AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D] Left8Dead (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=89422)

Mad_Dugan 04-06-2009 03:15

[L4D] Left8Dead

8 Attachment(s)
What does it do?
Allows for more than 4 survivors to play on a co-op or survival map

How do I use it?
You must directly connect to your server. (Do not use a lobby as it locks the game mode to match the original lobby.)
L4DToolz an be used to circumvent the lobby check. (Windows only)

To play with more than 8 humans, use Left 4 Downtown extension which overrides max player checks (Windows & Linux).

Once everyone has joined your server, the admin types '/sm_l8d_menu' into chat and is presented with a menu to choose between co-op or survival mode. Once selected, a menu for map choice is presented. Map changes to specified mode and infected become spectator. Bots are spawned and spectators are automatically given control.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDR Khat (Post 804489)
+Players can always connect to the server until it is maxed out (May need the Metamod plugin to force your server into a constant 8 slot) this works by tricking the server into versus mode for 0.1 seconds when the player sends a connect signal
+3 commands to handle later-joiners. *1
+sm_l8d_hardzombies - a new command, if you want mass hordes rather than expert mode, you can use this to increase zombie count. This increases the zombie horde amount in multiples of 30 up to 6 (180!) Anything above the value of 3 (90) will cause periods of lag but it's still GREAT fun watching masses run towards players :) 1 will reset the values to normal.
+Bot "Cleanup" now done. Whenever there is more than 4 survivors and a player disconnects the bot taking over gets removed.

!joingame makes the client perform "jointeam 2" (helpful for those without console). This will take control of a spare bot when they are alive.
!addbot This will create a bot to join the game, IF survivors have not left the safe-room it will spawn immediately, if not, they will spawn in a closet at somepoint through the game. Players unfortunately cannot take control of this bot until their "alive" (rescued).
!away This allows players to go "AFK" (in the chance the option doesn't work, and they do not have the console) , if you do this and you're more than 4 survivors, you will need to use !joingame to rejoin.

I am not the originator of this original eight player methodology, and have only automated it and removed the need for sv_cheats. Plugin now includes various enhancements over the original scripts.

Known Issues
Game engine only tracks the 4 primary survivors for certain game elements:
  • Witches attack only the primary 4 survivors. A clone can startle her, and she will attack the first instance of that survivor.
  • Incap counts seem to count for all the individual character types (reported by death_hawk)
  • Max 3 people per closet (reported by death_hawk)
  • After failing a round, clones might spawn with primary's load-out. (reported by Hunterbrute)
Configuration Issues
Will not work on servers forcing versus only E.g. 'director_no_human_zombies 0' in server.cfg (reported by an0n1mus1 and others)
Conflicts with L4D Team/Score plugin (reported by ChillyWI)

Planned Future Features
Store survivor load-out for restoration on map failure
Have witch attack nearest survivor (berserk) rather than target only primaries
Reassign witch harasser to correct client
Custom skins for clones
Friendly fire settings
Admin menu intergration

Credits
Connection handling code and director manipulation created by DDR Khat
Uses modified source from [L4D] Extra Players created by devicenull
Expert mode change idea from [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead) created by grandwazir
Concept discovered at Left 12 Dead
Server testing at joe.to with special thanks to knoid.
Map entity research using EntEd created by sys
L4D event research using l4d_events by -pk-
L4D hidden cvars using cvar_list by MikeJS
Support for direct lobby connection through Left 4 Downtown extension by Downtown1

Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G_m932Gb2Y&fmt=22 (Shows people getting First Expert Campaign completion achievement - Zombicidal Maniac)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_3G2DOlC-w&fmt=22 (Nice demonstration of the in game menu)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWr1Tqv8SiE&fmt=22 (8 players taking down a tank on BH finale)

Change log
1.0 - 4/6/09
-Initial release

1.1 - 4/7/09
- Spawns appropriate number of bots for spectators
- Cleaned up start logic
- Added chat message coloring
- Set reference URL to this forum post

1.2 - 4/7/09
- reverted 'Spawns appropriate number of bots for spectators'

