airblast instead of giving them flamethrowers. The backburners he used turned invisible after the update.

Thrawn2 05-16-2010 12:44

nice work.
is it possible to add the "rocket spawning entity" to any usual map via sourcemod plugin? or via stripper? adding a respawn-system could make usual maps db'able.

PMAvers 05-16-2010 12:48

This might actually be more of a tf2items problem, but I've uploaded everything correctly, and getting this error.

[03] file "tf2items.ext.2.ep2v.so": vstdlib_i486.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

And yet, if I do a sm exts load tf2items, it tells me that it loads successfully... which is a lie.

And since it's not loading, the dodge-ball plug-ins aren't loading either.

asherkin 05-16-2010 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by [AAA] Thrawn (Post 1182258)
nice work.
is it possible to add the "rocket spawning entity" to any usual map via sourcemod plugin? or via stripper? adding a respawn-system could make usual maps db'able.

Stripper:Source will do it perfectly, it's just 2 info_targets with the above target names. the rockets fire from their position using their angles as an initial guide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMAvers (Post 1182266)
This might actually be more of a tf2items problem, but I've uploaded everything correctly, and getting this error.

[03] file "tf2items.ext.2.ep2v.so": vstdlib_i486.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

And yet, if I do a sm exts load tf2items, it tells me that it loads successfully... which is a lie.

And since it's not loading, the dodge-ball plug-ins aren't loading either.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=228

Thrawn2 05-16-2010 12:51

update your sourcemod to 1.4

asherkin 05-16-2010 13:01

This was meant to be above my previous post, hit preview instead of submit by accident :bacon:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonshadow (Post 1182106)
dodgeball?

Dodgeball?!

DODGEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL!

In Allied Forums Balls Dodge You.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 1182199)
It didn't mess it up at all. Voogru just preferred to give players backburners with added airblast instead of giving them flamethrowers. The backburners he used turned invisible after the update.

Yes, this plugin forces the attributes to be the same for both the Backburner and Flamethrower (so they work identically) but does not force a specific one on you.

And now, some info for mappers:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inflikted
I see two essential ones, the two info_target for rocket_spawn_blue and rocket_spawn_red

Yes, these are the only 2 that are required.

Quote:

But I also see other entities sentryrocket_filter, projectile_filter. I haven't look at the map in game, but I am guessing it's some sort of invisible wall for blocking the rockets? Which doesn't make much sense.

The spawn room is open to the map, as I found with doors people ran back under cover, and with it totally exposed, you can die before being ready to play. I have a trigger_multiple to kill the rockets in case they enter the spawn (what the filters are for) and a trigger_push to prevent people from camping just inside the barrier and ABing the rockets.

Quote:

I also remember in voogru's version the map had to be an arena map to trigger the start of dodgeball. Is this the case for this particular version or we don't have to define it as arena?

No, you could literally play CP / CTF / KotH at the same time (not sure on arena), KotH could actually be really interesting.
The rockets start after Setup time and end at map change / beginning of the next round.

PMAvers 05-16-2010 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by [AAA] Thrawn (Post 1182271)
update your sourcemod to 1.4

Thrawn is credit to team. (That got it.)

Drixevel 05-16-2010 22:44

downloading definately.

crazy-tony 05-16-2010 22:47

Many thanks for posting this .. i also have a server running this mod ..problems i have found so far is when you increase base damage console will start to either slay ,burn player or make player taunt and so on .. apart from that its working fine ..

We have some mappers working on maps already ..many thanks !!

aRcTiC 05-16-2010 22:49

thks and what does sm_dodgeball_reflectinc change?

alinayg 05-16-2010 22:57

Awesomeeee I'll be working on a simple map.

asherkin 05-17-2010 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy-tony (Post 1182833)
when you increase base damage console will start to either slay ,burn player or make player taunt and so on .. apart from that its working fine ..

Could you send me some server logs along with a plugin list, it must be an incompatibility somewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aRcTiC (Post 1182834)
thks and what does sm_dodgeball_reflectinc change?

The percentage (sort of) speed increase on the rockets after each airblast.

alinayg 05-17-2010 02:59

Works well on Windows SM 1.3.2 MM 1.8.1.

Suggestions:

Make it so that pyros air blast is 0 ammo. I know that you can make it cost 1 with a hidden cvar but hey /shrugs

Disable respawn so rounds finish.

Rockets shouldn't spawn unless there are two player's on the server.

that's all I can think of atm...

Also Simple working map I made to test, you can add it to your list if you want.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1334246/tf2/dbtrianglea1pic.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1334246/tf2/...gle_a1.bsp.bz2

asherkin 05-17-2010 05:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinayg (Post 1182947)
Make it so that pyros air blast is 0 ammo. I know that you can make it cost 1 with a hidden cvar but hey /shrugs

I try to avoid ever changing the game's cvars, I believe that the refilling ammo is a better solution. I may add a cvar to change the rate aswell, so that you can cause people that spam airblast to run out of ammo.

