AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Finding out what plugins a server is using (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=311068)

Bad gamer 10-03-2018 10:04

Finding out what plugins a server is using

Hi. I just wanted to know if there is a way to know what plugins a server is using.

This is because, sometimes, I want to add a mod/plugin to my server because I saw it somewhere else, but it's hard to find mods just by description.

OciXCrom 10-03-2018 10:11

Re: Finding out what plugins a server is using

Nobody said that a server's plugins are public and not private. You can't possibly find them out.

Bad gamer 10-03-2018 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by OciXCrom (Post 2617842)
Nobody said that a server's plugins are public and not private.

I know. That's why I said "if there is a way[...]"
Quote:

You can't possibly find them out.
That's dissapointing. Thanks anyways!

haZh 10-03-2018 11:25

Most plugins leave a plugin variable in addition to the default server variables, you can view these easily in GameTracker under server variables section. Plus you can also google some of the screen text shown by the plugin while you are in-game. Most likely you will end up finding the exact same plugin that they are using.

OciXCrom 10-03-2018 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by haZh (Post 2617851)
Most plugins leave a plugin variable in addition to the default server variables, you can view these easily in GameTracker under server variables section. Plus you can also google some of the screen text shown by the plugin while you are in-game. Most likely you will end up finding the exact same plugin that they are using.

That is IF the plugin is even uploaded anywhere. There's no guarantee that the plugin even exists in the internet or isn't modified in any way.

Bad gamer 10-04-2018 05:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by haZh (Post 2617851)

That's very good indeed! Thanks a lot!
Quote:

Originally Posted by OciXCrom (Post 2617859)
That is IF the plugin is even uploaded anywhere. There's no guarantee that the plugin even exists in the internet or isn't modified in any way.

I don't think that's the case. The plugins I'm interested in are in lots of servers. I just hope they all have some variables.

Skovbo 10-18-2018 07:19

You could try contacting the game server administrator with your query

OciXCrom 10-22-2018 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by san C (Post 2620746)
Hola!! Here I am.

It's impossible to tell on what Plugin is used on servers If they disabled the /pl /plugins command. Why would you want to have their commands? You can get Plugins that's already enough for what your doing with your friends. Almost every server has a /help command which shows all the Commands that the Admin permits users to use.

Thankyou. :)

Um, this is not a Minecraft forum.