AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Coding MM:S Plugins & SM Extensions (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Signature Request Thread (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=78309)

your-name-here 10-01-2008 14:12

Signature Request Thread

I've become quite adept at sigscanning. If anyone needs a signature for CS:S, you can request it here :P, and I will try to find it for you. I can also do TF2 but I will need to get the updated .dll and .so file.

Fire away :)

raydan 10-01-2008 22:42

Re: Signature Request Thread

can you sacn css zombie mod 2.0 signature?

your-name-here 10-01-2008 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by raydan (Post 693863)
can you sacn css zombie mod 2.0 signature?

Hmm, good question. I probably could, but what do you need to do? Turn someone into a zombie?

raydan 10-01-2008 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by your-name-here (Post 693868)
Hmm, good question. I probably could, but what do you need to do? Turn someone into a zombie?

1. trun someone to zombie
2. check player is zombie or not.
3. change player move speed

your-name-here 10-02-2008 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by raydan (Post 693871)
1. trun someone to zombie
2. check player is zombie or not.
3. change player move speed

I think you misunderstood my intentions. I can find signatures for quite a few functions in the server.dll and server_i486.dll files of CSS and (probably TF2).

I will try to get you signatures for zombiemod, but something tells me that the signatures aren't going to work.

Tryclyde 10-03-2008 00:25

Well I'm slowly writing things for tf2, learning as I go, I'd like to know how to get the player_death and teleport functions as a start. I'm sure I can do this too, if you have the time maybe you could explain how to write a sigscan function after you have the address, mask, etc., that's what I'm confused about.

your-name-here 10-03-2008 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tryclyde (Post 694295)
Well I'm slowly writing things for tf2, learning as I go, I'd like to know how to get the player_death and teleport functions as a start.

player_death is an event which can be captured using IGameEventManager.

Teleport is actually a virtual function which you can use the vtable for but the offsets are liable to change very quickly. So yes, I will grab you a signature for that :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tryclyde (Post 694295)
I'm sure I can do this too, if you have the time maybe you could explain how to write a sigscan function after you have the address, mask, etc., that's what I'm confused about.

I'm writing up a nice long tutorial with pictures that explains this, albeit I've had a crazy week so I haven't gotten too much done on it.

If you are using C++, you do not need a mask. Use BAILOPAN's signature scanner from CSS: DM (search for it :D).

Tryclyde 10-03-2008 21:36

Please let me know as soon as you finish, in the mean time I'll play around with BAILOPAN's sigscanner and find out how to use the event manager.

robot 10-04-2008 11:03

Well, since you are offering...

I need a new sig for CCSPlayer::SwitchTeam

Any chance you could help?

TIA

robot

your-name-here 10-04-2008 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tryclyde (Post 694709)
Please let me know as soon as you finish, in the mean time I'll play around with BAILOPAN's sigscanner and find out how to use the event manager.

Sure no problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robot
Well, since you are offering...

I need a new sig for CCSPlayer::SwitchTeam

Any chance you could help?

TIA

robot

EDIT: Here you are:

The Signature:
Code:

\x2A\x2A\x2A\x56\x57\x8B\x7C\x24\x1C\x57\x8B\xF1\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x85\xC0\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A
Length: 33
Calling Convention: __thiscall
Prototype:
Code:

CCSPlayer::SwitchTeam(int iTeamIndex)

robot 10-04-2008 23:21

Thanks for the fast response there! Unfortunately, for whatever reason - that sig is not working for me.

The plugin certainly finds it, but after loading, the server dies and goes into loop (although I probably need to debug a bit more to confirm exactly what is happening). I will try to debug it further on my end - but was wondering if you have confirmed that this is indeed the correct function and it is callable...?

Basically to explain a bit more, the last Valve update killed my plugin. The sig I was using was:

Code:

\x83\xEC\x10\x56\x57\x8B\x7C\x24\x1C\x57\x8B\xF1\xE8\xDF\x4D\xF9
However now I cannot find the correct one. I should also mention my code is quite old (http://zombiehorde.svn.sourceforge.n...nk/zhplug-1.1/) and may have other issues - although it did was working up until last update :/

robot

your-name-here 10-05-2008 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by robot (Post 695221)
Thanks for the fast response there! Unfortunately, for whatever reason - that sig is not working for me.