Quote:

Have you tried on an arena map? It should work, the events used may need changing though.

Quote:

Rockets shouldn't spawn unless there are two player's on the server.

I actually tested it all in the beginning only with myself just airblasting the rockets back. It was still very fun :P.

Quote:

Also Simple working map I made to test, you can add it to your list if you want.

Looks cool.

Thrawn2 05-17-2010 05:14

Quote:

i think this should be handled in an external plugin. Some people want to use this plugin for koth maps, disabling respawn would break normal gamemodes ;)

kinda offtopic: shouldnt it be possible to turn any normal map into an arena map by adding a corresponding logic entity? if so, then a new plugin should be created which then could be combined with dodgeball, resulting in a no-respawn dodgeball.

alinayg 05-17-2010 05:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by [AAA] Thrawn (Post 1182985)
i think this should be handled in an external plugin. Some people want to use this plugin for koth maps, disabling respawn would break normal gamemodes ;)

kinda offtopic: shouldnt it be possible to turn any normal map into an arena map by adding a corresponding logic entity? if so, then a new plugin should be created which then could be combined with dodgeball, resulting in a no-respawn dodgeball.

I'll test out the arena theory tomorrow when i wake up lol.

Haven't looked around for one that does this though, don't know if it exists... yet, might not even need it if the arena logic entity thing works.

Edit: Updated map

Made triangles bigger
Moved infospawn back
Added a few lights

http://www.lostbrotherhood.com/orang...gle_a2.bsp.bz2

flubber 05-17-2010 07:16

Ok, i've just set up our server (momomodus.fr:27100).
Got a bug :
- I was the only one with only 200 as ammo, when i removed myself from admin list i got 800.

asherkin 05-17-2010 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by flubber (Post 1183043)
I was the only one with only 200 as ammo, when i removed myself from admin list i got 800.

My only guess is that you are running one of the other tf2items plugins, only one can modify the same weapon at the same time.

flubber 05-17-2010 07:35

Vanilla server, just installed it for dodgeball, i've install mm:s 1.81, sm 1.4, hooks last release, tf2items and dodgeball. I'm looking on the cfg right now.

Edit : Ok, found the problem a old txt that i import with the admins list.

Ashlook 05-17-2010 08:30

Hmmmmm, got a problem, Hammer crash when I try to open your .vmf :'(.

crazy-tony 05-17-2010 10:25

yes il give you the logs mate no probs ...pm me your email address please ..

Also id love it if you can keep the option to use say koth type of maps and also the option to spawn rockets with 1 player on ..

makes it easyer for map testing on your own and also less boring if your trying to get a server going ..

Maybe add a cvar for the rocket option ??

im willing to give any amount of suport for the mod including a server if needed !!

crazy-tony 05-17-2010 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by [AAA] Thrawn (Post 1182985)

i also agree that it should possibly be handled by another plugin giving the option of diferent types of maps to be run ..

alinayg 05-17-2010 15:00

So, after playing it for a little while, the game play needs some sort of point. Right now it's a endless death match of rockets. Some people might want that, who knows. I think it should be you die, you wait to spawn next round. This could be done by this mod because it only loads up on maps that have the correct entities in them so it shouldn't brake other game modes?

How rockets home in, right now they currently go for the closest target, and if that target gets to far back and there is another closer it changes to the closer one. That is alright but really doesn't let everyone in the game play if there a couple of people just standing at the ledge. I saw both teams just standing on front lines because they wanted to air blast stuff.

I think it should be changed so that once rockets spawn, they choose a target, and only home in to that target and don't change target unless the original target dies.

Could probably make some sort of sequence that it doesn't target someone who's just been targeted or just go down the player list and choose the next one every time a new rocket spawns.

Overall, pretty fun, you give a lot of options to change to create different styles of game play for dodge ball. Now, figuring out what is the best style is going to be the hard part!

Inflikted 05-17-2010 15:59

maybe something like... Elimination Dodgeball. If you die from a reflection from another player you stay dead till they die.. then you respawn. If you die from a spawned dodgeball, I suppose it can go either way you stay dead.. or you respawn after a certain point.
The first team to eliminate the entire other team, wins.

aRcTiC 05-17-2010 17:49

alinayg the reason it only homes in on the closet target and not lock on to the first one it spots is because its based off the sidewinder extension for the SG but im sure it can be edited to do what you want with maybe some added cvars to change it back and forth, though yea how about a neutral rocket being spawned in the center that randomly choose a target, but i bet ideas are kind of breaching what voogru implemented on his server already :?

OneMoreLevel 05-17-2010 19:09

I feel so honored to be recognized for suggesting this plugin. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy XD

yellowblood 05-17-2010 21:03

Great job guys. With a bit more work you can make this as good as voogru's and even better.

I converted my map to work with the new mod:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/o3dzo8

Try it out and tell me what you think about it.

