AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [Source 2013] Custom Chat Colors (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=186695)

Dr. McKay 06-02-2012 15:20

[Source 2013] Custom Chat Colors

[Source 2013] Custom Chat Colors

v3.1.0

Description:
Give particular Steam IDs and admin flags custom chat colors and name tags. Supports any color you can imagine, or team color, green, and olive. This is a rewrite of Simple Chat Colors (Redux). Requires Simple Chat Processor (Redux). Complete documentation is in the config file.

Only works in Source 2013 games, which include:
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Counter-Strike: Source
  • Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
  • Day of Defeat: Source

This also works on CS:GO, but only "T", "G", and "O" codes can be used.

Update: I'm getting reports that colors don't work on CS:GO when alive. This is a shame, but this plugin doesn't officially support CS:GO. Don't expect it to be fixed.

This plugin will never support any CS:GO colors beyond those mentioned above, so stop asking.

Commands:
sm_reloadccc - reloads the config file

Cvars:
custom_chat_colors_version - plugin version
custom_chat_colors_auto_update (default 1) - enables automatic updating (has no effect if Updater is not installed)

Requirements:
Requires the Simple Chat Processor (Redux) plugin.

Developers:
This plugin provides several forwards and natives. See the include file for documentation.

Installation:
Install Simple Chat Processor (Redux), extract chatcolors.zip, upload its contents to your /addons/sourcemod directory, and reboot your server or type "sm plugins load custom-chatcolors" into your console or rcon.

Auto Update:
Install Updater. The plugin will be auto-updated according to your Updater settings. It'll work without Updater.

Changelog:
  • v3.1.0 (8/30/14)
    • Added support for Steam3 IDs
  • v3.0.0 (7/8/13)
    • Removed deprecated natives
    • Added CCC_OnColor and CCC_OnChatMessage forwards
    • Deprecated CCC_OnTagApplied, CCC_OnNameColor, and CCC_OnChatColor forwards
    • Improved Updater integration
  • v2.4.0 (2/11/13)
    • Added CCC_OnConfigReloaded forward
  • v2.3.0 (1/27/13)
    • Added support for CS:GO
  • v2.2.0 (1/16/13)
    • Added CCC_OnUserConfigPreLoaded forward so other plugins can block the config file from being loaded
  • v2.1.0 (12/8/12)
    • Added library registration so that other plugins can verify that Custom Chat Colors is running
  • v2.0.0 (11/25/12)
    • Improved and revised natives
  • v1.8.0 (9/27/12)
    • Changed update URL to SVN repository
    • Plugin now properly fails to load when Simple Chat Processor is not installed
  • v1.7.0 (9/16/12)
    • Fixed a bug that caused people to improperly receive colors and tags
  • v1.6.0 (9/16/12)
    • Renamed forwards to add CCC_ prefix
    • Added CCC_OnUserConfigLoaded forward
    • Added CCC_SetNameColor, CCC_SetChatColor, CCC_SetTagColor, and CCC_SetTag natives
  • v1.5.0 (8/25/12)
    • Plugin now warns on load if simple-chatprocessor.smx is not loaded
  • v1.4.0 (7/12/12)
    • Added ability to disable automatic updating
  • v1.3.0 (7/3/12)
    • Fixed a problem with the OnNameColor forward
  • v1.2.0 (6/14/12)
    • Made the natives actually work
  • v1.1.0 (6/14/12)
    • Added OnTagApplied forward
    • Added CCC_GetNameColor, CCC_GetChatColor, CCC_GetTagColor, and CCC_GetTag natives
  • v1.0.0 (6/2/12)
    • Initial release

Download Plugin (chatcolors.zip)

.zip file includes compiled binary, config file, source, and .inc file

Official Modules

11530 06-02-2012 15:35

Re: [TF2] Simple Chat Colors (Redux) (Redux)

I think I prefer the term "Dual Redux" or something :D

Thanks for rewriting this. Given that I often get entity errors with Anti's one, I think I'll check this this as soon as I can.

ReFlexPoison 06-02-2012 16:03

Re: [TF2] Simple Chat Colors (Redux) (Redux)

Sweet, thanks for the release, but like 11530, change the name ;)

Dr. McKay 06-02-2012 16:34

Re: [TF2] Custom Chat Colors

Fine... :(

Horsedick 06-02-2012 16:49

I liked the name as it was :)

Thanks for the re-write - lookin at it now.

ReFlexPoison 06-02-2012 18:04

Maybe someone can answer this for me, any particular reason this feature is only for TF2? I know this has question has been raised before, but I've never actually arrived at the correct answer.

minimoney1 06-02-2012 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReFlexPoison (Post 1721697)
Maybe someone can answer this for me, any particular reason this feature is only for TF2? I know this has question has been raised before, but I've never actually arrived at the correct answer.

A recent update in TF2 allowed developers to create chat messages with any custom color. This feature doesn't exist in any other game (From what I know), but if we could get it into CSS (Also with the HUD capabilities), it'd be great!