The plugin certainly finds it, but after loading, the server dies and goes into loop (although I probably need to debug a bit more to confirm exactly what is happening). I will try to debug it further on my end - but was wondering if you have confirmed that this is indeed the correct function and it is callable...?

Basically to explain a bit more, the last Valve update killed my plugin. The sig I was using was:

Code:

\x83\xEC\x10\x56\x57\x8B\x7C\x24\x1C\x57\x8B\xF1\xE8\xDF\x4D\xF9
However now I cannot find the correct one. I should also mention my code is quite old (http://zombiehorde.svn.sourceforge.n...nk/zhplug-1.1/) and may have other issues - although it did was working up until last update :/

robot

EDIT: This is a windows signature, not a Linux one :)

Yes. I test every single signature I create. That signature worked for me when I used it (which was right before submitting my post), so I'm sure it's the way you are using the signature. Remember that this signature is a __thiscall, which means you need to pass in a this-pointer as the first parameter in the function. Then, inside the function, you need to do the following with the __asm keyword if you are using windows (if you are using c++):

Code:

__asm {
                push ecx;
                mov ecx, thisptr;
                push iTeamIndex;
                call thesignaturefunction;
                pop ecx;
        };

To use signatures, I use something LDuke taught me, which he was shown by Cybermind.

Essentially, take a look at the declaration of the function. In this case, it has one parameter, int iTeamIndex. It's also a __thiscall which means that you need a pointer to an instance of CCSPlayer. If you take a look at the class heirarchy, CCSPlayer is also an instance of CBaseEntity. So from an edict_t* you do ->GetUnknown()->GetBaseEntity(); Use that as your this-pointer.

Now, create a typedef for the function, inside your code. The syntax works like this:

Code:

typedef <return-type> (<callingconvention> *<SomeName>) (<param1 type>, <param2 type>, ..etc..)
With the above, if your calling convention is anything other than a __fastcall, you do not need to put a calling convention there :).

So with CCSPlayer::SwitchTeam:
Code:

typedef void (*SwitchTeam)(CBaseEntity*, int);
Next, what I do in my code is I have a class which manages my signatures. Inside it, I create an instance of the typedef in my class's private member variables section:

Code:

private:
SwitchTeam m_SwitchTeam;

Finally, I have a global instance of the signature scanner (I use BAILOPAN's). I have a function called Initialize() in my manager class, which I call when metamod loads. I then do the following for each "function type members" that I showed you above:

Code:

m_SwitchTeam = (SwitchTeam)g_SigMngr.ResolveSig(laddr, Signature, Signature_Length);
Finally, you need to call your newfound function! In my manager class, I have callable functions for each signature. In this case, since we have a __thiscall, you need to move the this pointer into the ecx register, and push all the parameters into the stack left to right. This is why I put the thispointer (the CBaseEntity* instance) first :D. So the code:

Code:

void S_SwitchTeam(CBaseEntity* thisptr, int iTeamIndex)
{
      if(!m_SwitchTeam)
      {
            g_pGlobals->m_engine->Con_NPrintf(0, "m_SwitchTeam failed!");
            return;
      }

void* func = (void*)m_SwitchTeam;

#ifdef _WIN32
            __asm {
                push ecx;
                mov ecx, thisptr;
                push iTeamIndex;
                call func;
                pop ecx;
            };
      #else
            (m_SwitchTeam)(thisptr, iTeamIndex);
      #endif
}

And that's it! You can apply the same principles for pretty much any other thiscall (I haven't run into any exceptions. Also, on a side note, I am signature scanning for classes in CS:S. I have written up a page on CCSPlayer if you want to take a look:

http://wiki.alliedmods.net/CCSPlayer

I hope this helped! :D

L. Duke 10-08-2008 13:15

CTFPlayer::TeamFortress_SetSpeed(void)

:)

see you in #sigs on IRC

your-name-here 10-08-2008 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by L. Duke (Post 696951)
CTFPlayer::TeamFortress_SetSpeed(void)

:)

see you in #sigs on IRC

Lol, I had a really hard time with this one. I haven't tested this because I can't run TF2 on this box, so =/, but you can :D

