AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Scripting Help (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Communication between two servers (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=326336)

MaNaReaver 07-27-2020 13:40

Communication between two servers

Hey AM,

I've seen this feature on several servers where people are able to talk between different servers, and it seems quite cool. Are there ways to implement such a feature?

Thanks and best regards,
MaNaReaver.

fysiks 07-27-2020 20:52

Re: Communication between two servers

If it's already working, I suspect that it is possible. There are several threads around here for exactly this purpose. A simple search using a search engine provided several options. For example, this one.

MaNaReaver 07-28-2020 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2711943)
If it's already working, I suspect that it is possible. There are several threads around here for exactly this purpose. A simple search using a search engine provided several options. For example, this one.

Hey fysiks, thanks for helping out. I tried using Exolent's native, but it crashes once someone says anything, I don't know why but anything with the sockets module causes ReHLDS servers to crash.

HamletEagle 07-28-2020 06:24

Then don't use rehlds or ask them why the crash happens with sockets module(if that's really the cause of the crash).

MaNaReaver 07-28-2020 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamletEagle (Post 2712004)
Then don't use rehlds or ask them why the crash happens with sockets module(if that's really the cause of the crash).

I wish I could do that, but it's not possible as several plugins I use or have worked on use ReAPI in some way or form. Sockets works just fine on an HLDS server, but there seems to be an issue with sockets, like orpheu, on ReHLDS.

Several people I know who use ReHLDS don't have a choice, and therefore refrain from using sockets, despite it giving several advantages to a server. I'd love to use sockets, but I haven't received back from the devs yet.

HamletEagle 07-28-2020 06:41

I'm pretty sure most plugins can be converted from ReAPI to fakemeta/engine. The only issue I see is when orpheu is needed, but signatures are already available in this forum for a lot of functions so the only thing left is to use orpheu natives like you could with any other native.
I understand this is not ideal, but I don't know many people here who actively use ReHLDS and could help you find the issue and fix it. That's why I said your best bet is to ask the maintainers of ReHLDS directly.

MaNaReaver 07-28-2020 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamletEagle (Post 2712008)
I'm pretty sure most plugins can be converted from ReAPI to fakemeta/engine. The only issue I see is when orpheu is needed, but signatures are already available in this forum for a lot of functions so the only thing left is to use orpheu natives like you could with any other native.
I understand this is not ideal, but I don't know many people here who actively use ReHLDS and could help you find the issue and fix it. That's why I said your best bet is to ask the maintainers of ReHLDS directly.

Yeah, it's possible but a cumbersome and time-consuming task to perform, and I personally don't think it would be worth doing, especially when things are currently stable. It's a loss-loss situation anyway, and I think I'll have to manage with the available resources. I hope that I get back from the developers to provide support for sockets soon.

gabuch2 07-28-2020 13:25

If you're willing to run an additional software, I can shamelessly recommend my own plugin, MatterAMXX. It uses the GRIP module instead of Sockets so it works on ReHLDS.

MaNaReaver 07-30-2020 01:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Iggy (Post 2712043)
If you're willing to run an additional software, I can shamelessly recommend my own plugin, MatterAMXX. It uses the GRIP module instead of Sockets so it works on ReHLDS.

Hey Iggy, I'm unsure on how to install gRIP for Counter-Strike, as there's not much information on it. Could you guide me through it? Also, where should the matterbridge.toml file be placed? Thanks!

abdobiskra 07-30-2020 03:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaNaReaver (Post 2712300)
Hey Iggy, I'm unsure on how to install gRIP for Counter-Strike, as there's not much information on it. Could you guide me through it? Also, where should the matterbridge.toml file be placed? Thanks!

grip-0.0.0.0-test-i686-unknown-linux-gnu.tar.gz