ReFlexPoison 06-02-2012 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by minimoney1 (Post 1721715)
A recent update in TF2 allowed developers to create chat messages with any custom color. This feature doesn't exist in any other game (From what I know), but if we could get it into CSS (Also with the HUD capabilities), it'd be great!

I understand the update, but my point is, is valve debating on adding the feature in any other game? I've heard they don't "like" the CS:S community.

AeroAcrobat 06-02-2012 20:11

holy shmoly!
this is what I've been waiting for, you are the best! :D
will try it out. Thank you very much!

edit:
would be a gradient color possible ?
not now but maybe in future.

Mr. Man 06-02-2012 21:25

Encountering this issue:

Code:

L 06/03/2012 - 05:17:28: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 06/03/2012 - 05:17:28: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Config file missing
L 06/03/2012 - 05:17:28: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "TF2_customchatcolors.smx":
L 06/03/2012 - 05:17:28: [SM]  [0]  Line 51, D:\Libraries\Documents\Dropbox\SourceMod Plugins\Released\custom-chatcolors.sp::LoadConfig()
L 06/03/2012 - 05:17:28: [SM]  [1]  Line 39, D:\Libraries\Documents\Dropbox\SourceMod Plugins\Released\custom-chatcolors.sp::OnPluginStart()

I have the config file in the correct folder. Not sure what's causing the issue.

11530 06-02-2012 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Man (Post 1721788)
Encountering this issue:

Code:

L 06/03/2012 - 05:17:28: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 06/03/2012 - 05:17:28: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Config file missing
L 06/03/2012 - 05:17:28: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "TF2_customchatcolors.smx":
L 06/03/2012 - 05:17:28: [SM]  [0]  Line 51, D:\Libraries\Documents\Dropbox\SourceMod Plugins\Released\custom-chatcolors.sp::LoadConfig()
L 06/03/2012 - 05:17:28: [SM]  [1]  Line 39, D:\Libraries\Documents\Dropbox\SourceMod Plugins\Released\custom-chatcolors.sp::OnPluginStart()

I have the config file in the correct folder. Not sure what's causing the issue.

Currently the script still uses the config file "simple-chatcolors.cfg" whereas it's meant to say "custom-chatcolors.cfg" to reflect the new name change. (If you want to fix it yourself, just change that line in the script (currently line 49) and you'll be good.)

Fearts 06-02-2012 21:57

Rename custom-chatcolors.cfg to simple-chatcolors.cfg. For some reason that is the path in the source code.

Mr. Man 06-02-2012 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11530 (Post 1721794)
Currently the script still uses the config file "simple-chatcolors.cfg" whereas it's meant to say "custom-chatcolors.cfg" to reflect the new name change. (If you want to fix it yourself, just change that line in the script (currently line 49) and you'll be good.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearts (Post 1721800)
Rename custom-chatcolors.cfg to simple-chatcolors.cfg. For some reason that is the path in the source code.

Thanks guys, did the trick for me! I thought I was going insane for a sec.

Fearts 06-02-2012 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by minimoney1 (Post 1721715)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReFlexPoison (Post 1721725)
I understand the update, but my point is, is valve debating on adding the feature in any other game? I've heard they don't "like" the CS:S community.

Oh yea btw they already added chat colors to CS:S:

http://i.imgur.com/tzQWm.png

Fearts 06-02-2012 23:08

It would be cool if you added a option to set a color depending what team the player was on.

"team1" "#FFFFFF"
"team2" "#FFFFFF"
"team3" "#FFFFFF"

11530 06-02-2012 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearts (Post 1721800)

You clearly didn't read my message right above yours. First, you just superfluously re-confirm that the two file names are different. Secondly, despite your confusion, I already explain why this bug occurred. Thirdly (and this applies to Mr. Man as well) I would not recommend renaming your config one to the erroneous file name since, as soon as Dr. McKay rolls out the next update, you'll have to change the file name again.

Maybe it's just me, but I like to fix things the first time, Fearts, rather than fix them twice.

Fearts 06-02-2012 23:33

Relax bud. I didn't see your post. Your big words confuse me.

Dr. McKay 06-03-2012 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearts (Post 1721824)
It would be cool if you added a option to set a color depending what team the player was on.

"team1" "#FFFFFF"
"team2" "#FFFFFF"
"team3" "#FFFFFF"

I thought about it, but it got overly complex. :(
Quote:

Originally Posted by 11530 (Post 1721825)
You clearly didn't read my message right above yours. First, you just superfluously re-confirm that the two file names are different. Secondly, despite your confusion, I already explain why this bug occurred. Thirdly (and this applies to Mr. Man as well) I would not recommend renaming your config one to the erroneous file name since, as soon as Dr. McKay rolls out the next update, you'll have to change the file name again.

Maybe it's just me, but I like to fix things the first time, Fearts, rather than fix them twice.

I'm about to break your stuff. :twisted:

Mr. Man 06-03-2012 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11530 (Post 1721825)

I think I can handle the pressure that comes with renaming files :)

Dr. McKay 06-03-2012 00:33

Alright, v1.0.2 is live and fixes the mis-named config file problem. Sorry about that. :/

If CS:S does in fact support custom chat colors now, this should work fine on CS:S as well. Let me know.

