AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CS:S/CS:GO/DoD:S/TF2] Player Respawn (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=108708)

bobbobagan 11-08-2009 11:11

[CS:S/CS:GO/DoD:S/TF2] Player Respawn

3 Attachment(s)
Player Respawn

SUMMARY
I couldn't find a decent respawn plugin with admin menu support, so I decided to write one myself.

Requirements:
- Requires SourceMod v1.1 or greater
- Slay admin flag is required - F (or root - Z)

Cvars:
sm_respawn_version = 1.6 (can not be changed)
sm_auto_respawn - Automatically respawn dead players (Default 0)
sm_auto_respawn_time - Amount of seconds to delay the respawn by (Default 0 seconds)

Cmds:
sm_respawn <name | #userid> (also appears under player commands in the admin menu)

Installation:
- respawn.smx into /addons/sourcemod/plugins
- respawn.phrases.txt into /addons/sourcemod/translations
- plugin.respawn.txt into /addons/sourcemod/gamedata - Only required for DoD:S

Changelog:
1.0:
- Initial release
1.1:
- Admin Menu only shows dead players to respawn
- sm_respawn will only respawn dead players now
- Fixed a few lines of text that weren't translatable
- Added support for TF2
- Added support for DoD:S (Thanks Andersso and his DoD:S respawn timer plugin)
- Added logging support
- Added support for CS:GO
- Renamed plugin.instantrespawn.txt to plugin.respawn.txt (only required for DoD:S)
- Fixed plugin reporting that a client in spectate was respawned when using sm_respawn against that player
- Added automatic respawning
- Fixed automatic respawning
- Fixed not being able to use sm_respawn @all if a player was in spectate
- Fixed respawning when DeadRinger was activated in TF2
- Added sv_tags support

Known issues:
- You can respawn spectators using the menu, as SourceMod thinks they are dead. I am not actually sure how to fix this, if you know how feel free to show me.

To do:
- Nothing! If you know the respawn function for your game, let me know and I will add support for it!

Please provide extra translations if you can!

PLEASE NOTE:
This plugin may generate an error in your SM error logs. I am powerless to stop this, as it is due to the TF2 natives. It may only happen in non-TF2 games. If you do not want the error then comment out the part for TF2 and recompile the plugin, otherwise just live with it. It is not a damaging error and will not effect anything else, the plugin still functions normally.

thetwistedpanda 11-08-2009 12:31

Re: [CS:S] Player Respawn

You may want to add error checking to your plugin. Check to see if they're a valid entity, if they're dead, and if they're on the T/CT team. Otherwise you can end up with spectators playing on the unassigned team; stupid admins can respawn player's mid-round, and a few other nasty bugs.

bobbobagan 11-09-2009 03:44

Updated to v1.1 :) I fixed the things you mentioned Panda ;)

wrox 11-12-2009 05:28

Just what I looked for our jail when nasty people freekill so we can respawn the victims. Thanks! :)

bobbobagan 11-16-2009 00:34

Some how I managed to upload a wrong version of v1.1 that wasn't showing a player had been respawned in chat. I think I have uploaded the correct version now *sigh*

API 12-14-2009 23:28

Approved @ 196 lines.
Good job.

dataviruset 01-01-2010 11:40

Very nice, the old M3Respawn here could also respawn spectators (not that good in my opinion...)

bobbobagan 05-31-2010 06:23

Re: [CS:S/DoD/TF2] Player Respawn

Updated to v1.2 :) See changelog for more.

turk89 07-26-2010 13:44

When I am running this plugin on my Dedicated Server (CS:S) which is only using Metamod + Sourcemod, then I get this error log:
Code:

L 07/26/2010 - 19:43:18: SourceMod error session started
L 07/26/2010 - 19:43:18: Info (map "de_dust2") (file "errors_20100726.log")
L 07/26/2010 - 19:43:18: [SM] Unable to load extension "game.tf2.ext": Cannot Load TF2 Extension on mods other than TF2

What is up?

dataviruset 07-26-2010 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by turk89 (Post 1252174)
When I am running this plugin on my Dedicated Server (CS:S) which is only using Metamod + Sourcemod, then I get this error log:
Code:

L 07/26/2010 - 19:43:18: SourceMod error session started
L 07/26/2010 - 19:43:18: Info (map "de_dust2") (file "errors_20100726.log")
L 07/26/2010 - 19:43:18: [SM] Unable to load extension "game.tf2.ext": Cannot Load TF2 Extension on mods other than TF2

What is up?

I think you downloaded the wrong version of this plugin (TF2), because you're running CS:S.

As mentioned in the first post...
PLEASE NOTE: Even though the plugin compiles on the forum, there is a bug within the tf2.inc file included with SourceMod (partially fixed in the next SM release). Please use the attached .smx for CS:S or DoD:S otherwise you will get an error when loading. You can either compile using "get plugin" or download the attached .smx for TF2.