AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D / L4D2] Lockdown System | 1.7 [Final] : Jan. 30, 2019 | (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=281305)

cravenge 04-08-2016 08:47

[L4D / L4D2] Lockdown System | 1.7 [Final] : Jan. 30, 2019 |

6 Attachment(s)
Description:

This plugin aims to shut the ending saferoom doors tight in an attempt to create a mini holdout scenario.

When someone tries to open them, it will stay closed until a certain amount of time has passed. All the survivors need to do is to survive the incoming waves of mob that got attracted to the sound.

ConVars:
  • lockdown_system-l4d(2)_version (Default: 1.7)
    |Version of the plugin.|
  • lockdown_system-l4d(2)_announce [0 / 1] (Default: 1)
    |Enable/disable announcements made by the plugin?|
  • lockdown_system-l4d(2)_anti-farm_duration (Default: 150.0)
    |How long does the Anti-Farm system prevail?|
  • lockdown_system-l4d(2)_duration (Default: 30.0)
    |How long does the Lockdown system prevail?|
  • lockdown_system-l4d(2)_mobs [1 - 5] (Default: 2)
    |Amount of infected mobs to call upon the system's initialization.|
  • lockdown_system-l4d(2)_menu [0 / 1] (Default: 0)
    |Should we let players decide on which system should be applied when opening saferoom doors?|
  • lockdown_system-l4d(2)_tank_demolition [0 / 1] (Default: 1)
    |Allow/disallow the plugin to create a somewhat Sacrifice finale scenario where 3 tanks will be spawned?|
  • lockdown_system-l4d(2)_type [0 - 3] (Default: 0)
    |Type of Lockdown System: 0 = Random, 1 = Improved, 2 & 3 = Default|

Commands:
None. :3

Bugs:
None. :3

Installation:
  • Place the .smx file in SourceMod's plugin folder.

(If reconfiguring, get the .sp file and place it in SourceMod's scripting folder. For the .inc file, place it in the include folder found inside.)

Notes:
  1. Plugin will no longer work on maps that are bugged or have the church guy entity.
  2. I have made 2 L4D2 versions: one that depends on Left 4 Downtown 2 extension (A) and the other that does not (B).

Keep in mind that I will ignore bug reports that comes with the L4DT2 independent one unless it is about the systems malfunctioning.
  3. If you want a fix for the fourth map in Death Toll, just put this in a Stripper config file named after the map name.

l4d_(vs_)smalltown04_mainstreet.cfg | c10m4_mainstreet.cfg

FAQ:
  1. The plugin does not work!
    - Kindly explain as to how the plugin failed to operate. I cannot help you if you do not provide any specific details.

Changelog:

01-26-2019
X First release.

01-30-2019
+ Prevented plugin from bugging out whenever the round restarts.
X Final release.

Sev 04-09-2016 11:40

Re: [L4D/L4D2] Anti-Runner System UPDATED

I've always felt we should punish the individual over punishing the entire team for rushing.

Good work on the plugin, but I'll throw some suggestions out there.

1. Blinding the solo rusher
2. Vomitting the solo rusher
3. Temporary give him limping health until he returns to the team, then restore his original HP after damages he might take
4. Teleport the solo rusher back

Course, all that would be dependent on setting a certain range at which to inflict these punishments.

MasterMind420 04-09-2016 13:56

I've actually thought of coding an anti-rush plugin that basically only allows the survivors to get a certain distance from each other, configurable. If they do go beyond that limit send a message to the offender then set a timer, detecting the furthest player ahead and not behind. If they get back within distance cancel the timer. The timer would be designed to trigger something on the offending player, until other survivors catch up within the distance limit. Also add cvar options for other things like optional freeze, bile, blind, mob spawn, etc...making it highly configurable to the tastes of the people using it. If someone else gets to it before me great...lol...i've never really liked how the existing anti-rush plugins always lock the saferoom as a solution. It should be more dynamic to the offending players and not the whole team...possibly even set it up so after so many offenses by the player they either get killed, kicked, or banned...In my opinion this method would be highly effective...

maximus200 04-09-2016 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterMind420 (Post 2409409)
I've actually thought of coding an anti-rush plugin that basically only allows the survivors to get a certain distance from each other, configurable. If they do go beyond that limit send a message to the offender then set a timer, detecting the furthest player ahead and not behind. If they get back within distance cancel the timer. The timer would be designed to trigger something on the offending player, until other survivors catch up within the distance limit. Also add cvar options for other things like optional freeze, bile, blind, mob spawn, etc...making it highly configurable to the tastes of the people using it. If someone else gets to it before me great...lol...i've never really liked how the existing anti-rush plugins always lock the saferoom as a solution. It should be more dynamic to the offending players and not the whole team...possibly even set it up so after so many offenses by the player they either get killed, kicked, or banned...In my opinion this method would be highly effective...

Agree with all you said here this would be the ideal rusher fix if it could be made so the team in general sticks together. My only concern would be a scenario where the team is over halfway through the map gets attacked and is been crushed and nearly all the players are incapped. One player with some health remaining makes the decision it's better option to try run and make it to the saferoom than to try save the team and most probably go down too and fail the mission.So he runs off only to find so far ahead the anti rush plugin punishing him and forcing him back to his dying buddies and himself finally overwhelmed by the onslaught.
So any potential plugin would need to know situations like this where somehow its ok to rush and the antirush would not trigger at all. Idk how complicated that would be or if its even possible at all?
Anything like this that worked well i imagine would be most welcome by not only myself but a lot of people who get frustrated with rushers.

