AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   HL1 Servers (HLDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   ive tried everything (hlds networking problem) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=336474)

kl0ver 02-22-2022 19:52

ive tried everything (hlds networking problem)

1 Attachment(s)
ive tried every port, ive went everywhere and i still cant connect to my own server on the external ip. i even tried dmz and that still didnt work.

im using xfinity (which is horrible), connected to a linksys RE6300, then ethernet to a belkin n300 router to my server with windows. ive done the port forward in the app and in the belkin router. the screenshot will show what ports i used. i tried every port. i used a static ip. this is straight hlds from the steam tools . any help is cool.

fysiks 02-22-2022 21:45

Re: ive tried everything (hlds networking problem)

Can you connect to your own server from a different computer on your LAN? This should verify that 1) your server is working and 2) the ports on your computer that is running the server are open.

There are many guides for opening ports out there and they typically have tools to test it (though it might be risky to use them).

Also, I wonder if your ISP blocks inbound connections like this. Most residential connections aren't being used to host services so I imagine it's possible that they'd block it unless you get a commercial tier connection. This is just speculation and I don't know anything about Xfinity.

Mordekay 02-23-2022 02:16

Just to clarify: you tried to connect to your server from inside your LAN or from outside?
Extending the range does not move you outside from your own LAN. And connecting to your own computer inside your own LAN only works with your local IP.

kl0ver 02-24-2022 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mordekay (Post 2772191)
Just to clarify: you tried to connect to your server from inside your LAN or from outside?
Extending the range does not move you outside from your own LAN. And connecting to your own computer inside your own LAN only works with your local IP.

i attempted to connect to my public ip from outside at a friends house and it still didnt work.can i get the ports that do work? idk which ones to use.

fysiks 02-24-2022 23:50

Did you read through the suggestions of the other recent "port forward" thread? I think the ports you are using are correct. You can look at the link I posted in that thread.

rx1983 03-30-2022 10:20

is your public(external) ip dynamic or fixed ???

kl0ver 04-06-2022 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by rx1983 (Post 2775541)
is your public(external) ip dynamic or fixed ???

Public ip is fixed can't really change it