AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   TF2 Custom Tab Workaround (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=68342)

The-Killer 03-14-2008 16:25

TF2 Custom Tab Workaround

1 Attachment(s)
This plugin is now obsolete due to valve removing the custom tab....

Quote:

Changelog:
0.1 - Initial Release
0.2 - added heartbeat after list switch
0.3 - Fix for crash on mapchange
This is a very simple plugin to help 24+ slot TF2 Servers fill by listing them on the Internet tab when they have less than 24 players, and then lists them on the Custom tab when over that, complying with valves fun rules...

voogru 03-14-2008 16:45

Re: TF2 Custom Tab Workaround

Oh that is so cute.

I love it.

The thing is I was under the impression that sv_tags is constantly monitored by the engine and will append the tags automatically if it gets changed.

bl4nk 03-14-2008 19:53

I believe voogru is right. At least, that's what happens with my plugin (hence why I have to strip FCVAR_NOTIFY from the convar to prevent massive amounts of spam).

The-Killer 03-14-2008 20:10

yes but if sv_visiblemaxplayers is 24 or less it wont reset, and it took 5 min once after i changed it back to 32 to append it self so thats why in the plugin i do it

MAUGHOLD 03-14-2008 20:18

I have a problem with my server being listed on the steam browser as well.
I have 5 DoD 1.3 servers and about two weeks ago they just stopped showing up as much as they used too.

I refreshed the internet tab around 50 times a few nights ago and they only showed up about 5 to 10% of the time. they are all in the same data center in LA CA and all have under 40 ping, So they are at the top of the list most of the time. I couldn't figure it out until i saw this thread.

Do you guys know if theres a plugin to help HLDS mod admins with this bug or why this hapens and how i might go about fixing it ?

bl4nk 03-14-2008 20:22

There's nothing you can do about that. That's either a problem with your internet pinging the server, or the master list isn't giving you the server IP when you refresh your server list.

[edit]

Also, The-Killer, what we meant is that when the server hits 25 people, sv_tags should auto-fill in, so that part might not be necessary.

MAUGHOLD 03-14-2008 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl4nk (Post 596880)
There's nothing you can do about that. That's either a problem with your internet pinging the server, or the master list isn't giving you the server IP when you refresh your server list.

Yea thats not correct because when i set my maxplayers to anything under 24, They all list every single time. Something has to be wrong here and i will eventually find out how to fix it.

Extreme_One 03-15-2008 05:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl4nk (Post 596880)
.. what we meant is that when the server hits 25 people, sv_tags should auto-fill in, so that part might not be necessary.

QFT

The-Killer 03-16-2008 13:44

sv_tags does and doesn't fill automatically, ive had it take 30 secs to 5 min to realized the player count was above 24 and readd the tag, so thats why i have the plugin do it, if anything i could just add a cvar to allow you to control that.

crazychicken 03-16-2008 18:50

i got this and it drove me nuts, my server wouldnt list until the map was about 10 minutes in