If you're using Updater, sm_updater_check should be sufficient to get you the new version. Make sure you re-rename your config file.

Fearts 06-03-2012 00:46

It does work on CS:S that is your plugin I am using in that picture. =)

DarthNinja 06-03-2012 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReFlexPoison (Post 1721725)

It was added because Certain People asked Certain People to add it (several times).
It's in a shared engine file, so any game that shares the file will also get chat colors.

NameUser 06-08-2012 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthNinja (Post 1722380)
It was added because Certain People asked Certain People to add it (several times).
It's in a shared engine file, so any game that shares the file will also get chat colors.

Doctor Mckay asked Drunken F00l?

DarthNinja 06-08-2012 04:37

No.
I was referring to myself and at least two others.

Nolongerinthegame 06-08-2012 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by NameUser (Post 1724672)
Doctor Mckay asked Drunken F00l?

Wasent he the guy who got VAC banned by Valve, then got hired by them?

Or someone else...

Dr. McKay 06-08-2012 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelioneil (Post 1724910)
Wasent he the guy who got VAC banned by Valve, then got hired by them?

Or someone else...

Yup, that's him.

BlueCuda 06-09-2012 21:42

Re: [TF2/CS:S] Custom Chat Colors

Very nice. I like all the colors.

Thanks for the hard work,
BlueCuda

DimentioXR74 06-14-2012 01:18

I've been getting it to work but I get different colors then they should be, i.e. Cyan is really dark blue and some don't even show up. I have morecolors.inc on, and this. (and yes i have Simple Chat Processor on the server as well) Is a certain Sourcemod version required? Also, I'm running linux and i see no errors in the logs.

Nolongerinthegame 06-14-2012 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. McKay (Post 1724961)
Yup, that's him.

Gives hope to lots of people ;)

Maybe not, thats a bizarre story

Dr. McKay 06-14-2012 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by DimentioXR74 (Post 1728435)
I've been getting it to work but I get different colors then they should be, i.e. Cyan is really dark blue and some don't even show up. I have morecolors.inc on, and this. (and yes i have Simple Chat Processor on the server as well) Is a certain Sourcemod version required? Also, I'm running linux and i see no errors in the logs.

This doesn't use morecolors.inc. You have to specify a color in #RRGGBB format.

Dr. McKay 06-14-2012 17:17

Plugin updated to v1.1.0. Changelog:
  • Added OnTagApplied forward
  • Added CCC_GetNameColor, CCC_GetChatColor, CCC_GetTagColor, and CCC_GetTag natives

Dr. McKay 06-15-2012 01:34

Plugin updated to v1.2.0. Now the natives actually work. :)

DarthNinja 06-15-2012 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelioneil (Post 1728514)
Maybe not, thats a bizarre story

Not if you know the correct story.

Mitchell 06-17-2012 12:03

DOes anybody else have a problem with the team chat? like T's can see my CT's chat.

Dr. McKay 06-17-2012 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 1730529)
DOes anybody else have a problem with the team chat? like T's can see my CT's chat.

That's strange, I've never had a problem like that.

Mitchell 06-17-2012 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. McKay (Post 1730548)
That's strange, I've never had a problem like that.

I'll get you a picture.

http://mikes-revenge.net/sandboxx/8F...20EA39B5AB.jpg
I'm on CT, maybe be something wrong with my chat processor version, i should check out that first.
Also i changed the translations on chat processor, but i doubt that would have any cause on it.

TnTSCS 06-17-2012 13:08

You're running a plugin that allows "admin see all"... like advanced commands does

Mitchell 06-17-2012 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnTSCS (Post 1730592)
You're running a plugin that allows "admin see all"... like advanced commands does

Unless the admin see all command is default to let clients see admin chat, then no. that's not the case here.
EDIT: i found out that it is not this plugin, i unloaded it and switched my team, and could still see chat.
EDIT2: It is Advanced commands, it seems like their admin see all chat is broken or something, i havent had time to even touch the config.

Dr. McKay 06-17-2012 14:09

Yeah, there's no reason this plugin would do something like that. The list of clients that the message is broadcast to is not modified at all, only the name and text colors are.

Lukas320 06-17-2012 18:03

I got a request for this plugin an option you could turn on.
What i would like on this plugin is that you could do something like this :

sm_cccprefix "#"

So you can still talk as normal , and you could talk with your colours using # before your sentence.

So :

say # hello test (should display your coloured name etc)

say hello test (should display normal css talk)

Sorry for my bad english

Would be very very usefull for me and probably more people and admins.

second suggestion :

Something so you could use 2 colours within the tag itself to make it even more customizable.

Because the plugin i used in eventscripts worked like this : 'Owner': '#green[#greyOW#defaultN#greyER#green]#green %s:#grey %s',

so your chat output could be fully customizable , but it has bugs with mixin colours etc and you couldn't use HEX colours like this one :D