AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Hitgroup Restrictions (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=56551)

Knagg0 06-16-2007 03:13

Hitgroup Restrictions

1 Attachment(s)
REQUIREMENTS:CVARS:
  • hgr_enable
    • Enables/disables this plugin
    • Default: 1
  • hgr_hitgroups
    • With that you can edit the restrictions
    • Usage: 1 = Allow - 0 = Restrict
    • Default: "1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1"
  • hgr_chatcmd
    • Chat command to display the restrictions
    • Default: "/hitgroups"
CHANGELOG:
  • 0.1.0 (6/16/07)
    • Release

FlyingMongoose 06-16-2007 06:59

Re: [PLUGIN] Hitgroup Restrictions

i was expecting someone to make this, a lot of clans out there want this kind of thing to practice headshots. Good work.

CoolPeter 07-20-2007 10:08

Re: Hitgroup Restrictions

Big thanks!!!!
I was searching for a plugin like this a long time!
Works great :up:

MrSafe 08-09-2007 03:11

every time i run this it works fine for the map that it is enabled on but on the map change my server crashes this only happens with source mod.

patches11 08-09-2007 04:52

I looked through the code some, my best guess is that it's because hooks aren't being released and re-established when needed. This plugin (and perhaps even Sourcemod in general) isn't stable enough for use.

MrSafe 08-09-2007 05:10

so it could be either source mod or this mod?

patches11 08-09-2007 05:28

As best as I can tell, yes. I honestly don't know, I've been trying to get my server up and running stable, and I was having weird problems while running Sourcemod with my own custom scripts. No way to know whether I was doing any of it right. :( I'm giving it another shot... If I get this plugin to work okay, I'll post it here.

MrSafe 08-09-2007 05:58

thank you. Because my server crashes when I have this mod running. I want source mod to grow because of its versatility and power.

patches11 08-11-2007 16:18

The reason I want this to work is because player_hurt doesn't get hitgroup information, and I'm trying to get headshot hitsounds, not just a headshot sound when someone dies. What's really weird though, is that I had this working under EventScripts at one point, so in light of this, I created a new event player_hurt_x and had ES fire it off to SourceMod (which is really cool), but it wasn't including hitgroup information, and then when I tried my ES script that was working, normal hitsounds worked but headshot sounds had stopped working. My best guess is that I was running a plugin or script or something that added hitgroup information to the player_hurt event before EventScripts got it. I really wish I could figure that one out.

As far as actual hitgroup restrictions, this script is based off of a hack extension, and despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to get it to run stable. The hitgroups works for a while, and then it quits working after anywhere from a couple minutes to about 20 minutes with varying server loads. I wish the author of this thing would return to life and take a look at it :P

On the upside, when not running this script, SourceMod appears to be running just fine, no weird crashes or anything.

Knagg0 08-11-2007 16:34

It runs fine for me on 2 servers... What doesn't work for you? Server OS? What error do you get?

Btw. this is the player_hurt event for CS:S

Code:

"player_hurt"
        {
                "userid"        "short"          // player index who was hurt
                "attacker"        "short"                // player index who attacked
                "health"        "byte"                // remaining health points
                "armor"                "byte"                // remaining armor points
                "weapon"        "string"        // weapon name attacker used, if not the world
                "dmg_health"        "byte"        // damage done to health
                "dmg_armor"        "byte"                // damage done to armor
                "hitgroup"        "byte"                // hitgroup that was damaged
        }