AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugin/Gameplay Ideas and Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   8 survivors in the rescue vehicle (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=326643)

rtokuda 08-09-2020 16:53

8 survivors in the rescue vehicle

Whenever more than four survivors enter a rescue vehicle, four more survivors are left behind. This gets worse in the hard hain campaign, when eight survivors enter the final boat and four stay behind and die. Is there any correction to keep the 8 survivors, without four being left behind?

sneaK 08-09-2020 16:55

Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle

Moved to the proper section, please be aware of where you post. This is not a plugin release.

xZk 08-09-2020 17:34

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe this will help you, I had done it only for a custom map where the helicopter leaves the extra survivors
edit: untested on official campaigns

Slaven555 08-15-2020 05:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by xZk (Post 2713690)
Maybe this will help you, I had done it only for a custom map where the helicopter leaves the extra survivors
edit: untested on official campaigns

Doesn't work on standard maps. The survivors remain after the rescue vehicle leaves.:cry:

Psyk0tik 09-11-2020 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaven555 (Post 2714272)
Doesn't work on standard maps. The survivors remain after the rescue vehicle leaves.:cry:

One solution may be to teleport all survivors to the saferoom once the rescue vehicle starts to leave. The game will still count it as all survivors escaping and they'll be safe there. You can even give them godmode to prevent any damage done onto them in case the saferoom door is left open.

Shadowysn 09-16-2020 13:30

1 Attachment(s)
A long time ago, I made a private plugin that attempts to prevent Survivors from dying or getting incapped when the rescue cutscene plays.
It even adds extra info_survivor_position entities to The Sacrifice finale, but only for 8 survivors.

Maybe in the future, it could be updated to visually hide the survivors via SetTransmit or teleport the rest to a survivor that's already set to a position.

DeathChaos25 09-29-2020 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowysn (Post 2717944)
A long time ago, I made a private plugin that attempts to prevent Survivors from dying or getting incapped when the rescue cutscene plays.
It even adds extra info_survivor_position entities to The Sacrifice finale, but only for 8 survivors.

Maybe in the future, it could be updated to visually hide the survivors via SetTransmit or teleport the rest to a survivor that's already set to a position.

I tried this in The Parish finale and still had the 4 extra considered dead, I wonder what exactly causes this bug?

It randomly happens and randomly doesn't.

In the custom campaign Dark Carnival Remix we had no issues, everyone made it out alive, but on another one like Resident Evil 3 we had the bug of 4 people getting left behind after getting in the rescue vehicle.

I wonder if using the RoundRespawn signature to put everyone in the saferoom would fix this?

strikeraot 09-30-2020 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowysn (Post 2717944)

Sadly it not work properly, the extra-survivors still die at the end of map

HarryPotter 09-30-2020 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 (Post 2719568)
I wonder if using the RoundRespawn signature to put everyone in the saferoom would fix this?

No use, I have tried.
No one is dead when rescue leaving, and I put everyone back to start saferoom,
In the credit screen, it still shows some players are dead

Lux 09-30-2020 14:51

Looks like they shuffled some stuff around in the update dealing with,
meaning parts have changed alittle when dealing with rescue.

Ill have look sometime in the future, my guess from quick look at the binary it may end up likely being they could be using sacrifice escapees to store players which only allows 4 survivors to occupy.