AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [ANY] Grooveshark 1.2.5 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=226704)

DontWannaName 09-21-2013 19:39

[ANY] Grooveshark 1.2.5

3 Attachment(s)
Grooveshark powered by TinySong API

http://i.imgur.com/owl9ySU.png

Description: This plugin allows players to play songs on Grooveshark without leaving the game. It is lightweight and shouldn't cause any lag for most players.

Compatibility: TF2, CSS, DODS, CSGO and any other Source based mods that use a MOTD and SM.

Commands:
sm_grooveshark (No Parameters) - Launch Grooveshark.com in MOTD browser for manual usage. *
sm_grooveshark <Name of Song/Artist> - Play song that best matches your query
sm_gs <Name of Song/Artist> - Alias for sm_grooveshark
sm_gsstop - Stop currently playing song
sm_gsplay - Replay the last song you selected with sm_grooveshark
sm_gscurrent - Displays information about the last song you selected with sm_grooveshark

Required Cvar:
sm_tinysong_api_key "" - Grab an API key from Tinysong's site and set it in the auto created cfg in cfg/sourcemod

Required Extension:
Latest Sockets Extension

Instructions:

1. Go to http://tinysong.com/api and grab an API key
  2. Place the Grooveshark smx into your server's plugins folder
  3. Load the plugin or restart your server
  4. Paste the API key into the newly created config in cfg/sourcemod
  5. Restart your server

ChangeLog:

1.2.5 - Added FCVAR PROTECTED to API cvar so people cant steal your key

1.2.4 - Re-Released

-Special thanks to the previous authors, I do not take credit for the original plugin. I will continue to support this version.

Caliban Avenged 09-21-2013 20:00

Re: [ANY] Grooveshark 1.2.4

DWN, thank you for taking on this effort - we were using Grooveshark 2.0.5, and were very sad to see it fall apart after that Valve update.

Am curious about your version. Is there a way to control the volume of the playback in yours? 2.0.5 let us bring up /gs to change the volume, like yours seems to, only the console in your version doesn't save the settings.

doze 09-24-2013 02:43

Thanks.

Yes, a way to control the volume would be nice.

A message displaying when players join informing them of GS and its commands would also be nice.

k3rex 09-24-2013 09:45

Can't listen to any song, its say im gonna listen but i hear nothing, what is the problem?

doze 09-24-2013 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by k3rex (Post 2039981)
Can't listen to any song, its say im gonna listen but i hear nothing, what is the problem?

You need adobe flash player for other browsers installed.

DontWannaName 09-25-2013 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caliban Avenged (Post 2038779)
DWN, thank you for taking on this effort - we were using Grooveshark 2.0.5, and were very sad to see it fall apart after that Valve update.

Am curious about your version. Is there a way to control the volume of the playback in yours? 2.0.5 let us bring up /gs to change the volume, like yours seems to, only the console in your version doesn't save the settings.

Unfortunately, I think it reloads the player with every song so the volume wouldnt be saved. I also dont think the player has a variable that can be used in the code to change volume.

I think game volume in the game controls motd volume?

DontWannaName 09-25-2013 02:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by doze (Post 2039877)
Thanks.

Yes, a way to control the volume would be nice.

A message displaying when players join informing them of GS and its commands would also be nice.

Wouldnt be hard to add, but wouldnt an advertisement work better?

Battles Clan 09-26-2013 22:59

Currently this plugin does not work in CS: GO

Caliban Avenged 09-28-2013 18:18

[ANY] Grooveshark 1.2.4

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontWannaName (Post 2040260)
Unfortunately, I think it reloads the player with every song so the volume wouldnt be saved. I also dont think the player has a variable that can be used in the code to change volume.

I think game volume in the game controls motd volume?

I suppose - but disruptive to players with casual listening needs.

Peeked at your code - saw that you're essentially using the flash player widget for Facebook from GS; hence, no volume control. Is that the only option for playback? I seem to recall a general-purpose flash player that could be invoked with volume controls, connected with a karaoke plug-in; the specific one escapes me at the moment. Does the TinySong API we're calling here make it possible to feed the song URL to a different player?

cool_myll 09-29-2013 05:11

I agree. I only uninstalled the old grooveshark plugin cause of no volume options.