AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [ANY] Steambot - Announcements & Events (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=281494)

Drixevel 04-13-2016 00:09

[ANY] Steambot - Announcements & Events

Steambot Announcements & Events

Description:
This plugin allows server operators the ability to post announcements and events to their steamgroups in-game via the use of commands using the Steambot created by Arkarr. It comes with antispam features, a native, configuration functionality, multiple commands and more.

ConVars:
  • sm_steambot_announcements_status - 1 - Status of the plugin.\n(1 = on, 0 = off)
  • sm_steambot_announcements_bot_ip - "" - IP address to connect to the bot.
  • sm_steambot_announcements_bot_port - "" - Port to connect to the bot.
  • sm_steambot_announcements_bot_password - "" - Password to connect to the bot.
  • sm_steambot_announcements_steamgroup_id - "" - The ID of the steamgroup to post announcements in.
  • sm_steambot_announcements_bot_reconnect - 10.0 - Time in seconds on bot disconnect to attempt a reconnect.
  • sm_steambot_announcements_antispam - 120.0 - Time in seconds to delay announcements to the steamgroup.

Commands:
Code:

Post an announcement to the steamgroup: (No arguments)
-sm_announce
-sm_ann
-sm_event

Post a manual announcement to the steamgroup: (<title> <body>)
-sm_manualannounce
-sm_manannounce
-sm_manann

Reloads the announcements configurations data: (No arguments)
-sm_reloadannouncements
-sm_reloadannounce
-sm_relann

Installation Guide:
  1. Setup and verify that the Steambot by Arkarr is running successfully.
  2. Install the plugin, translation file and config into the appropriate folders. (You don't have to touch scripting unless you want to edit the plugin)
  3. Load the plugin once either by 'sm plugins load' or by restarting your server then stop the plugin or the server.
  4. Visit the configuration file under the '/cfg/sourcemod/' directory and edit the ConVars accordingly otherwise It will not work. (IP, port, password, steamgroupID)
  5. Restart the server or reload the plugin and change the map.
  6. Verify that the plugin is running in your plugins list and that there's no errors in the error logs or in-game.
  7. Test the commands & profit.

Code Repository | Download | Report Bugs | Donate

Drixevel 04-13-2016 00:17

Re: [ANY] Steambot - Announcements & Events [1.0.1]

Note: I haven't been able to do that much bug testing with it so there might be issues.
Note 2: I did this because I can. lol

braak0327 04-13-2016 03:41

Awesome!!

WickstonAlmighty 04-14-2016 23:09

I hope I don't sound too dumb when I ask this question, but do you need to be running the Steambot when you install and load this plugin? And how will this work, the bot will create an announcement based off of the cfg file in the ZIP file?

Major Erection 04-15-2016 05:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickstonAlmighty (Post 2411131)
I hope I don't sound too dumb when I ask this question, but do you need to be running the Steambot when you install and load this plugin? And how will this work, the bot will create an announcement based off of the cfg file in the ZIP file?

Yes you need to run Arkarr's Steambot for it to work.

Also, edit the announcement phrases in the translation folder.

Major Erection 04-15-2016 05:17

Can we have a better error message?
"Error sending steamgroup announcement, please contact an administrator." doesn't state the cause of the error.

Drixevel 04-15-2016 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickstonAlmighty (Post 2411131)

The configuration file under the 'configs' folder is so you can allow your admins or server moderators to choose which announcements they can send to the Steamgroup. This allows you to setup predesignated messages that your admins or server operators have to use so they can't cause problems or anything.

Yes, you do need the Arkarr Steambot running.

Drixevel 04-15-2016 11:54

1.0.1 Update Pushed:
  • Fixed a translation error. (Thanks Major ********)
  • Minor bug fixes.

Major Erection 04-17-2016 03:53

When I use sm_announce, it tells me that it was successful. However, the group did not an announcement and checking my bot, it was spamming this(even after restarting it):

http://i.imgur.com/BwPNO4G.png

I did not modify the translation files.

KoltaiArmy 01-16-2019 08:27

Re: [ANY] Steambot - Announcements & Events

Tested ~ I think this plugin is not working anymore.