AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [22/10/2022] (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=310498)

iceeedr 09-05-2018 23:39

HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [22/10/2022]

49 Attachment(s)
Public Info:

I found problems using the plugin made by "OLO" (sometimes it did not kick the player even though I was watching the ping and was always above the allowed), so I decided to give a little update and modify some things, making clear to the administrators of the site that I am posting just for help if anyone else goes through this.

Oh sure, I accept constructive criticism :D

Notes about changes/updates:

The plugin made by OLO uses dynamic number of arguments in its functions, and for some reason was failing (at least with me), so I made a small update on the way the tasks are created, passing the task ID correctly so as not to confuse with the ID of the player and I modified the cvar for pcvars (this does not make much difference, but who is updating one thing already avails and updates another.)

Servers using this plugin:

Here o/

Requirements:

* AMXX >= 1.10
* Compile locally

Obs:

~> Again, I thank "OLO" for the plugin originally produced, and SmileYzn for countless aids.

Submit translations:

Please send your translations through this link.

Available Languages:

Portuguese - iceeedR
English - iceeedR
Spanish - Rivotril
Romanian - Nutu_
Serbian - ^G[L]A^~Yuki
Slovak - Belo95135
German - Mordekay
Turkish - Snake
Hungarian - Hembi
Albanian - lantimilan
Simplified chinese - all85100
Russian - SomewhereLost
Albanian - edon1337

History:

Code:

0.1 [06/09/2018]
* First release

0.2 [10/09/2018]
* Fully upgraded to amxx 1.9.

0.3 [03/10/2018]
* new natives from amxx 1.9 used
* AutoExecConfig Added to plugin

0.4 [05/10/2018]
* AutoExecConfig removed since it was added to the new amxx.

0.5 [05/10/2018]
* Fixed a typo.

0.6 [18/10/2018]
* Fixed use of native bind_pcvar_ *
* Added language file

0.7 [06/12/2018]
* Added 2 cvars "Admin immunity" and "Notification filter"
* Changed .cfg creation path

0.8 [08/12/2018]
* Added to log the kick message.
* Small bugs fixed like the cvar "amx __..." (contained 2 underlines), please delete the newpingkicker.cfg and use the new file created.

0.8.1 [02/01/2019]
* Added variable to create log or not of kicked players.
* Corrected the notification method so that it is always updated with the value of the cvar.

0.9 [08/01/2019]
* Minor Adjustments

1.0 [27/02/2019]
* Clean and remove unnecessary code
* Removed the command amx_hpk, in view of the use of CFG.
* Added a filter for the immunity flag to admin.

1.1 [04/06/2019]
* Little fixes

1.2 [16/07/2019]
* Fixed some typos

1.3 [10/01/2020] - And probably the final version.
* Fixed language formatting when kicking.

1.4 [23/08/2021] - Final Version (No bug reporting)
* Small optimization in creating cvars.

1.5 [03/09/2021] - Minor adjustments for approval

1.5.1 [20/10/2021] - Updated LANG.

1.6 [31/05/2022]
* Logic redone after some reports that if a player got lag after some time without lag, the average was not correctly applied.
* No need to redownload lang or delete the cfg file.

1.7 [22/10/2022]
* Fixed log_amx which was using LANG_PLAYER instead of LANG_SERVER.
* Fixed small error in LANG file in pt-br.

Keep in mind the need to delete the old "NewPingkicker" cfg so that it can be generated the updated one.
-----------------------------------------------END----------------------------------------------

JusTGo 09-06-2018 09:02

Re: HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated

maybe you should mention what you have updated from OLO version

iceeedr 09-06-2018 10:06

Just looking at the 2 sma's clearly perceives the difference. I do not want to go into the subject too much.

HamletEagle 09-06-2018 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceeedr (Post 2614014)
Just looking at the 2 sma's clearly perceives the difference. I do not want to go into the subject too much.

If you decide to take someone else's plugin and post it you should definitely say what you changed.

OciXCrom 09-06-2018 10:19

Quote:

* AMXX >= 1.8.2
The plugin won't compile on 1.8.2 because MAX_PLAYERS isn't defined.

iceeedr 09-06-2018 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by OciXCrom (Post 2614019)
The plugin won't compile on 1.8.2 because MAX_PLAYERS isn't defined.

