AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D2] No Infected Bots (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=118798)

Mr. Zero 02-14-2010 14:29

[L4D2] No Infected Bots

1 Attachment(s)
No Infected Bots

About:
Due to another of Valve updates we now get infected bots. Thanks Valve, I needed that for my RQ matches.

However I also tent to play friends only matches. And one of my firends always seems to crash / disconnect / have to care of girl in the basement and what not.
During that time we all agree to wait, but it seems the director have his own idea of waiting.

And of course was Valve smart enough to leave in a cvar to disable the infected bots, so you wouldn't need this plugin at all...

No wait. They didn't. Really Valve? Oh well, good thing we got SourceMod right?

Description:
Kick special infected bots.

Known Problems / Things to Notice:
  • This is active on all gamemodes. May I recommend Game Mode Config Loader to disable this plugin in coop/survival and what not.

Commands:
  • sm_infbots
    Toggles infected bots, requires BAN flag.

Cvars:
A configuration file will be automatically created for you upon first run, in /cfg/sourcemod/ called NoInfectedBots.cfg
Code:

// Blocks infected bots from joining the game
// -
// Default: "1"
l4d2_noinfectedbots_enabled "1"

// Allow 1 AI infected when tank spawns (not the tank itself, but the player can spawn a AI infected first before taking control of the tank)
// -
// Default: "1"
l4d2_noinfectedbots_allowtankbot "1"

Changelog:
Code:

Version 0.91
+ Added the "infbots" toggle command
+ Added a timer to tank spawn to prevent "late" bots to spawn

Version 0.90
Initial release

Version Tracking:
v0.90 - 117 views

shelt 02-15-2010 19:33

Re: [L4D2] No Infected Bots

Works as advertised...no SI in VS except for humans in 8vs8.
Tanks were able to spawn and then be controlled by human player.

Thanks!!

nuwit 02-15-2010 19:39

Thank you :D

dirka_dirka 02-15-2010 20:32

nice plugin idea. we use the pause plugin a lot for our friends matches, but getting the person back in requires the game to be active.

any chance you could add a command to toggle this? eg: sm_bots (!bots) or sm_infbots to turn it on/off. simple command for quick usage is better then a longer more informative one.

marvel 03-04-2010 14:15

Thanks man I was looking for this. Looks like these infected bots screw other plugins since these bots always insta-spawn (like character select).

Thanks again!

marvel 03-04-2010 19:10

After some testing I can tell that it's 'almost' working. Sometimes 1 infected bot will slip through and play. It's not such a big deal though.

Another thing I've seen is that you can see in in your screen below an infected bot is being added and then instakicked, you see it flicker for a couple of ms.

Mr. Zero 03-05-2010 10:12

Oh shi-, completely forgotten about this.

Here is your much late requested feature, dirka :3

Also added a timer to prevent what marvel describes. The old script allowed 1 bot to spawn once a tank spawned. However the bot offer didn't "expire", so bots could spawn waaaaay later.
Timer is now added for that and will allow a bot to spawn within the tank selection time + 1 second.

Hopefully that will take care bots just "randomly" spawning later in the game.

Code:

Version 0.91
+ Added the "infbots" toggle command
+ Added a timer to tank spawn to prevent "late" bots to spawn

dirka_dirka 03-05-2010 16:13

thanks.. if i wasnt so busy (with games like bad company 2), i would have ended up modified it myself by now.

marvel 03-08-2010 06:09

Thanks, I'll try the new version :)

NoPaSs[BG] 05-22-2010 13:09

could you make a cvar or a new plugin that lets you to set limit of how much SI BOTS to spawn