AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   AMX Mod X 1.76d Released, 3 Year Anniversary (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=52396)

BAILOPAN 03-09-2007 18:31

AMX Mod X 1.76d Released, 3 Year Anniversary

I am very pleased to announce that we have released AMX Mod X 1.76d! This update is entirely a bug-fix release, and is the last release for the 1.76 branch. The 1.77 branch is now merged to trunk, is being renamed to 1.8.
Today is also the 3rd anniversary of the AMX Mod X Project! Our first release, 0.1 "Alpha," was distributed on March 8th-9th, 2004. If tonight, you find yourself holding a glass of wine with nothing to toast, feel free to celebrate three years of development and progress for the Half-Life 1 community! Despite Valve's attempts to kill Counter-Strike 1.6, we are confident it will still be popular one year from now, and hopefully we will be able to celebrate a fourth year as well.

On a more disappointing note, with this release, we took an unprecedented action for ourselves and blocked specific non-GPL plugins from loading in AMX Mod X. A few unscrupulous authors have decided to not only violate our license, but to violate the rights we give users with it -- the right to modify and distribute source code under the GNU General Public License.

We have only taken this action in specific cases where an understanding of the GPL could not be reached. While a small part of this is to punish authors who don't "play nice," it's also to make unsuspecting downloaders aware that these authors are depriving users of something they're entitled to under the AMX Mod X license. The community isn't just about '.amxx' files, it's about sharing.

So far this list only contains one plugin, and hopefully it won't grow any further; the official list is maintained in the "Upgrade" section mention above.

In closing, special thanks to sawce, members of the AMX Mod team, Basic-Master for keeping the installer working, and faluco, who says hi, and he also has a hat. wow

Cheap_Suit 03-09-2007 19:00

Re: AMX Mod X 1.76d Released, 3 Year Anniversary

Nice Job. Also what do users do if they found a close source plugin?

Hawk552 03-09-2007 19:18

Wish I could have helped with the testing :|

Good anyway.

BAILOPAN 03-09-2007 19:28

You can contact me at [email protected]

Da_sk8rboy 03-09-2007 20:04

Nice job :]]

chuck 03-09-2007 20:25

congrats !

diamond-optic 03-09-2007 20:26

hey bail..

we have a plugin over at dodplugins.net called 'DoD BlockExploits' and we dont release the source to the public because we dont want to spread how the exploits are done in the 1st place...

does this mean it might be blocked at some point?

BAILOPAN 03-09-2007 20:35

diamond-optic: No, I think you guys contacted me a while back on that one and we OK'd it; anyway, please forward requests/inquiries to me in private ;) thanks!

commonbullet 03-09-2007 22:18

This is a very cool open source project and community.
Congrats to all. :up:

Zenith77 03-09-2007 23:10

Just in time for my birthday (today is really my birthday).

edit
Where exactly can I find a list of the blocked plugins. I think I need to get some sleep.