Oops, my mistake, fixed.

iceeedr 09-06-2018 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamletEagle (Post 2614018)
If you decide to take someone else's plugin and post it you should definitely say what you changed.

Seeing this side you are right, I will update the main post as soon as possible, I make clear that I have no intention of "stealing" the plugin made previously to post again because I do not receive anything for that, if that's the case and you think it's better, we can delete this post and I post the update in OLO's own post, I'm waiting for the best solution.

HamletEagle 09-06-2018 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceeedr (Post 2614023)
Seeing this side you are right, I will update the main post as soon as possible, I make clear that I have no intention of "stealing" the plugin made previously to post again because I do not receive anything for that, if that's the case and you think it's better, we can delete this post and I post the update in OLO's own post, I'm waiting for the best solution.

If the changes you made are significant enough you can make a new thread and take over the plugin(the original author name should be kept, you could say something like OLO & iceeedr)

iceeedr 09-06-2018 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamletEagle (Post 2614027)
If the changes you made are significant enough you can make a new thread and take over the plugin(the original author name should be kept, you could say something like OLO & iceeedr)

The plugin made by OLO uses dynamic number of arguments in its functions, and for some reason was failing (at least with me), so I made a small update on the way the tasks are created, passing the task ID correctly so as not to confuse with the ID of the player and I modified the cvar for pcvars (this does not make much difference, but who is updating one thing already avails and updates another.) I wait for your endorsement to update the main post and / or delete the post and do just the weights in the original plugin, see you later.

Fuck For Fun 09-08-2018 18:46

Glad to see people like you who take old PLUGIN and improve it, but I'd love you to do
*UPDATE and explain what has been fixed / arranged.

iceeedr 09-09-2018 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuck For Fun (Post 2614305)
Glad to see people like you who take old PLUGIN and improve it, but I'd love you to do
*UPDATE and explain what has been fixed / arranged.

Post updated with the chages/updates, I am still waiting for HamletEagle's response, but it seems to me that everything is ok.

Arkshine 09-10-2018 09:46

Is the original OLO plugin posted on this forum? I could not find it. Wanted to look at what you've really changed.

From what I see there are already improved versions of the OLO plugin, such as:
- https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=10259
- https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=59602

You have others as well:
- https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=67629
- https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=738892

The point is as it is, your plugin seems redundant. So, unless you plan to add new features that others plugins don't have, this plugin will be likely unapproved.

iceeedr 09-10-2018 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkshine (Post 2614539)
Is the original OLO plugin posted on this forum? I could not find it. Wanted to look at what you've really changed.

From what I see there are already improved versions of the OLO plugin, such as:
- https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=10259
- https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=59602

You have others as well:
- https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=67629
- https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=738892

The point is as it is, your plugin seems redundant. So, unless you plan to add new features that others plugins don't have, this plugin will be likely unapproved.

This is the link to original post, you can look at what has been modified, and as I said "The plugin made by OLO uses dynamic number of arguments in its functions, and for some reason was failing, so I made a small update on the way the tasks are created, passing the task ID correctly so I do not confuse with the ID of the player and I modified the cvar for pcvars (this does not make much difference, but who is updating one thing already avails and updates another)".

Thanks for watching the post and I have no intention of adding new functions since my idea was only to heal some problems that were happening to me and can happen with others, thank you.

Arkshine 09-10-2018 10:16

By the way, client_disconnected is from AMXX 1.9. if you want to make this plugin for that version, you should say it in the first post. And if so, you might want to use the latest stuff to simplify the plugin (like using client_print_color, read_argv_int, etc.). Actually, I would encourage you to do that because v1.9 is near and I would not mind seeing a better-coded plugin.

iceeedr 09-10-2018 10:19

Oops really, let me pass this detail, I will make the modifications indicated by you and I will update the main post at the end, thank you Ark.

iceeedr 09-10-2018 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkshine (Post 2614542)
By the way, client_disconnected is from AMXX 1.9. if you want to make this plugin for that version, you should say it in the first post. And if so, you might want to use the latest stuff to simplify the plugin (like using client_print_color, read_argv_int, etc.). Actually, I would encourage you to do that because v1.9 is near and I would not mind seeing a better-coded plugin.

Updated as pointed out.

