AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v1.1.10, 2021-10-30) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=241056)

splewis 05-26-2014 22:27

[CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v1.1.10, 2021-10-30)

1 Attachment(s)
CS:GO Multi-1v1
This plugin sets up 2+ players in separate 1v1 arenas, when all the arenas are done fighting, the winners move up an arena and the losers move down an arena.

Short video of gameplay

Screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/TPP7c7p.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QXCKZ8R.jpg

Please see the README on github as the primary source for information.

----------> Latest release readme <------
Current development readme

wiki: https://github.com/splewis/csgo-multi-1v1/wiki

Changelog

Please see https://github.com/splewis/csgo-mult...r/CHANGELOG.md

Third party plugins
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=276319

Reporting bugs/issues

Always include as much relevant info as you can: the multi1v1 plugin version, sourcemod version, and other plugins+extensions running on the server.
Do not pm me for support.

Disable any knife/skin plugins if you run into issues. I will ignore any problems that cannot be reproduced without those plugins loaded.

Installation issues?
First check the error logs (addons/sourcemod/logs) for hints, and then re-read the installation instructions to see if you missed anything. Then post here.

Issues I still want resolved in the future (in a fully backwards compatible way):
- sqlite support for the stats
- fixing the p2k/usp being forced into 1 slot based on the player's in-game inventory selection
- possibly letting bots in

Contributions to fixing any of these are very welcome: https://github.com/splewis/csgo-multi-1v1/pulls.

Most of my personal development of this plugin is done - I will fix bugs and review contributions, but will not write new features.

boombee 05-28-2014 00:57

Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.3.0, 2014-5-26)

should add db as well. Nice plugin, will be trying out tomorrow.

splewis 05-28-2014 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by boombee (Post 2143362)
should add db as well. Nice plugin, will be trying out tomorrow.

Not sure what you mean, the stats/ratings are meant to be stored in a MySQL database already.

versatile_bfg 05-30-2014 06:35

You need to add this to make the updater plugin not required
PHP Code:

#undef REQUIRE_PLUGIN
#include <updater> 

Other than that the plugin looks great.

one more thing though. Can you make bots work with this?

splewis 05-30-2014 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by versatile_bfg (Post 2144353)
You need to add this to make the updater plugin not required
PHP Code:

#undef REQUIRE_PLUGIN
#include <updater> 

Other than that the plugin looks great.

one more thing though. Can you make bots work with this?

Good point, I'll fix it shortly.

I experimented with bots, but found they wouldn't act intelligently at all on the multi-arena maps, so I decided it wasn't worth the effort. You can just remove IsFakeClient from a few places and get some bots. I thought about having a bot in the bottom arena if there are an odd # of players, but that's a bit trickier.

versatile_bfg 06-03-2014 08:05

Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.3.1, 2014-5-30)

It would also be good if you could release that !rank part as well. =)

cREANy0 06-03-2014 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by versatile_bfg (Post 2146157)

+1

maRoff 06-04-2014 17:51

It possibly to add language support?
What kind of gametype shoud be used at dedicated server?

boombee 06-04-2014 18:08

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cREANy0 (Post 2146393)
+1

+2

splewis 06-04-2014 23:04

Quote:

Well, there isn't much server logic in that. The reason it's removed (it's actually probably in the git repo history still, too) is that nothing happens on the game server, it's just a web page.

Here's the plugin code, if you're curious:

Code:

public Action:Command_Stats(client, args) {
    new String:arg1[32];
    if (args >= 1 && GetCmdArg(1, arg1, sizeof(arg1))) {
        new target = FindTarget(client, arg1, true, false);
        if (target != -1) {
            ShowStatsForPlayer(client, target);
        }
    } else {
        ShowStatsForPlayer(client, client);
    }

return Plugin_Handled;
}

public ShowStatsForPlayer(client, target) {
    decl String:url[255];
    Format(url, sizeof(url), "http://csgo1v1.splewis.net/redirect_stats/%d", GetSteamAccountID(target));
    ShowMOTDPanel(client, "Multi-1v1 Stats", url, MOTDPANEL_TYPE_URL);
}

Now, the logical response would be "can you open-source your website code too?". Well, I can, but probably won't. I'm not a web developer whatsoever, and my website was just thrown together as quickly as I could using python. (I'll die before I spend hours writing php and javascript)

I just googled randomly until I could get apache and flask to work. I'm probably the worst person to talk to about anything website-related.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maRoff (Post 2146930)
It possibly to add language support?
What kind of gametype shoud be used at dedicated server?

