AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   HLstatsX:CE (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   HLXCEhost.com will be discontinued (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=301712)

PieterMX 10-02-2017 05:40

HLXCEhost.com will be discontinued

Hi all,

A few years ago I've launched HLXCEhost.com for a free HLXCE hosting solution:

http://hlxcehost.com

Sadly I have no time to continue developing on this site / project any more (which is still in "BETA", e.g. paid premium accounts have not been used).

Users will receive an email to inform them about this and how to receive a database dump (to host HLXCE elsewhere).

If someone is willing to continue this project please let me know. The code needs updating, but it's working...

Best regards,

PieterMX

kisiek 10-08-2017 17:11

Re: HLXCEhost.com will be discontinued

I can host that but I'm not able to develop it ( lack of skills and time to learn it )

PieterMX 10-09-2017 04:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by kisiek (Post 2553369)
I can host that but I'm not able to develop it ( lack of skills and time to learn it )

Well same here, thats why I'm stopping. Hosting isn't the problem, but without development the project is going nowhere :nono:

Receiving multiple E-mails from people willing to continue HLXCEhost.com by "just hosting it", however time and coding skills are needed for a successful (re)start of the project. Also in my opinion it should be open source since HLXCE is open source itself.

Maybe @Mavrick4283 has an opinion / idea? :)

ExCluSiv3 10-09-2017 07:06

I think this Project was a great idea (even if i never used it myself, always hosted hlxce myself). It would be really sad if it would go down, since most of the Server Owners doesn't have the skills or resources to set it up themselves.

So, long story short, i would like to help you maintaining it, since coding is my job that wouldn't be a problem ;)

Since i just set up a server where i wanted to use hlxce, i read somewhere that it is "dead". Do you know something about it?

CrAzY MaN 10-23-2017 07:52

Atleast switch on the registrations

PieterMX 10-23-2017 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY MaN (Post 2556268)
Atleast switch on the registrations

Switching on registrations and ending the project in a few days doesn't make sense :nono:

CrAzY MaN 10-24-2017 05:22

You are the hope of some people...
So, continue your HLStatsX

PieterMX 10-24-2017 05:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExCluSiv3 (Post 2553430)

Since i just set up a server where i wanted to use hlxce, i read somewhere that it is "dead". Do you know something about it?

Since there hasn't been an update for HLXCE since 2014, the original website (hlxce.com) being dead and no PHP7 support (HLXCE is using the PHP's mysql extension) I would say "yes", the project is dead unless someone is willing to investigate some serious time in it :cry:

PieterMX 10-24-2017 05:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY MaN (Post 2556446)
You are the hope of some people...
So, continue your HLStatsX

I am not the developer of HLXCE...

DarkDeviL 10-25-2017 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawangond (Post 2556682)
I can continue this project but not alone. I need team for that
And one more thing please help me with this 1st

In regards to your issues, they are not at all relevant for this thread, so please stop posting things of no relevance to random threads, and follow the AlliedModders Rules 100%.

If you need assistance for that, and cannot even read the first one Google tells you to do when you copy-paste that message into Google, ...

Then I'm afraid I wouldn't classify you as the right person for even attempting to be continuing "HLXCEhost.com".