AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Prometheus (Enhanced Hostages) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=50842)

XxAvalanchexX 02-05-2007 00:34

Prometheus (Enhanced Hostages)

4 Attachment(s)
Prometheus 0.14 by Avalanche
Prometheus endows hostages with the ability to duck through small spaces, climb up ladders, take fall damage, and use doors to get to their leader. Take a look at the videos to see.

Ducking and climbing on cs_assault, ducking on cs_militia (video framerate: good)
Ducking, climbing, and fall damage on cs_assault, cs_militia, and cs_siege (video framerate: poor)

Cvars
  • hostage_can_duck (default 1) - if hostages can duck or not.
  • hostage_climb_speed (default 256.0) - the speed at which hostages climb ladders. use 0.0 to disable hostage ladder climbing.
  • hostage_directional_ladders (default 1) - if hostages use smart ladder direction calculations to aid in climbing. disable only on maps that have awkward ladders which the hostages just can't seem to climb (I've only observed this on cs_backalley).
  • hostage_fall_damage (default 1.0) - the fall damage scale that hostages take (so 0.5 would be half damage, for example). use 0.0 to disable hostage fall damage. also note that hostage fall damage (with a scale of 1.0) tends to be just a little bit less than player fall damage.
  • hostage_fall_penalty (default 1) - if players lose money for damaging hostages through fall damage, and if it adds to their mp_hostagepenalty count when they kill a hostage through fall damage.
  • hostage_use_door_distance (default 64.0) - if a door is between a hostage and his leader, the maximum distance that the hostage can be from the door to attempt to open it.
  • hostage_jump_delay (default 0.25) - whenever the leader jumps, the hostage will also jump after this long of a delay (in seconds). set to 0.0 to disable.
  • hostage_jump_speed (default 256.0) - the speed that a hostage jumps at if using the above cvar.

Modules Required
  • Cstrike
  • Fakemeta

Notes
  • Does not work on Condition Zero!
  • Thanks to GHW_Chronic for his get_speed_vector!
  • This doesn't change the fact that hostages are just all-around stupid. Trying to navigate some vents or climb a crazy ladder with all four hostages can be tricky sometimes.

soccdoodcss 02-05-2007 00:38

Re: Prometheus (Enhanced Hostages)

Ive seen videos like these online. Is it ported/already made?

Anyway, great job, cant test it now. Hope it works nice though! Will prolly test tomorrow if i can.:up:

SweatyBanana 02-05-2007 01:03

Awesome!

Phantom Warrior 02-05-2007 01:09

Very nice plugin dude, your a plugin god.

GHW_Chronic 02-05-2007 01:32

this is a genious idea. Grats.

Arkshine 02-05-2007 01:34

I've tested with some bots. Sometimes it works well sometimes not.

But I can see that you have added :

Quote:

This doesn't change the fact that hostages are just all-around stupid. Trying to navigate some vents or climb a crazy ladder with all four hostages can be tricky sometimes.

So, great plugin.

Thank you so much ! :up:

EDIT : I've tested on cs_assault, I've noticed that size of area hostages has been increased. Am I wrong ?

XxAvalanchexX 02-05-2007 01:39

What do you mean?

Arkshine 02-05-2007 02:06

Look the screenshot.

http://imageshock.eu/img_small/look-equ1.jpg

With your plugin, hostages can be delivered from the first line.

Instead without your plugin, hostage can be delivered from the second line only.

It is what I mean, Avalanche.

Sorry for my bad english. :-(

Da_sk8rboy 02-05-2007 08:35

This plugin is very sexy.

`666 02-05-2007 08:41

lol its like cz :D very nice