Prototype:
Code:

void CTFPlayer::TeamFortress_SetSpeed(void)
Calling Convention: __fastcall
Signature:
Code:

\x51\x56\x8B\xF1\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\xC1\xE8\x03\xA8\x01\x57\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x74\x3E\x8B\x16\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A
Length: 32

The above is untested so don't blame me if something goes wrong :D. I need LDuke to report back.

raydan 10-16-2008 06:08

i found this, then use detours. but how to set the speed next?
Code:

\x51\x56\x8B\xF1\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x85\xC9\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\xC1\xE8\x03\xA8\x01\x57\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x74\x40\x8B\x16\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A

AnAkIn 01-21-2009 10:57

Could anyone find me the sig for this:

CBaseEntityList * g_pEntityList

(TF2)

CrimsonGT 01-21-2009 12:09

The entitylist is an offset, not a pointer, and you can find it in sdktools extention or lduke's extention.

CrimsonGT 02-03-2009 02:00

I know youve been busy lately, but heres one if you get time :)

CTFPlayer::CanAttack(void)

your-name-here 02-07-2009 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by raydan (Post 700644)
i found this, then use detours. but how to set the speed next?
Code:

\x51\x56\x8B\xF1\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x85\xC9\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\xC1\xE8\x03\xA8\x01\x57\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x74\x40\x8B\x16\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A

EDIT: Disregard that function :S Dunno what I was thinking there lol.
What did you want to do?

Secondly, I don't think you can search for signatures in other binaries outside of server.dll / server_i486.so because you need to have a pointer that's stored internally in those (to get the membase of the DLL). Try using a CS function for what you want.

Ninja Edit: I'm searching for your signature Crimson :D

EDIT2: I think I found it, but you'll need to test it (I wasn't able to, so no guarantees lol):
Code:

\xA1\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\xD9\x2A\x2A\x56\x8B\xF1\xD8\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x8B\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\xDF\xE0\xF6\xC4\x05
EDIT3: The above is TESTED and working as of 2/7/09! The above is CTFPlayer::CanAttack(void).

CrimsonGT 02-08-2009 21:19

Just to throw it out there, even though I cant get it to work (it just doesnt seem to be called) heres the sig for CBaseCombatWeapon::UsesPrimaryAmmo()

Code:

\x83\xB9\x54\x12\x00\x00\x00\x0F\x9D\xC0\xC3
your-name-here: I was actually able to find a few with the method you showed me last night :) However, theres one that I cant find a string in anywhere. If you get a chance to take a look, its CBaseEntity::CreatePredictedEntityByName(char const*, char const *, int, bool). I did see that CreateEntityByName was called inside of it, and has a string in it, but was not able to find it based off that.

Chrisber 02-12-2009 19:42

Hi.
I'm searching the sig and the mask for CBasePlayer::FireBullets currently.

Thanks,
- Chris

your-name-here 02-12-2009 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisber (Post 760673)
Hi.
I'm searching the sig and the mask for CBasePlayer::FireBullets currently.

Thanks,
- Chris

What game?

@CrimsonGT: I couldn't find that sig lol, it's one of those ones that are "unsiggable" unless you tried patchdiff'ing between hl2dm and tf2 :/

Chrisber 02-13-2009 07:27

Hi.
For Counterstrike: Source.

Thanks,
- Chris

Keeper 02-13-2009 09:20

Can't you just hook that function?

Virtual offset 101...

http://wiki.alliedmods.net/CBasePlayer_Offset_List_(Counter-Strike:_Source)

Chrisber 02-13-2009 09:39

How I should do this? I can't lay a hook about all player instances, that not possible. For that, I need the sig and mask, do I!?

~ Chris

Keeper 02-13-2009 09:58

You can hook when a player connects, then unhook when they leave. I do this for FireBullets, TraceAttack...

Works fine.

Chrisber 02-13-2009 10:34

Nice!
Very cool idea, and yep, it works.
Thank you so much :)

Thanks,
- Chris

CrimsonGT 02-13-2009 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by your-name-here (Post 760729)
What game?

