AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Source Servers (SRCDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   [CSGO] Auto Server Update how? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=197696)

SuperLOL 10-06-2012 08:56

[CSGO] Auto Server Update how?

HI :)

A long time ago i did a CSS server where you do not have to log to install a server or to manually update it.
Now i did a CSGO server and added also the command "-autoupdate" at the end of the CSGO server start command line, but my server doesn't get auto update if a new update is available did i do something wrong or is that another CSGO bug?

YamiKaitou 10-06-2012 08:58

Re: [CSGO] Auto Server Update how?

Autoupdate only runs when the server first starts. You will have to restart your server for autoupdate to happen (assuming CS:GO has that functionality)

SuperLOL 10-06-2012 11:12

So valve changed from auto update to manual update that sucks.

YamiKaitou 10-06-2012 12:14

That is how autoupdate has always functioned. It updates the server upon server boot.

doc__tunes 10-06-2012 12:19

Yes superlol, it's a shame there's not more information about this. I had to dig and dig.

It can be done using "nemrun"

I had it to where it was updating automatically, through a few patches. Now when there's a patch it will restart, update the server automatically, but it just keeps logging into steam and verifying the app over and over.. until I hit ctrl+c and relaunch.

Perhaps later when I get it working fully again I will put up a guide.

SuperLOL 10-06-2012 20:06

Yes if you get it working don't forget the guide. :-)
@YamiKaitou
It was not always like this, back in the days where CSS was relesed i didn't had to login to install a CSS server and the command "-autoupdate" meant that if an update was out the server would automatically be stoped and the server would then download and install the update and then start the server new.

YamiKaitou 10-06-2012 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperLOL (Post 1813944)
@YamiKaitou
It was not always like this, back in the days where CSS was relesed i didn't had to login to install a CSS server and the command "-autoupdate" meant that if an update was out the server would automatically be stoped and the server would then download and install the update and then start the server new.

So you are saying that VALVe decided to change the way autoupdate functioned for 1 game? This has been the way autoupdate has always functioned, even in GoldSrc. There is an SM plugin that hooks the Master Restart Request and triggers a server reboot (assuming you have an auto restart) so the update could be applied, maybe you are thinking of that.

SuperLOL 10-06-2012 22:41

Yes VALVE has changed ithis. A long time ago i installed a CSS server without logging into a steam account and the "-autoupdate" command has updated the server automatically without any plugins installed.

YamiKaitou 10-06-2012 22:48

First, you have never been required to log into a Steam account to update/launch a server (with the exception of some beta builds, ie CS:GO)

Second, I find that hard to believe. VALVe has been running autoupdate this way since the beginning (including GoldSrc). I find it highly unlikely that they would have changed it for CSS only and then changed it back. If someone believes otherwise, care to show some proof?

gH0sTy 10-07-2012 05:52

A linux server with -autoupdate as a command line parameter will automatically shutdown and restart to get the update on mapchange.

CS:GO and Nuclear Dawn uses SteamCMD to install/update a server and SteamCMD still requires a login.

CS:GO also supports auto updates if you add the following to your command line parameters
Code:

-autoupdate -steam_dir /folder/containing/steam.sh -steamcmd_script your_update_script.txt
Content of your_update_script.txt in the same folder as steam.sh
Code:

login yourlogin yourpassword
force_install_dir /csgo/server/installation/path
app_update 740
exit