Code:

Released version 0.2.

iceeedr 10-03-2018 22:27

Code:

0.3 [03/10/2018]
* new natives from amxx 1.9 used
* AutoExecConfig Added to plugin

iceeedr 10-17-2018 23:53

Re: HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [18/10/2018]

0.6 [18/10/2018]
* Fixed use of native bind_pcvar_ *
* Added language file

iceeedr 11-26-2018 09:48

Re: HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [18/10/2018]

Available Languages:

Portuguese - iceeedR
English - iceeedR
Spanish - Rivotril
Romanian - Nutu_
Serbian - ^G[L]A^~Yuki
Slovak - Belo95135

DJEarthQuake 12-04-2018 10:21

Re: HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [26/11/2018]

10TB bandwidth VPS for the price we used to pay for AOL! It amazes me there is still a need for such. Thank you iceeedr for all your hard work at re-optimizing this and sharing. It just shocks me with this much bandwidth with this old of a game that this is necessary! I am looking at 1TB for under $4.

iceeedr 12-04-2018 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake (Post 2626726)
10TB bandwidth VPS for the price we used to pay for AOL! It amazes me there is still a need for such. Thank you iceeedr for all your hard work at re-optimizing this and sharing. It just shocks me with this much bandwidth with this old of a game that this is necessary! I am looking at 1TB for under $4.

Thanks, it really is a game that still demands a lot of broadband, I hope the plugin helps you.

DJEarthQuake 12-04-2018 12:05

I haven't tried your updated HPK yet, but it is next! You are actually trying while so many others are basking in the comfort zone from 15 years ago when AMXX picked up where Admin Mod and AMXMOD left off. We are almost 2 decades later. It is time for some improvements and code optimizations. Thank you again for your work and noticing the needs!! I also have noticed whatever OLO based ping kickers I experimented with here, while a neat concept were functionally worthless. It could have been a config issue on my part making the settings too lenient. But consistently over rate as we have noticed and not being kicked or warned is completely unacceptable. I just tried the Yet kicker which I avoided because users said it was broken for the last 10 years. I replied to the thread and the maintainer called my comments trolling. Since you are respectable I will switch to your stuff buddy. Yet works well but needs more time to tell. Something with timers and AMXMODX plugins have a way of going to hell of those are not set just so.

DJEarthQuake 12-04-2018 12:10

Code:

HighPingKicker.sma(5) : fatal error 111: user error: "This plugin requires AMXX 1.9"
I do not like having to hack plugins...

We have to use developer for gungame.

amxx version
AMX Mod X 1.8.3-dev+5151 (http://www.amxmodx.org)
Authors:
David "BAILOPAN" Anderson, Pavol "PM OnoTo" Marko
Felix "SniperBeamer" Geyer, Jonny "Got His Gun" Bergstrom
Lukasz "SidLuke" Wlasinski, Christian "Basic-Master" Hammacher
Borja "faluco" Ferrer, Scott "DS" Ehlert
Compiled: Dec 8 2017 15:23:50
Built from: https://github.com/alliedmodders/amxmodx/commit/7b3646a
Build ID: 5151:7b3646a
Core mode: JIT+ASM32

DJEarthQuake 12-04-2018 12:15

If you could put a comment to erase/comment out those 3 lines for people who do not know how to work code. That would be nice.

Code:

#if AMXX_VERSION_NUM < 190
    #error "This plugin requires AMXX 1.9"
#endif

iceeedr 12-04-2018 12:21

Actually, the use is restricted to amxx 1.9 (which is 1.8.3 as already explained in several topics), I can not guarantee that the use of the 1.8.3 files (in any of your past updates) will contain the native ones used in the plugin , so it is difficult to remove this warning. What I can do is add an amxx version 1.8.2 that by the amxx compatibility policy will be fully used in versions 1.8.3.

DJEarthQuake 12-04-2018 12:27

I just cut the 3 lines and works fine. There is a real stupid question I have. Some of my players are from China. I would like to surprise them and have a Chinese translation in there too as well as other languages such as Russian. We have plenty of Russian players also. What happens on AMDMODX when non-utf8 characters are used?

iceeedr 12-04-2018 12:32

You can send me the translation, as far as I know, saving the file as UTF-8 without BOM, it works normally.

On the working version of amxx 1.8.3, I can not guarantee that in versions (although 1.8.3), but more outdated than yours, will work, so the message. I will add the support for 1.8.2 today, it is already ready, but it is in another HD.

