AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] All Class Wall Climb v1.0.0 (with Super Jump!) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=267898)

sarysa 08-02-2015 20:56

[TF2] All Class Wall Climb v1.0.0 (with Super Jump!)

1 Attachment(s)
All Class Wall Climb + super jump
My FF2 wall climb ability usable on any server (though you'll probably only want it on your trade servers)

Video Demonstration of the FF2 version, but this one is the same plus it allows skybox climbing

Installation Instructions
Drag-and-drop into sourcemod directory. There are no user resources.

Dependencies
What is All Class Wall Climb?
It was originally an "unspecified parkour" ability for my Freak Fortress 2 boss, Epic Scout. I figured that wall climb/jump would be the only thing I could do that wouldn't suck to play hale as, with any relation to parkour.

Around when I released it, it dawned on me that this would be a fun plugin for trade servers or any other TF2 server that doesn't rely on serious play. So here it is.

Shortly after that, it dawned on me that Super Jump would also be fun for trade servers, and since I've already written that for my Dynamic Defaults plugin and both wall climb and super jump are in the same plugin, it'd be almost effortless to port it over. At the moment the only thing I've seen is an admin-only standalone Saxton Hale plugin. This Super Jump mode is suitable for all users.

Both operate the same as their Freak Fortress 2 counterparts, but each user can only use one at a time. (since both require RIGHT MOUSE to work) Users can freely enable/disable them so long as admins/settings allow users to use them. Users with either enabled take no fall damage, since especially with super jump, two to three uses would equal suicide.

It's named "All Class Wall Climb" to avoid any confusion with the bushwacka climbing plugin. This one is very, very different.

Wasn't this done already?
This plugin is nothing like Bushwacka climbing, aka climbing by striking your melee weapon against a wall. This actually lets you cling to walls, and move left/right along them, or up and down. You can also jump off walls, much like in platform games.

Here's a list of controls:
RIGHT MOUSE - It's the action key. Hold it to cling to walls while in midair.
W - While looking up, move up the wall. While looking down, move down the wall.
S - While looking up, move down the wall. While looking down, move up the wall.
A - Move left along the wall.
D - Move right along the wall.
JUMP (def: SPACE BAR) - Jump off the wall. If you're holding neither A or D, you'll jump backwards like in a platform game. If you're holding A or D, you'll jump mostly in that direction.

Commands
Player Commands
  • wallclimb - Enable/disable wall climb.
  • superjump - Enable/disable super jump.

Admin Commands
  • acwc_cvars - Reloads all cvars from file.
  • acwc_setenabled - If set to 0, this plugin is temporarily disabled. (until map change or this is set to 1)

Cvars
Spoiler

TODO
  • Player option to remove the HUD.
  • Player option to override super jump intensity.
  • Localization support.
  • Change default HUD Y to 0.82 because 0.84 seems to overlap some default HUD elements.

Credits
  • Coded by sarysa
  • Some super jump code directly lifted from Rainbolt Dash's work.

93SHADoW 08-03-2015 21:20

Re: [TF2] All Class Wall Climb v1.0.0 (with Super Jump!)

Fun stuff! Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/aDqJpGdl.jpg

404UserNotFound 08-04-2015 06:33

Didn't someone already make an all-class wall climb plugin (just without the "super jump")? Pretty sure someone already did.

vadia111 08-04-2015 08:20

is possible remove HUD chat ?

Benoist3012 08-04-2015 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by abrandnewday (Post 2328181)
Didn't someone already make an all-class wall climb plugin (just without the "super jump")? Pretty sure someone already did.

You are right someone already did it but only for boss
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=262572

sarysa 08-04-2015 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by abrandnewday (Post 2328181)

This one is very different from bushwacka climbing. You hold a key to cling to walls and then move around the wall with WASD. You press JUMP to jump off the wall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vadia111 (Post 2328218)
is possible remove HUD chat ?

I'd be willing to make it a player option, but without the HUD even experienced players could have no clue what to do. New players definitely would have no clue, so it'd have to be visible be default.

xXDeathreusXx 08-04-2015 20:09

I made a superjump plugin with a command to enable it, but the guy that requested it requested it remain private, which is why I never put it out there