AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [L4D] Extra players (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=83699)

devicenull 01-13-2009 18:27

[L4D] Extra players

1 Attachment(s)
This plugin will allow you to create additional bots in the game. Using this, you can have anywhere up to 12 bots in the game.

Note that human players don't seem to be able to take control over the additional bots, but I could be wrong.

There's only one command:
sm_l4dbot - Requires the "cheats" admin flag, and will add a bot to the game. Note that typically you want to use this a few times fairly quickly.

The plugin relies on creating fake players, so if you do not have 4 human players playing, you may need to use it 4 times before you actually see any result.

The fake player it creates will be kicked after 30 seconds, at which point the normal survivorbot AI will take over.

santaclaus 01-13-2009 19:03

Re: [L4D] Extra players

Would it be possible to add fake players in a versus game infected side ?
(Goal - add infected bot to fill the teams)

devicenull 01-14-2009 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by santaclaus (Post 743671)
Would it be possible to add fake players in a versus game infected side ?
(Goal - add infected bot to fill the teams)

It should be. The plugin won't really let you do it now unless you modify one line though.

Dristol 01-14-2009 02:04

That's a great idea for this script. Make it such that a versus server will fill the empty slots with bots for both survivor and infected. Server will then always have action. Anyone care to upload the infected side version of this?

DDR Khat 01-14-2009 04:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dristol (Post 743812)
That's a great idea for this script. Make it such that a versus server will fill the empty slots with bots for both survivor and infected. Server will then always have action. Anyone care to upload the infected side version of this?

There would not always be action, because there is no client on the survivor team to "close the door" even though the bots close it. so the game will not end and simply hang on that map.

swifty29 01-14-2009 11:24

What if you use sm_cvar sb_all_bot_team 1? This works on my server.

Dark-Reaper 01-14-2009 11:58

Have always 4 infected bots would be extremely useful to prevent ragequit due to players who left because they're alone. It could be good to make a human VS bots challenge too.

santaclaus 01-14-2009 12:07

I personnally don't understand why valve has disabled infected bot on versus.
There's too much leaver on L4D.

Dristol 01-14-2009 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by santaclaus (Post 744042)
I personnally don't understand why valve has disabled infected bot on versus.
There's too much leaver on L4D.

That's what I am talking about. Can someone modify this to create the infected bots as devicenull suggests just requires a change to one line of code?

Thanks in advance. Hopefully you can do this with 2 different commands.

sm_l4dbot
sm_l4dbot_pz

Maybe have the option to create as many bots as you like for each time at the start of each mission automatically with a couple cvars?

This would be a big help against rage quitters. That's the big problem with Left 4 Dead, the population is so low that it makes the game vulnerable to even 1 or 2 people leaving. This would also be very beneficial to servers that choose to run versus on the coop maps.

tfphoenix 01-17-2009 02:13

Hi this looks really funny and i enjoy it alot but for the moment i have to uninstall because whether i use it or not the game keeps directing people to my server even though it has 4 players already. i see john joined / quit frank joined / quit. i dont want it to be a neusance to people. anyone else have this problem?