I'll see if I can do language support soon. The reason I didn't do it already is because I haven't figured out how to intermix it with colors in CS:GO yet. I'm sure it's not too hard, I just haven't found the right way to do it. (in fact, my coloring is hard-coded into the hex values in the plugin, which is gross). If someone can point me to the right include/library/version to do colors within translation strings I'd be so happy. From my cursory glance smlib won't work with GO and I couldn't tell which versions of color.inc would work.

As for gametypes - that's a good question. I launch things under competitive, but it shouldn't really matter. I should add a note that the cfg file packed cfg/sourcemod/multi1v1/game_cvars.cfg sets a bunch of cvars on map start, and you're free to edit it.

maRoff 06-05-2014 08:11

Thanks for quick reponse.
Language support it's not necessery now, but in future I think It should be.

This mod is very interesting. Now I'm creating server with this mod, because I can't test it on yours server, High Ping kicker kicks me.

splewis 06-06-2014 02:42

Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.3.2, 2014-6-05)

I learned the mysql table creation had a hidden typo that caused some crashing issues and I believe I have fixed it. (and actually tested it this time), so I bumped the version to 0.3.2. See https://github.com/splewis/csgo-multi-1v1/issues/5

dv9unknown 06-08-2014 17:55

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by splewis (Post 2147002)
Now, the logical response would be "can you open-source your website code too?". Well, I can, but probably won't. I'm not a web developer whatsoever, and my website was just thrown together as quickly as I could using python. (I'll die before I spend hours writing php and javascript)

I just googled randomly until I could get apache and flask to work. I'm probably the worst person to talk to about anything website-related.

I've created a quick a simple web interface for the stats. Check it out.
https://github.com/supimfuzzy/csgo-m...ree/master/web

dv9unknown 06-09-2014 16:21

The new Cvar 'sm_multi1v1_record_connect_time' doesn't seem to be working. Returns an unknown command from rcon.

Ownkruid 06-09-2014 16:50

EU server online: http://www.gametracker.com/server_in....92.195:27015/

DeatH.NL 06-09-2014 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by dv9unknown (Post 2148550)
I've created a quick a simple web interface for the stats. Check it out.

This works great!! However can you help compile the plugin?

I can't seem to get that one work..

dv9unknown 06-09-2014 19:43

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeatH.NL (Post 2149096)

Drop the file 'multi1v1.sp' and the folder 'multi1v1' into your scripts folder, then get the requires includes (SMLib and Updater) and run compile.exe.

Also updated the web interface with a top 15 leaderboard and faster loading times.

DeatH.NL 06-09-2014 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by dv9unknown (Post 2149104)
Drop the file 'multi1v1.sp' and the folder 'multi1v1' into your scripts folder, then get the requires includes (SMLib and Updater) and run compile.exe.

Also updated the web interface with a top 15 leaderboard and faster loading times.

I actually meant I need help with the stats / rank plugin. I can't seem to get that one to work.

splewis 06-09-2014 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by dv9unknown (Post 2149052)
The new Cvar 'sm_multi1v1_record_connect_time' doesn't seem to be working. Returns an unknown command from rcon.

Did you compile it from the git repo? It's a work in process for v0.4.0. Perhaps I should link to the readme for the last release tag from now on. It's live on my servers and working as intended there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeatH.NL (Post 2149096)

You should be more descriptive. What did you try? Personally, I develop stuff on linux so I can just use make and set spcomp to the sourcepawn compiler and everything is easy. I don't know the best way to do it from windows, but you should be able to do it the same way you compile any other plugin. (with the exception that you need smlib's includes)

EDIT: I wouldn't generally suggesting cloning the repo and putting it on a public server, I just do it when I'm fairly confident I didn't break anything

dv9unknown 06-09-2014 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by splewis (Post 2149117)
Did you compile it from the git repo? It's a work in process for v0.4.0. Perhaps I should link to the readme for the last release tag from now on. It's live on my servers and working as intended there.