1.3 - 4/8/09
- Added map vote option

1.4 - 4/9/09
- Weapon caches now have enough supplies for everyone to choose what they want.
- Eight first-aid kits are supplied in starting areas.
- Teleport extra survivors away during finale cutscene
area/saferooms
- Configuration file (/cfg/sourcemod/l8d.cfg)
- Difficulty cvar (sm_l8d_difficulty)
- Optional cvar to only spawn bots for human spectators (sm_l8d_noextrabots)

1.4.1 - 4/10/09
- Added sb_all_bot_team cvar setting back

1.4.2 - 4/13/09 (Created by DDR Khat)
- Players can always connect to the server until it is maxed out
- sm_l8d_hardzombies - allows mass hordes rather than expert mode
- Bot "Cleanup" now done

1.4.3 - 4/13/09 (Created by DDR Khat)
- Hotfix Removes the "Versus" map requirement to enable Left8Dead

1.5.0 -5/16/09
- Renamed primary console command to 'sm_l8d_menu'
- Survival support
- Code cleanup

BETA releases are posted to this thread, so check every page to see if you issue has been resolved.

StephanBotha 04-06-2009 08:12

Re: [L4D] Left8Dead

Excellent work. We're installing it on our servers now.

Do you mind uploading it to L4DMods.com?

StephanBotha 04-06-2009 08:15

Also, can you add me to Steam?

StephanBotha <- Steam Name

stevenlafl 04-06-2009 10:16

Interesting. I made a plugin JUST like this a week ago. Congratulations on being last.

Edit: Amazing, the code is very, very similar to mine. Nice job.

StephanBotha 04-06-2009 10:29

^ Link to your plugin?

Also, we've also got a plugin similar to this, but wasn't perfected. Our code looks very similar, that doesn't mean that he copied your code

PS: Is it possible to have 12 players? 8 human + 4 bots? We played with 4 humans and 8 bots

Mad_Dugan 04-06-2009 15:25

Various server side scripts requiring rcon access have been floating around, so this was an attempt to automate everything while also not allowing sv_cheats, which can easily get out of hand. The core cvars that need changing and the bot generation are the same as required for any plugin addressing this. The last week of testing on the joe.to servers have resulted in this version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephanBotha (Post 798700)
Do you mind uploading it to L4DMods.com?

Maybe after and if it gets approved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephanBotha (Post 798812)
PS: Is it possible to have 12 players? 8 human + 4 bots? We played with 4 humans and 8 bots

Using the [L4D] Extra Players plugin might let you add four more bots for a total of 12 survivors. Add them once everyone has switched over.

Damizean 04-06-2009 16:01

Hello Mad_Dugan :D

Awesome mod, thanks a lot! I've been playing with it this afternoon and it sure is fun playing with 8 survivors. However, I've noticed a small mistake on the source code:

PHP Code:

for(new i=0;i<=4i++)
    {

l4dbot();
    } 

The condition i<=4 will do 5 iterations, wich will result in the creation of 5 survivor bots. Just changing it to i<4 will provide the correct number of bots :)

Thank you and keep up the good job!

Edit: Sorry, didn't see the planned features.

retsam 04-06-2009 16:34

Crazy I didnt think 8 survivors were possible. As you mentioned in main post, I of course could see issues with health kits, weapons stashes and such.

Also, if the boss zombies only attack the first true 4 survivors, that would be an issue...

Im curious if this works on servers and is stable.

Anyways, Good work.

StephanBotha 04-06-2009 16:41

I concur with Damizean,

We extensively tested this plugin on our server today and had 9 players (8 human + 1 bot) at certain times.

Other than that, it ran smoothly. One time, the map changed to a versus map half-way through the campaign, but that turned out to be the Huntergames plugin to interfere.

If it's worth anything, we and 30+ players agree that it is in a fully working condition.

Mad_Dugan 04-06-2009 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by retsam (Post 799160)
Also, if the boss zombies only attack the first true 4 survivors, that would be an issue...

Only witches target the true 4 survivors. Tanks, hunters, smokers, and boomers are equal opportunist.