@CrimsonGT: I couldn't find that sig lol, it's one of those ones that are "unsiggable" unless you tried patchdiff'ing between hl2dm and tf2 :/

haha damnit, ah well. I was hoping :P

L. Duke 02-13-2009 13:18

Anyone have any ideas on how I could go about finding CTFGameStats::IncrementStat(CTFPlayer *, TFStatType_t, int) ???

your-name-here 02-13-2009 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by L. Duke (Post 760988)
Anyone have any ideas on how I could go about finding CTFGameStats::IncrementStat(CTFPlayer *, TFStatType_t, int) ???

I think this is another unsiggable function because each time I get to a function that references it, I get:

Code:

v11 = 684 * (*(int (__stdcall **)(_DWORD))(*(_DWORD *)dword_1047E1B8 + 72))(*(_DWORD *)(v3 + 24));
  ++*(_DWORD *)(v11 + v4 + 156);
  ++*(_DWORD *)(v11 + v4 + 248);
  ++*(_DWORD *)(v11 + v4 + 340);
  return v11 + v4 + 148;

It doesn't look like it's being directly called :S

What you can probably do is use this:
Code:

\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x83\xB8\x18\x03\x00\x00\x04\x53\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x56\x57\x8B\xF1\xBF\x01\x00\x00\x00\x75\x39
Which is the (untested) signature for CTFGameStats_Event_PlayerFiredWeapon which calls CTFGameStats::IncrementStats. From there....

Code:

void* pfnIncStats = NULL;
void* pfnFireWeaponFunc = gSigMngr.findsignature(laddr, the_sig_above, length_of_above_sig);

typedef void (*IncrementStatsFunc)( void* /* this */, int /* TFStat Type */, int /* Some random integer :S */);
IncrementStatsFunc pStatsFunc;

//Not sure if this is right. Very low level and only for windows :/
memcpy( pfnIncStats, ((char *)pfnFireWeaponFunc + 0x65), sizeof(char *) );

//Call the function :D
//....

This should rip the pointer to CTFGameStats__IncStats directly from eax (assuming I did the hex right :P)

Let me know if it works for you.

Sollie 02-13-2009 18:57

This really nice what you doing for everyone, very helpful :)

Can you maybe find CBasePlayer:: DisableButtons(int) if you have time? It not emergency, and not bad if not.

your-name-here 02-14-2009 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sollie (Post 761151)
This really nice what you doing for everyone, very helpful :)

Heh thanks. Unlike others, I find searching for sigs to be a nice challenge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solloe (Post 761151)
Can you maybe find CBasePlayer:: DisableButtons(int) if you have time? It not emergency, and not bad if not.

What game is it for?

Sollie 02-14-2009 12:06

It is for TF2

your-name-here 02-14-2009 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sollie (Post 761492)
It is for TF2

EDIT: Unfortunately, your function is not directly called by anything in the windows binary :S
It's fallen under the unsiggable category, unless you want to hardcode some offsets and rip the address out (which I'm waiting for LDuke to get back to me about).

CrimsonGT 02-19-2009 03:56

Me and bl4nk both gave a try at finding the proper sig for CTFPlayer::OnTakeDamage_Alive and neither one worked. Been at it for 2 days, so if you have time to give it a shot it would be appreciated <3

CrimsonGT 02-26-2009 02:41

Scratch this, I think im good now. The end of the sig hunt will be a marvelous day indeed!

raydan 04-02-2009 04:52

can find "GetNumHumanPlayers" in L4d engine.dll?

i try many times, but fail...

AltPluzF4 04-09-2009 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by raydan (Post 795301)
can find "GetNumHumanPlayers" in L4d engine.dll?

i try many times, but fail...

Code:

\x53\x56\x57\x8B\xF9\x33\xDB\x33\xF6\x39\x9F\x1C\x01\x00\x00\x7E\x29\x8B\x87
It works now, but will probably break on the next update... if it does, let me know and I'll make a new one wildcarding the changed bytes.

AnAkIn 05-20-2009 13:48

Could anyone find a sig to disable first blood in TF2 Arena mode?

pheadxdll 05-21-2009 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnAkIn (Post 831155)
Could anyone find a sig to disable first blood in TF2 Arena mode?

there's gotta be a cvar for that.