I compiled it exactly the way I described in the comment below. I guess Ill try compiling it in Linux.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dv9unknown (Post 2149104)

splewis 06-10-2014 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by dv9unknown (Post 2149132)
I compiled it exactly the way I described in the comment below. I guess Ill try compiling it in Linux.

https://github.com/splewis/csgo-multi-1v1/blob/master/csgo/addons/sourcemod/scripting/multi1v1.sp#L140

The Cvar is called
Code:

sm_multi1v1_record_connect_times
note the s at the end :wink:

I tried playing with your php site, but my incompetence is making it hard for me to get it running, though I saw it in use on another server earlier, it looks good! I'll try to pull it in soon. I'll also have to think about how to organize the repo. I think I might follow sourcebans' idea of a game_upload directory with the plugin and a web_upload directory with the web interface, for releases at least.

Using the last connect time might be worth displaying if you want to (it's in seconds since the unix epoch, too), though I just store it to prevent squatters at the high ranks :p

Scuba 06-10-2014 15:02

Thank you for this plugin, it is awesome.

I would like to install it on my server, however I have one question.

Is there a way for me to toggle this plugin on and off, as well as the workshop collection??

I run a community of guys that all like to play a little bit of everything, and this 1v1 mode would be fun for us to play after meetings, but would like it to revert back to typical competitive mode afterwards.

Is this possible?

Thanks a bunch,

Scuba

dv9unknown 06-10-2014 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by splewis (Post 2149157)
https://github.com/splewis/csgo-multi-1v1/blob/master/csgo/addons/sourcemod/scripting/multi1v1.sp#L140

The Cvar is called
Code:

sm_multi1v1_record_connect_times
note the s at the end :wink:

I tried playing with your php site, but my incompetence is making it hard for me to get it running, though I saw it in use on another server earlier, it looks good! I'll try to pull it in soon. I'll also have to think about how to organize the repo. I think I might follow sourcebans' idea of a game_upload directory with the plugin and a web_upload directory with the web interface, for releases at least.

Using the last connect time might be worth displaying if you want to (it's in seconds since the unix epoch, too), though I just store it to prevent squatters at the high ranks :p

Yep, ATM, I'm implementing a feature to display if a user is active/inactive. I'm not sure how I am going to go about making the rate removal more admin-friendly since the PHP script is only run if the the page is viewed by a user. It is possible, but the admin would have to set up a cron job on their webserver to run the script and update the tables.

Edit: Regarding the site not running, all you have to do is set up the config.inc.php file with your MySQL credentials. It should be the same as it is in your Python program. The only thing you might, possibly, maybe have to change is the MySQL query in index.php and search.php. The default table name you gave was 'multi1v1_stats' but if you have that changed on your end all you need to do is replace all instances of 'multi1v1_stats' with whatever your table is names. I'll probably add that setting to the config.inc.php file.

Edit 2: Any specific errors you are getting?

splewis 06-10-2014 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by dv9unknown (Post 2149571)
Yep, ATM, I'm implementing a feature to display if a user is active/inactive. I'm not sure how I am going to go about making the rate removal more admin-friendly since the PHP script is only run if the the page is viewed by a user. It is possible, but the admin would have to set up a cron job on their webserver to run the script and update the tables.

Edit: Regarding the site not running, all you have to do is set up the config.inc.php file with your MySQL credentials. It should be the same as it is in your Python program. The only thing you might, possibly, maybe have to change is the MySQL query in index.php and search.php. The default table name you gave was 'multi1v1_stats' but if you have that changed on your end all you need to do is replace all instances of 'multi1v1_stats' with whatever your table is names. I'll probably add that setting to the config.inc.php file.

Edit 2: Any specific errors you are getting?

