AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D2] RPG [Full Save-Feature w/ DB] (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=181541)

Skyy 03-30-2012 11:39

[L4D2] RPG [Full Save-Feature w/ DB]

3 Attachment(s)

A Left 4 Dead 2 Role-Playing Plugin

This plugin requires an active database to connect to, through your databases.cfg file
in your addons/sourcemod/configs/ folder.
Simply add the portion in the databases.cfg included in the project zip file, and change the
configuration to match your database info.

Code:

"Databases"
{
        "rpg5"
        {
                "driver"                        "default"
                "host"                                ""
                "database"                        "rpg_rpg5"
                "user"                                ""
                "pass"                                ""
                "port"                                "3306"
        }
}

Information about the Plugin

Players earn experience through killing zombies, helping teammates, completing events, etc., which
in turn levels them up.
Survivors have separate leveling for each weapon category:
  • Pistols
  • smg's
  • shotguns
  • assault rifles
  • sniper rifles
  • melee weapons.

On top of this, survivor max damage, total health, movement speed is based on their
Physical level, which earns experience for everything (essentially the cumulation of all other
survivor experiences).

Weapons in their respective categories deal more damage based on their level. The amount of
damage increase is configurable in the config file.

Special Ammo types' effectiveness' are increased based on the weapon they are attached to.
Only one type of special ammo can be attached to each weapon category at a time.

Infected have separate leveling for each infected class:
  • Hunter
  • Smoker
  • Boomer
  • Jockey
  • Charger
  • Spitter
  • Tank

Their Infected level represents the cumulation of all of these experiences. As with the physical level, it
determines total health, maximum movement speed, and damage bonus.
In a similar fashion to survivor weapon levels dealing increased damage, Infected class levels unlock abilities
at 4 different intervals, namely the Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4 levels of the Special Infected, again, fully
configurable in the config file. However, the level of each individual SI further modifies damage bonus, speed
bonus, and health bonus.
Outside of the Tier 2, 3, and 4 states, there are two abilities that are unlocked at set levels;
  • Wall of Fire
  • Spawn Anywhere

Wall of Fire Creates a river of flame culminating around the infected player when they die, essentially
a molotov is dropped on your corpse. This feature can be toggled on/off for each of the 7 SI classes when
the player has it unlocked, through the rpg player customization menu.

Spawn Anywhere Allows the Infected player to spawn, even in areas where survivors can visibly see
them. The tank cannot use this ability.

Furthermore, server owners can customize how special infected look, in relation to model colour for each of
the different tier classes. By default, tier colours are as follows:

Tier 2: Blue
Tier 3: Green
Tier 4: Red

When a special infected unlocks a new Tier level, a new ability exclusive to that class is unlocked.

However, on top of these class-specific abilities, teams can purchase numerous team upgrades that last until
the end of the current round, which also add global and class-specific abilities, as well as modify common
infected behaviour.

Miscellaneous Information

The amount of experience players earn for killing other players or bot players is dependent on the difference
in the level of the attacker and defender, in order to penalize players who are much higher than other players
in level than they would be if they attacked players closer to their level.
This feature can also be tweaked or disabled completely in the settings.

The Special Infected Bots Level Up...
And their data is saved to the database. However, this feature can also be disabled in the settings.

This is the latest release stable version of the plugin.
When version 2.x is stable, it will be released.

Plugin Dependencies:

• Left 4 Loading

If you find a bug, please post it in the comments section below, thanks!

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...843F418857C41/http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...97869956B0C67/http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...29D03FD3EC0D1/http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/65...8FA0FCC8DD19F/http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/65...3991DA7C0E77E/

asherkin 04-02-2012 06:24

Please don't distribute SourceMod files like the compiler or include files in the download.

webking 04-02-2012 14:47

Re: [L4D2] RPG [Full Save-Feature w/ DB]

outdated?not 2.51? 1.3b?

mugen 04-16-2012 11:59

very nice plugin i tested it on my server but i have problems with tanks: no tank spawns

and medkits are disapering at start

thats why i disabled it maby u can tell me whats wrong

i have no errors in my log files

thx

Skyy 04-17-2012 02:35

you'll need to navigate the up5wrappers.sp and remove the public L4D_OnTankSpawn call where i disable director tanks. This is because tanks are only spawned through player purchases.

All items are removed from the map on ready up end , you can remove that by editing the source as well

gilmon 04-17-2012 05:44

This plugin depend on each other is too much,looks very bad in a folder,can you write all them in one plugin?

P.S:Can you make a independence plugin about weapon level and damage?:)

Skyy 04-17-2012 06:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilmon (Post 1690903)
This plugin depend on each other is too much,looks very bad in a folder,can you write all them in one plugin?

Looks clean to me. If you want them all in one plugin, the source is included in the zip file and you can make the changes necessary to move it into one file.

Quote:

P.S:Can you make a independence plugin about weapon level and damage?:)

Weapon damage and level can be disabled in the plugin if you don't want it to display. It wouldn't be efficient to write a separate plugin that handles this when you can simply toggle it on and off with a convar.

asherkin 04-17-2012 06:34

Quote:

Just create a new subdirectory for all the files? You don't even need the source code on your server.

Skyy 04-17-2012 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by webking (Post 1680668)
outdated?not 2.51? 1.3b?

2.5 was a development version testing out several new features; features that weren't working properly. I pulled it in favour of 1.5 which is the latest stable version. I'll be uploading 3.x when a stable version is released (and one that isn't updated daily with new fixes and features.)

You can view ongoing change logs on my Steamgroup Page

As is noticeable from viewing the change logs (there are 3 separate announcements holding all of the version updates) there are a lot of updates being pushed in a short amount of time that just wouldn't be feasible to posting them here as some presented were major issues. It wouldn't be proper to post a version, just to come back a few hours later and go "Hey, new version."

gilmon 04-17-2012 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyy (Post 1690910)
Looks clean to me. If you want them all in one plugin, the source is included in the zip file and you can make the changes necessary to move it into one file.

Weapon damage and level can be disabled in the plugin if you don't want it to display. It wouldn't be efficient to write a separate plugin that handles this when you can simply toggle it on and off with a convar.

I means I only need weapon level/damage system,not other function like firewall and spawn everywhere,hope you have time to do it.:)