AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] No Domination Broadcast (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=196974)

Root_ 09-27-2012 11:06

[TF2] No Domination Broadcast

1 Attachment(s)
This dirty little plugin can disable the "Domination & Revenge" features of Team Fortress 2 and helps you to prevent lower skilled players from rage quitting.
This plugin may be useful for TF2DM, MGEMod, Saxton Hale, ZombieMod and other servers like that.

By default, "Player X is dominating Player Y" is displayed in the death message area if someone kills another player 4 times in a row without being killed by that player for everyone to see.
The scoreboard shows who you are dominating and who is your Nemesis (i.e. dominating you).

After installing the plugin, there will be no notices about Dominations or Revenges at all anymore, not as a death message addition, not as sprite above 'Nemesis' head and not on the scoreboard either.

There's only one ConVar: sm_nodominations = Disable Domination & Revenge broadcasting?
By default the value is 1 (i.e. disable broadcasting)
To enable Domination & Revenge broadcasting again set value to 0

NOTES:
-Plugin requires SDKHooks for running
-Plugin is using Updater by GoD-Tony, so you'll need to download it if you want to re-compile plugin

Servers with this plugin

Download plugin
Browse source code

Powerlord 09-27-2012 11:54

Re: [TF2] No Domination Broadcast

I'd avoid using tf_ cvars, as Valve uses tf_ for its own internal cvars.

Root_ 09-27-2012 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1807612)
Valve uses tf_ for its own internal cvars.

That's why I created cvar witf tf_ prefix, it looks neat :)
Also I seen some TF2 plugins is also using tf_ prefix, and that's not bad I guess

FaTony 09-27-2012 17:50

SetNetProps doesn't need to be public, otherwise nice.

MasterOfTheXP 09-27-2012 20:34

I think that cvar is fine, personally. You're probably gonna need to change the version cvar, though.

Powerlord 09-27-2012 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Root_ (Post 1807633)
That's why I created cvar witf tf_ prefix, it looks neat :)
Also I seen some TF2 plugins is also using tf_ prefix, and that's not bad I guess

The problem with tf (along with sv, mp, and cl) is that Valve can come along later and use that cvar, which means your plugin will start throwing errors as it tries to create a cvar that already exists.

CuriousG 09-27-2012 22:14

Will this mess with stat programs like TF2 Stats, HLstatsX, gameME?

Root_ 09-28-2012 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1807889)
The problem with tf (along with sv, mp, and cl) is that Valve can come along later and use that cvar, which means your plugin will start throwing errors as it tries to create a cvar that already exists.

I think dominations will never be disabled in TF2. Its a part of the game, which also have been added to other OB games.
Anyway if valve will do it (we're all know how they broke everything) i'll update my plugin immediate :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousG (Post 1807916)
Will this mess with stat programs like TF2 Stats, HLstatsX, gameME?

Not sure about HLstatsX or gameME
EDIT: I've been tested plugin with TF2Stats plugin, and dominated bot twice (with enabled and disabled plugin), so I got a 1 domination tracked in the database instead of 2
If you meaning kill streak like 'Domination (4 kills)' or 'Godlike (23 kills)' - it will work perfectly, because those events working along the death flags :)

Powerlord 09-28-2012 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Root_ (Post 1808112)
I think dominations will never be disabled in TF2. Its a part of the game, which also have been added to other OB games.
Anyway if valve will do it (we're all know how they broke everything) i'll update my plugin immediate :mrgreen:

There is already a cvar to hide them in tournament mode.

Leonardo 09-28-2012 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1808130)
There is already a cvar to hide them in tournament mode.

but there's no cvar to hide them *not* in tournament mode.