Some requests:
- I would like to have the option of having a single launcher that shoots rockets for both teams randomly, rather than having two launcher at the same spot.

- Obviously it should be possible to control the direction of which you are reflecting the rocket, like in voogru's. Rockets should have limited turning angle, to give the right movement.

- An easy way (like custom Entity or something) to set the dodgeball settings when creating a map.

by the way, when I tested the map I actually used the tf_bots, and they reflected many of the rockets :D

again great job and thank you very very much!

voogru 05-18-2010 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowblood (Post 1183742)
Great job guys. With a bit more work you can make this as good as voogru's and even better.

Unpossible. :twisted: I'm just going to raise the bar. It took me 12 hours to make dodgeball and over a year for a clone to come out. :mrgreen:

asherkin 05-18-2010 08:52

Quote:

I converted my map to work with the new mod:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/o3dzo8

Try it out and tell me what you think about it.

Fun to play, could do with some lighting.
One major issue is the fact it uses point_servercommand to force the cvars to change, with this era of map config files this isn't really acceptable (and personally I'm not fond of the settings you did choose, and can't change that easily), not to mention it caries over to further maps.

Quote:

I would like to have the option of having a single launcher that shoots rockets for both teams randomly, rather than having two launcher at the same spot.

I'll look into it. But may I ask, what's wrong with two on the same spot?

Quote:

Obviously it should be possible to control the direction of which you are reflecting the rocket, like in voogru's. Rockets should have limited turning angle, to give the right movement.

If I ever work out the math to do it decently but without murdering the server's CPU, then yes, sure.

Quote:

An easy way (like custom Entity or something) to set the dodgeball settings when creating a map.

Maybe once the new version of CEntity is finished.

As a closing note and a response to the "like voogru's" (and future posts):
This is not an exact clone of his dodgeball mod nor is it meant to be.
I hadn't heard of it before it was requested, and have played for about 5 mins on his server since then.
If a version of dodgeball that is identical to voogru's is what you want, pay him the monthly price for it.

yellowblood 05-18-2010 09:31

well voogru, at least now you have a competition!

asherkin, I'm not an experienced map builder, in fact it's the first time I use this point_servercommand entity. I really think it's up to the map to decide these variables - some maps are meant for multi-rockets, some for single, I don't think it's bad to let the map decide.

I understand your comment about "like voogru's", but I believe some issues are important - like ballistic movement for the missiles, and picking the target randomly rather than pick the closest one. It will just lead to a better gameplay in my opinion. Besides that I'm not telling you "omgz plz add nukes" or "wtf i want to kill missiles with flares" :)

Having a single entity that shoots missiles for both teams just gives more flexibility and convenient for the map builders, it's not a must.

Thanks again, off to create more maps now :P

alinayg 05-18-2010 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by voogru (Post 1184020)
Unpossible. :twisted: I'm just going to raise the bar. It took me 12 hours to make dodgeball and over a year for a clone to come out. :mrgreen:

We all know your a professional :P

But asherkin, if you could make this work with the current maps that are out there, you would have a ton more.

voogru 05-18-2010 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowblood (Post 1184055)
well voogru, at least now you have a competition!

Competition just forces me to one up you. Competition is a good thing. I told him how to make the rockets do damage and that's probably quite a critical thing to have, so you could argue perhaps I wanted this competition to get my butt in gear to add new things to dodgeball.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinayg (Post 1184058)
We all know your a professional :P

But asherkin, if you could make this work with the current maps that are out there, you would have a ton more.

Good luck with that, most of our maps have significant logic with the entities that would need to be handled properly, and some of the newer maps we have will have their entities encrypted which basically means all of the entity logic would have to be re-created from scratch.

Which isn't any fun ;)

alinayg 05-18-2010 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by voogru (Post 1184083)
Good luck with that, most of our maps have significant logic with the entities that would need to be handled properly, and some of the newer maps we have will have their entities encrypted which basically means all of the entity logic would have to be re-created from scratch.

Which isn't any fun ;)

Oh... Well then, I didn't know it was that complicated since you make it in such a short time lol, sorry i doubted you master!

Oh well, guess we are going to have to make some awesome maps for the public to use.

voogru 05-18-2010 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinayg (Post 1184089)
Oh... Well then, I didn't know it was that complicated since you make it in such a short time lol, sorry i doubted you master!

Oh well, guess we are going to have to make some awesome maps for the public to use.

You're best off making your own maps, on the bright side I can't ninja your maps either without re-working them into my own system. Also I would prefer for our maps not to be used without permission from the map author.

yellowblood 05-18-2010 10:42

Actually in our community (Israeli), now that we have a dodgeball server, players are begging for some blucourt action, but I'm not going to convert any maps without permissions - that's just wrong.

I did convert my own map and gonna build some simple maps from scratch. Well the arena entities did come from the original DB maps but they are just arena entities :P