AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Beta Testers, Sponsor Needed (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=23530)

BAILOPAN 01-22-2006 16:56

Beta Testers, Sponsor Needed

We're going to do something a bit different with the next AMX Mod X release. That is, we're going to re-open the "Beta Testing" team on a temporary basis to make releases as good as possible. No more mistakes like 1.55!

With that said, if you would like to help beta test private releases or offer input into the next release, please PM me with the following information:
  • How many servers you can test on, and how much traffic they get
  • What OS your servers are on
  • What mod your server is and what plugins it runs
In general, we'll be looking for a nice diversity of testers -- that is, we don't want 10 testers who all run CS 1.6 on Linux. So if you run a server for a 3rd party mod like Natural Selection or something, you'll have a higher chance at getting selected. The same thing goes for AMD64 servers over Linux/Windows, and using big hefty plugins (like WC3) over a base setup. While all are important, we need to cover all grounds.

You should have (provable) experience installing and configuring AMX Mod X servers and plugins. There is no time requirement for participating, however we'll expect that if we put new test binaries out that you'll make an attempt to test them with your setup.

Lastly, for the first time in AMX Mod X's history, we're opening up a small door for sponsorship chances. AMX Mod X will be opening an official AMX Mod X 18-24 player server after 1.65 is released, and we will need a sponsor. Preferably we're looking for a stable GSP who can sacrifice an HLDS installation. In trade we can put a link on the side panel of the site and co-brand the server. To contact me about this or to work out a deal, please contact me at: [email protected] (subject: "AMX Mod X Server Sponsor"). The only restriction is that if the server is Linux, we require SSH access to the HLDS installation.

Thanks!

Freecode 01-22-2006 18:42

co-sign

{NM}Jason 01-23-2006 04:17

Please Sir, may i test, <---- brad this was a sad failed stab at being funny ,,, it dident word... it was like Please sir can i have another type thing .....

Since i cants Post I can edit.

Brad 01-23-2006 08:50

You Sir, fail.

As evidence:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
With that said, if you would like to help beta test private releases or offer input into the next release, please PM me with the following information

Edit: I know you were being funny, I was just giving you grief.

Zeras 01-23-2006 12:23

I'm here to help.

Skullzor 01-23-2006 13:11

I have 2 questions:

What is OS? :oops:
and what do you mean with the plugins? AMXX or what?

Sku :!: :!: zor

MaximusBrood 01-23-2006 14:17

Operating System :wink:

Zeras 01-23-2006 15:27

lol, dude I'm not a nerd or a geek and I know what an O/S is.

lol :lol:

it's ok to be :oops:

[SMC]Neiko 01-23-2006 19:30

Sent my PM yesterday =p

MaximusBrood 01-24-2006 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeras
lol, dude I'm not a nerd or a geek and I know what an O/S is.

lol :lol:

it's ok to be :oops:

Ehm, its not about you :?

---

ON-TOPIC :)