DJEarthQuake 12-04-2018 12:44

I also will conform and get 1.9. Thanks for the wake up call! I forgot it is already here. On with the code roundup. Yee-haw!

iceeedr 12-04-2018 12:47

Yeah, any bug or problem contact me right here, I hope you enjoy it.

DJEarthQuake 12-04-2018 12:56

I know a good plugin. When it is the people's choice it has translation activity like this does. On with the 1.9 migration.

DJEarthQuake 12-04-2018 15:29

amx_check 3
amx_delay 2

Kicks them on connection so we do not have to deal with lag city for a minute of 3 checks 15 sec apart. It is working on 1.8. I forgot you grabbed this from core app. No logging or anything. This is a good lightweight alternative ping kicker. It works!

iceeedr 12-04-2018 15:33

Thanks for the tests and feedback, I will update the plugin soon with some small details. :D

DJEarthQuake 12-05-2018 19:22

Plugin makes a directory in the configs named plugins and places HighPingKicker.cfg there. Command line editing plugins.ini takes longer now as a result with a duplicate name in the folder. I am running 1.9. Most admins demand a log file. There is no logging. I do not mind as nothing has gotten past this. I have the other checkers set high as a fail-safe. Since I put yours up. No log. That means it works on 1.8 also. I wanted to have 1.9 installed before I commented about this unauthorized plugins directory in my configs directory being that it could have been part of using 1.9. It's not.

├── amxx.cfg
├── clcmds.ini
├── cmdaccess.ini
├── cmds.ini
├── configs.ini
├── core.ini
├── custommenuitems.cfg
├── hamdata.ini
├── maps
│** ├── plugins-op4ctf.ini
│** ├── plugins-op4.ini
├── maps.ini
├── miscstats.ini
├── modules.ini
├── plugins
│** └── HighPingKicker.cfg <---non-standard
├── plugins.ini
├── speech.ini
├── sql.cfg
└── users.ini

iceeedr 12-05-2018 19:29

I'm sorry, but I really could not understand if you're complaining about something, or pointing me to some subject ... if you want, could you rewrite your sentence? See you

DJEarthQuake 12-06-2018 03:14

The file and directory I recommend if you can do with out it do without please. If that is not possible something other than plugins right next to plugins.ini. As I explained it is irritating every time I want to edit plugins.ini on secure shell. I watched a user who has better ping than a $2000 Apple on my network show up with a 30 ping and not leave or be kicked having stratosphere 1000 ping for too many milliseconds for my toolbox. My last settings he was saved by the bell or heaven help us. That was using 3 different checkers. I haven't ever tried that before. I have flux checker set to finite amount of flux and losses and ban. 1 ban for the week. That's fine. It just failed flux was set to 50 and that was over 1000 flux. Yours, no logging - tolerate as a am a lightweight nanosoftware enthusiast. I had yours set to 275 and a frontliner with amx_check 3;amx_delay 2 --so 6 sec. I took it off the front line and put it in as the fail-back backup pinter. I took out the nice recheck so once a certain level is breached - gone. The Yet kicker as a front liner I can see who is being kicked for what. Good thing we were all playing or else, who would know? No change demands of course.

Mordekay 12-06-2018 04:32

What about if you try to explain your problem without phrases no one except you or people talking your language as first language understand? I tried to read your text but gave up. I'm pretty sure iceeedr will have the same problem.
A SIMPLE explanation of your problem would be VERY appreciated.

iceeedr 12-06-2018 08:41

If I understood correctly, the "problem" is to create the new directory "plugins" with the .cfg of the plugin inside it ... if it is, I can not do anything about it since it is the correct use of the new native amxx 1.9 "native AutoExecConfig (bool: autoCreate = true, const name [] =" ", const folder [] =" "); the normal flow of the plugins will eventually be all (when updated) create their cfgs inside the new folder

DJEarthQuake 12-06-2018 12:18

Code:

AutoExecConfig(.autoCreate = true, .name = "../HighPingKicker")
Resolved. Now it places the config in the config directory instead of unnecessarily creating another directory called plugins within the configs directory.

iceeedr 12-06-2018 12:31

Glad that that was his problem, and that was solved. Particularly I prefer the separate partitioning of the CFG's, but I'll put some information in the main post about it.

iceeedr 12-06-2018 20:22

Re: HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [06/12/2018]

New Version

Code:

0.7 [06/12/2018] - And probably the final version.
* Added 2 cvars "Admin immunity" and "Notification filter"
* Changed .cfg creation path