I too am no fan of end saferoom door locks or spawn mobs etc because by then regardless of rushers being punished it's all too late the damage to the rest of the team has already been done.
Also giving end saferoom door keys randomly to one player concerns me if the player recieving the key is a troll and refuses to open the door. Not good.

Ideally rushers would be stopped the moment they start rushing. Once they realize they can't just run off and are forced to stick with the main team then we might just have ourselves the almost perfect anti rush plugin.

Other things to mention: Dont punish with vomit in the face. Some players use that thing that stops vomit affecting their view, so this would be no deterrant at all.
Forcing them back to the main team would be my preference but as i already mentioned i'm concerned about how that might be bad for the whole team in certain situations.

Anyway some good ideas Mastermind420 i like them.:up:
I just wish someone could make this.

MasterMind420 04-09-2016 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximus200 (Post 2409550)
Agree with all you said here this would be the ideal rusher fix if it could be made so the team in general sticks together. My only concern would be a scenario where the team is over halfway through the map gets attacked and is been crushed and nearly all the players are incapped. One player with some health remaining makes the decision it's better option to try run and make it to the saferoom than to try save the team and most probably go down too and fail the mission.So he runs off only to find so far ahead the anti rush plugin punishing him and forcing him back to his dying buddies and himself finally overwhelmed by the onslaught.
So any potential plugin would need to know situations like this where somehow its ok to rush and the antirush would not trigger at all. Idk how complicated that would be or if its even possible at all?
Anything like this that worked well i imagine would be most welcome by not only myself but a lot of people who get frustrated with rushers.

I too am no fan of end saferoom door locks or spawn mobs etc because by then regardless of rushers being punished it's all too late the damage to the rest of the team has already been done.
Also giving end saferoom door keys randomly to one player concerns me if the player recieving the key is a troll and refuses to open the door. Not good.

Ideally rushers would be stopped the moment they start rushing. Once they realize they can't just run off and are forced to stick with the main team then we might just have ourselves the almost perfect anti rush plugin.

Other things to mention: Dont punish with vomit in the face. Some players use that thing that stops vomit affecting their view, so this would be no deterrant at all.
Forcing them back to the main team would be my preference but as i already mentioned i'm concerned about how that might be bad for the whole team in certain situations.

Anyway some good ideas Mastermind420 i like them.:up:
I just wish someone could make this.

I may decide to do it once i'm done polishing Multiple Equipments. Maybe have it take into account if player is incap and how much health they have to determine whether or not to detach them from the distance limit...allowing them to either run for the saferoom or help the downed players. I've got some ideas

maximus200 04-14-2016 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cravenge (Post 2409555)
So I've seen and read everything, all you need is Ready Up plugin. I'm not done modifying it yet because I encountered some bugs when testing - assuming rusher (my brother) went too far and the plugin did its magic but sad to say my brother was teleported to an unaccessible area (out of map). I'm still trying to find a way to get the non-rusher's (me) distance and teleport the rusher to the non-rusher.

Sounds great although i'm not entirely sure teleporting players back is the way to go.
I quite liked and preferred MasterMind420's idea of restricting the rusher somehow. Once they got so far ahead they would be penalized with some sort of damage to them until they retreated back to the other survivors.I think what is needed though is not just punishment but something that stops them run any further even if they try. Like some kind of distance restriction that only allows them so far ahead of the survivors then it triggers and it's almost like they are hitting an invisible wall as they can't run any further. Then the punishment kicks in to make them retreat also.

Again it must be noted as i already said any plugin would need to take into account certain situations where the whole team is almost downed and rush is not blocked to allow the last player/s to reach the safe room and complete the mission.

Anything like this will help as rushing is a problem on many servers.

MasterMind420 04-14-2016 13:08

You still trying to figure out how your gonna code the distance, cravenge? I'm just wondering because if you haven't looked at the plugin Self Standup by Gsix, it may be worth a look, he's got some good code in there for distance and clearance radius...i'm sure it can give you an idea or be modified to suit your needs.

Pyc 05-17-2016 14:03

I can't open saferoom door and erros log have this
Code:

L 05/17/2016 - 21:01:34: [SM] Native "IsClientInGame" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
L 05/17/2016 - 21:01:34: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "anti-runner_system-l4d2.smx":
L 05/17/2016 - 21:01:34: [SM]  [0]  Line 191, anti-runner_system-l4d2.sp::OnPlayerUse()
L 05/17/2016 - 21:01:34: [SM] Native "IsClientInGame" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
L 05/17/2016 - 21:01:34: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "anti-runner_system-l4d2.smx":
L 05/17/2016 - 21:01:34: [SM]  [0]  Line 191, anti-runner_system-l4d2.sp::OnPlayerUse()

Pyc 05-18-2016 08:32

you very fast answer and you always help
big thank's, you good man

Pyc 05-21-2016 10:06

now I play on Water Front campagn and this plugin work only on c5m1 map, on c5m2, c5m3, c5m4 saferoom door alwayn open
logs empty

for work not only 1st maps I want add maps after 330 line? isSystemApplied()
p.s. after kill tank keyman does't set