AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CSS] Block Control (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=283157)

Nerus 05-26-2016 16:41

[CSS] Block Control

Block Control

[Create reason]
This plugin was made for my friend's server. There are other no-block plugins for CSS, but none of'em gathers all these features in one, without issues like:
  • hanged nades inside teammates,
  • no breaking glass,
  • decrease performance.
[Features]
  • It is efficient and does not burden the server (checking only on collision event),
  • No collisions between teammates (collide with other things e.g. opposite players) [Update 19.05.2019],
  • No collisions between players and hostages (no problem with blocking players by hostages),
  • Enable collision on duck - crouch to give sb a leg-up (after stand + 3 sec collisions disabled - "noblock on") [Update 19.05.2019]
  • Nades:
    • they are not hanging inside players (they fly by teammates),
    • they collide with other entities (e.g. break glass, hurt opposite team players, hurt hostages).
[Requirements]
  • CollisionHook - still works after 3 years,
  • sv_turbophysics = 1 - ConVar not needed anymore, works fine without or with it too [Update 19.05.2019]
[Problems]
  • There might be a collide with plugin [CSS & CSGO] Throwing Knives (can crash server randomly, without reason and any information's in logs).
  • After update 12 May 2016 entities float on the maps it is Valve fault

Update 25.07.2016
Update 19.05.2019
  • Simplified code,
  • Simplified functionality: you will be able to jump on another person without any triggering (e.g: !nb in chat) its works automatically on collision detection, like in CSGO
  • Nades behavior will be still the same, but with one different: threw from the same position of teammate (inside of the body) will collide with another teammate.
  • Removed nonused convars - please reset (remove for regeneration) your plugin config.

Please visit GitHub for:
  • help with translations,
  • registering issues,
To download source or compiled version please click on the link: GitHub.

Regards,
Nerus.

daleGEND 05-27-2016 08:45

Re: Block Control

Is this only for CSS?

Nerus 05-27-2016 09:06

Basically yes, but fill free to do changes :)

Regards,
Nerus.

sdz 05-27-2016 09:22

A note to be careful because CollisionHook is now unsupported by the original developer. If something happens to require a gamedata update, this plugin will break.

Nerus 05-27-2016 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by EasSidezz (Post 2422430)
A note to be careful because CollisionHook is now unsupported by the original developer. If something happens to require a gamedata update, this plugin will break.

You are right, but:
  • SdkHooks not support collisions between two entities and this is main point,
  • I use this plugin lot of time some around 7 months and nothing change, CSS is abandoned game.
Regards,
Nerus.

root88 05-28-2016 01:10

There is no need to use Collision Hook or detect collisions at all to:
- enable collisions "on duck"
- disable collisions for teammates, hostages
- probably for nades too, but this part is useless for me
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerus (Post 2422251)
It is efficient and does not burden the server (checking only on collision event)

I don't think it really is. On big servers many collisions happen every second.

Nerus 05-28-2016 06:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by root88 (Post 2422656)
There is no need to use Collision Hook or detect collisions at all to:
- enable collisions "on duck"
- disable collisions for teammates, hostages
- probably for nades too, but this part is useless for me

Did you test all plugins with noblock, I did and this plugin solve all my problems with collisions in game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by root88 (Post 2422656)
I don't think it really is. On big servers many collisions happen every second.

Second is not millisecond and especially is not a tick, I didn't study statistic but believe me or not is "optimized" and works very well.
Your choose.

Regards,
Nerus.

Fire1992 06-08-2016 09:42

hey i cant download the blockcontrol.smx

cravenge 06-08-2016 09:57

The extension crashes L4D2 (Windows) as the gamedata is super outdated. If anyone has the latest update, please share it with others.

Nerus 07-25-2016 12:04

New version (v.1.1) added.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire1992 (Post 2425769)
hey i cant download the blockcontrol.smx

Yes, coz you need to compile from source (blockcontrol.sp) on your server side with all of extensions and includes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cravenge (Post 2425775)
The extension crashes L4D2 (Windows) as the gamedata is super outdated. If anyone has the latest update, please share it with others.

Wrong thread, try to find on https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=197815.

Regards,
Nerus.