AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   First Person Death (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=83767)

MPNumB 01-14-2009 23:01

First Person Death

1 Attachment(s)
Description:
This plugin makes your spectator mod to be in first person when you die - just like in Half-Life 2 death. Also includes dead pulse sound.

Requires:
FakeMeta
HamSandWich

Additional info:
Tested with amxmodx 1.8.1 on Counter-Strike 1.6.

Change-Log:

- First release.

Sage_UA 01-15-2009 00:48

Re: First Person Death

good. thanks!

bomnacama 01-15-2009 19:49

does this put the screen red, and does is says: pi pi pi piiiii USERS DEAD xDDD

MPNumB 01-15-2009 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomnacama (Post 744901)
does this put the screen red, and does is says: pi pi pi piiiii USERS DEAD xDDD

No it doesn't make screen fade to red (in order to be working with cs mp_fadetoblack 1 cvar). Yes, as I said it includes dead pulse sound. But "users dead" sound - I don't even know what your talking about.

danielkza 01-15-2009 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPNumB (Post 744954)
No it doesn't make screen fade to red (in order to be working with cs mp_fadetoblack 1 cvar). Yes, as I said it includes dead pulse sound. But "users dead" sound - I don't even know what your talking about.

You can just check the cvar and only fade to red if it's off.

And I think he means the bipping sound played right after you die, and the computer voice of the HEV suit that says 'user death eminent' or something like that.

MPNumB 01-15-2009 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielkza (Post 744959)
You can just check the cvar and only fade to red if it's off.

And I think he means the bipping sound played right after you die, and the computer voice of the HEV suit that says 'user death eminent' or something like that.

ScreenFade will have problems with gore plugin (it takes more time, so most of the time user will just be blinded to red). And I don't really want to create a plugin what will have problems in combination of some other plugin (specially if that other plugin is popular).

About the sound. If I understood right - you wanted to say sound to other people? If yes it will be crazy - if I'm right after update to cs1.3 VALVe removed "sound/radio/hitassist" sound to all team mates when hp level reaches red (25- and alive) first time after player spawn, and also removed "sound/radio/matedown" sound when team mate is killed. And reason is - cuz this radio sound events were played just way too often.

danielkza 01-15-2009 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPNumB (Post 744977)
ScreenFade will have problems with gore plugin (it takes more time, so most of the time user will just be blinded to red). And I don't really want to create a plugin what will have problems in combination of some other plugin (specially if that other plugin is popular).

About the sound. If I understood right - you wanted to say sound to other people? If yes it will be crazy - if I'm right after update to cs1.3 VALVe removed "sound/radio/hitassist" sound to all team mates when hp level reaches red (25- and alive) first time after player spawn, and also removed "sound/radio/matedown" sound when team mate is killed. And reason is - cuz this radio sound events were played just way too often.

Apparently you haven't played HL2 at all. Whenever your about to die, a computer-generated voice tells you about your status, with messages like 'user death eminent'. I said nothing about playing it to others, or about radio sounds or anything. And there is a delay for the sound, it won't play at every shot that hits you.

And I don't even know what plugin you're talking about, and that's what cvars are for, you can enable and disable any feature as you wish.

MPNumB 01-15-2009 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielkza (Post 744981)
Apparently you haven't played HL2 at all. Whenever your about to die, a computer-generated voice tells you about your status, with messages like 'user death eminent'. I said nothing about playing it to others, or about radio sounds or anything. And there is a delay for the sound, it won't play at every shot that hits you.

And I don't even know what plugin you're talking about, and that's what cvars are for, you can enable and disable any feature as you wish.

That sound would be a bit non-cs style imo (personally I designed this plugin for cs, but noticed that it can be used on some more mods). I played hl2, but actually I don't remember it very good - was long time ago. Plus purpose of this plugin is for user to die in first person. But I noticed that it's a bit boring, that's why added that pulse sound. Low health information just has nothing to do with main plugin idea (or when is that "user death eminent" sound is played anyway).

Gore... I also didn't find it in here, but it's really a popular plugin (slow-motion deaths, more blood...). You have to know it.

// edit:

Btw, that sound in hl1 is: "sound/fvox/near_death".

Fry! 01-16-2009 04:40

Dude, this is awesome I like that feature from HL2. Great plugin indeed.

bomnacama 01-16-2009 07:00

Btw, that sound in hl1 is: "sound/fvox/near_death".

its that sound that im talkin about