AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CS:S] Tracer Effects v1.2.8 (Updated: 8/12/13) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=142046)

thetwistedpanda 10-31-2010 16:50

[CS:S] Tracer Effects v1.2.8 (Updated: 8/12/13)

4 Attachment(s)
Information:
  • This plugin was a paid request by MiracleM4n, who has agreed to its release on the account the original plugin is highly broken.
  • Notice: This is a complete rewrite of [CS:S] Laser Tag, with improvements galore and several new features.
  • (Reapproved to fix version cvar)
Features:
  • Provides support for clients to change their personal tracer, as well as change the tracer they see for everyone else.
  • Configure up to 128 different tracers (without the need to recompile the script) that support different materials, red/green/blue/alpha color combinations, width, and lifetimes.
  • Support for default tracer widths and lifetimes if pre-defined values are not found within the configuration file.
  • Supports various modes of tracer visibility:
    • Spectators/Dead Only: ~ Players will only see tracers after their own demise or upon joining spectate.
    • Team Members Only: ~ Players will only see tracers for their own team.
    • Opposing Team Only: ~ Players will only see tracers for their opposing team.
    • Default: ~ Tracers will always be visible, but clients and toggle their ability to see them.
    • Client Settings: Rather than the server selecting the mode, with this mode clients can determine how they want their tracers to appear.
ConVars:
  • css_tracer_effects: Enables/disables all features of the plugin.
  • css_tracer_effects_advert: The number of seconds after a client joins an initial team for an informational advert to be sent to the client. (-1.0 = No Advert).
  • css_tracer_effects_personal_tracer: If enabled, players may hide their own tracer yet still allow others to see it.
  • css_tracer_effects_flag: If "", everyone can access all features of Tracer Effects, otherwise, only players with this flag or "Tracers_Access" override will have access to personal tracer modifications.
  • css_tracer_effects_knife: If enabled, clients with access can shoot tracers from their knife to their crosshair location. (0 = Disabled, 1 = Left Click, 2 = Right Click, 3 = Both)
  • css_tracer_effects_commands: The chat triggers available to clients to access tracers features.
  • css_tracer_effects_client_enabled: The default tracer status for new clients. (1 = Start On, 0 = Start Off, 2 = Always Enabled)
  • css_tracer_effects_client_visibility: The default tracer visibility for new clients. (0 = All, 1 = Spectators/Dead Only, 2 = Team Members Only, 3 = Opposing Team Only)
  • css_tracer_effects_client_tracer: The default personal tracer for new clients (0 = Random, # = Tracer Index)
  • css_tracer_effects_client_personal: The default personal tracer appearance status for new clients (0 = Random, # = Tracer Index)
  • css_tracer_effects_force_team: If 1 (regular) or 2 (all), clients may not choose their own tracer, rather, every tracer will be randomly colored.
  • css_tracer_effects_force_random: If 1 (regular) or 2 (all), clients may not choose their own tracer, rather, they are assigned their css_tracer_effects_*_tracer.
  • css_tracer_effects_global_visibility: Determines tracer visibility: (0 = All, 1 = Spectators/Dead Only, 2 = Team Members Only, 3 = Opposing Team Only, 4 = Client Choice)
  • css_tracer_effects_global_width: The width value to be applied to tracers. Set to -1 to use pre-defined tracer values.
  • css_tracer_effects_global_life: The lifetime value to be applied to tracers. Set to -1 to use pre-defined tracer values.
  • css_tracer_effects_global_impact: Determines impact method: (0 = Tracers appear from bullet_impact, 1 = Tracers appear from damaging opponent.
  • css_tracer_effects_grenades: If enabled, grenades thrown by clients will have their trail attached.
Credits:
  • Chocolate and Cheese: This plugin is a rewrite of his/her work, [CS:S] Laser Tag, with various changes and improvements.
  • MiracleM4n: For allowing the plugin to be released, and paying for the rewrite to begin with.
  • andi67: For fixing the plugin in my absence and providing an alternate method to using GameData.
Installation:
  • As you cannot compile this plugin locally on the forums, and there are several extra files, I've attached all necessary files into a zip. The contents of the zip file are as follows:
    • /sourcemod/configs/css_tracer_effects.ini
    • /sourcemod/gamedata/css_tracer_effects.gamedata.txt
    • /sourcemod/plugins/css_tracer_effects.smx
    • /sourcemod/scripting/css_tracer_effects.sp
    • /sourcemod/translations/css_tracer_effects.phrases.txt

Sir Jake 10-31-2010 18:22

Re: [CS:S] Tracer Effects

Pretty badass, just had it on for a bit trying it out.
Would be great for a fun server. :)
Thanks for posting this one.

Edit:
Seems someone posted a video from our servers and it shows part of how this looks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByxIZ1Ryn0k&feature=related

dressler18 11-01-2010 10:37

Thank you!! NIce plugin

But I have one problem.
The cvar sm_tracer_effects_life dont work. After mapchange or server restart the time is on default (0.3) so i have to change it via rcon.
Also the settings for each client get lost after mapchange.

Maybe i did something wrong. I put this in my server.cfg:

Code:

sm_tracer_effects "1"
sm_tracer_effects_spectators "0"
sm_tracer_effects_team "0"
sm_tracer_effects_attacker "0"
sm_tracer_effects_client "1"
sm_tracer_effects_default "0"
sm_tracer_effects_color #
sm_tracer_effects_random "0"
sm_tracer_effects_alpha "255"
sm_tracer_effects_life "3.0"
sm_tracer_effects_width "3"

thetwistedpanda 11-01-2010 10:41

You do not put those values into your server.cfg, the server will automatically generate a SourceMod configuration file for this plugin located in /cstrike/cfg/sourcemod/ named sm_tracer_effects.cfg.

dressler18 11-01-2010 10:55

Oh didn't know that. Thank you, the plugin is working fine now.

FirEXE 11-03-2010 06:35

Color option doesn't work.

thetwistedpanda 11-03-2010 10:18

Going to have to give me more information than that, last time I ran the mod before I sent it to the client all features worked properly.

nikooo777 11-03-2010 17:05

!settings crashes my server
i have no idea why

thetwistedpanda 11-03-2010 17:07

It's an issue on a lot of linux machines and sqlite, my client actually had the same problem. I will be writing up a clientpref's free version for individuals who have an issue with !settings/clientprefs. Give me 48 hours.

nikooo777 11-03-2010 17:30

colors work here by the way
E: thank you!