AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Non-Steam = No Support (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=123402)

Styles 04-05-2010 06:21

Non-Steam = No Support

Ok, so I'm tired of seeing all these "Non-Steam = No Support" type things then the tread is locked.

I say we just toss them? They are making the forum full of bullshit threads that hinder search results. Granted this thread does as well so i think this thread should be trashed when a decision is decided. But again, I think we need to trash the threads or just go ahead and hard delete it (NOT SOFT). I don't want to see like "thread deleted" bullshit either, it's annoying.

You non-steam kids, get the fuck off the internet. Stay on your stupid Euro servers with you fail internet and fail free games because your too poor to buy a real fucking game that costs $10.00. Any kid can make $10.00 in a heart beat. Go get a paper route or go mow a lawn. If you can't do that, fix somebody's computer. If your too stupid to do that, just ask mom and dad? Is it that bad over there you can't afford shit? Or are you honestly just too lazy to get a fucking job to buy the damn game.

BAILOPAN 04-05-2010 06:23

Re: Non-Steam = No Support

I think part of the problem is that in some countries there are _only_ non-steam servers. Even if you want to buy or have bought the game. You have to cater to your market.

It's really moot as it doesn't change our position on the matter.

SpILL 04-05-2010 06:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAILOPAN (Post 1139922)
I think part of the problem is that in some countries there are _only_ non-steam servers. Even if you want to buy or have bought the game. You have to cater to your market.

It's really moot as it doesn't change our position on the matter.

My goodness! 100 & 10 percent agreed.

[Black_Jack] 04-05-2010 06:40

Yea. In Russia it is a problem. Many people create server with 47\48 protocol server, because it's too many people using no steam. It's too hard to tell them to bought cs. No-Steam is popular in my LAN Servers. Sometimes, when I playing on Steam servers(what appears in Internet tab in CS) I found a 47\48 servers and ask creators, why them not make only steam server. They replied that he afraid of small amount of people can join it. So its problem. I know thats so terrible, but I cant do anything.:(
I tried many times to move no steam peoples to steam. And it's useless. So in Russia, I think, That problem will stay more along time. And Russians is greedy too :))

YamiKaitou 04-05-2010 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styles (Post 1139919)
I say we just toss them?

I had tried getting rid of them, didn't help at all. Then I got bored of doing it so I have really laid back on the amount I do now.

Quote:

But again, I think we need to trash the threads or just go ahead and hard delete it (NOT SOFT). I don't want to see like "thread deleted" bullshit either, it's annoying.
I would, but that requires extra work. There is also some policy somewhere that states that nothing shall be physically removed.

Quote:

Any kid can make $10.00 in a heart beat.
In some countries, 10 USD is quite a bit of money. To us, 10 USD is cheap change, but to another country, it may be 500.

Owyn 04-05-2010 06:45

Quote:

In some countries
it's a shame to buy things you can download, just like to be a pedophile, so that is how they see you.

Quote:

so I'm tired
go sleep then. or you'r too angry at internets?

xtinct 04-05-2010 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styles (Post 1139919)
Any kid can make $10.00 in a heart beat

Please Tell me How can I make some.:cry:

SpILL 04-05-2010 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtinct (Post 1139974)
Please Tell me How can I make some.:cry:

1 USD = 500 Indean Rupees? :shock:

Styles 04-05-2010 07:38

Yes sure in YOUR country it's worth a lot. I get hit up very often to create private plugins. I charge any range from $10.00 - like 600? depending on wtf they want and how elaborate?

I mean kids will pay $10.00 for a plugin. You can charge $10.00 if your russian... what ever even if it is 500 it's only 10 for the american.. so I don't see the issue.

@ BILOPAN, what are the legal ramifications for you if you were to add a non-steam section (ie semi support it?) Now, I know game offsets are differen't ect.. tons of things break because of it, but ignoring this fact..

joaquimandrade 04-05-2010 07:43

Styles, like it was said, in some countries everybody uses non-steam. One that wants to create a server can't do it with steam, one that has steam can't join a server on his country. Anyway, it's up to them. They are free to do whatever they want. Just chill out and understand that not just because they use non steam they are bad persons.