Don't worry about me yet, I'm pretty sure I'm setting up the configuration incorrectly, I'll let you know if I can't get it working though. (I was trying to showcase it on my website but it still displays the regular site, I'm probably forgetting something for apache)

With regards to the connection times, I pretty much do that. I have a cron job run once a day that does:

Code:

if elapsed_time_days > 1.0 and lastTime > 0 and rating > 1500.0:
            rating_loss = 40.0  * elapsed_time_days * (rating - 1500.0) / rating
            new_rating = rating - rating_loss
            # update rating in database

# update lastTime to current time

I only put this together yesterday, so the 40.0 is a arbitrary constant I might change. Make sure you check if lastTime != 0 since that's the default value. For backwards compatibility it won't be guaranteed to be recorded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuba (Post 2149494)
Thank you for this plugin, it is awesome.

I would like to install it on my server, however I have one question.

Is there a way for me to toggle this plugin on and off, as well as the workshop collection??

I run a community of guys that all like to play a little bit of everything, and this 1v1 mode would be fun for us to play after meetings, but would like it to revert back to typical competitive mode afterwards.

Is this possible?

Thanks a bunch,

Scuba

I see the use, I actually tested the plugin while waiting for friends to join my server for a 10-man. I'll work on a way to enable/disable the plugin, but it can be kinda tricky so it might be a little while. For the time being I can suggest adding https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=182086 and you can disable/enable the plugin with 1 console command and change map.

For map collections, I'm not sure what you mean. I don't see why you'd ever really want to "disable" using the workshop. I'd suggest making your own workshop collection and add whatever you want so you have full control.

dv9unknown 06-11-2014 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by splewis (Post 2149585)
With regards to the connection times, I pretty much do that. I have a cron job run once a day that does:

Code:

if elapsed_time_days > 1.0 and lastTime > 0 and rating > 1500.0:
            rating_loss = 40.0  * elapsed_time_days * (rating - 1500.0) / rating
            new_rating = rating - rating_loss
            # update rating in database

# update lastTime to current time

I only put this together yesterday, so the 40.0 is a arbitrary constant I might change. Make sure you check if lastTime != 0 since that's the default value. For backwards compatibility it won't be guaranteed to be recorded.

Okay, so I just finished adding the rate removal feature, added a variable in the config file to change the constant and made it so the file can only be accessed by the local machine and not any malicious user trying to remove people's points. ATM, I'm just polishing/changing stuff up.

splewis 06-11-2014 23:31

I believe the recent update broke the CS_SetClientClanTag(client, tag); function for Windows (my linux server is fine). If you want your server back ASAP I would suggest commenting out that function and recompiling.

It's in SetupPlayer of multi1v1.sp.

The gamedata from sourcemod should update to fix that function pretty soon.

Prime247cs 06-13-2014 17:57

Sorry for me question and hopefully noone comes with the RTFM :P

I am new to GO, old to 1.6 and this was friggin hard a few weeks ago. Now I have alot bigger understanding of how sourcemod works but still, I need help. I have googeled I have searched this forum and I have gone blind to find what I seek.

I get this plugin to work with standard maps like dust2 and so on, but as soon as I add workshop maps the server hibernates. Anyone kind out there whant to give me a point in the right direction?? Would appreciate it very much :)

Prime

dv9unknown 06-13-2014 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prime247cs (Post 2151276)

I am new to GO, old to 1.6 and this was friggin hard a few weeks ago. Now I have alot bigger understanding of how sourcemod works but still, I need help. I have googeled I have searched this forum and I have gone blind to find what I seek.

I get this plugin to work with standard maps like dust2 and so on, but as soon as I add workshop maps the server hibernates. Anyone kind out there whant to give me a point in the right direction?? Would appreciate it very much :)

Prime

You're in the wrong subforum. Try "sv_hibernate_when_empty 0".

Getting back on topic, this has probably been suggested before, but a feature where players can request to 1v1 another player in a private arena would be nice. Ranking could optionally be disabled in there.

Scuba 06-13-2014 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by splewis (Post 2149585)
I see the use, I actually tested the plugin while waiting for friends to join my server for a 10-man. I'll work on a way to enable/disable the plugin, but it can be kinda tricky so it might be a little while. For the time being I can suggest adding https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=182086 and you can disable/enable the plugin with 1 console command and change map.

For map collections, I'm not sure what you mean. I don't see why you'd ever really want to "disable" using the workshop. I'd suggest making your own workshop collection and add whatever you want so you have full control.

Thank you for that disable/enable plugin, that is sufficient for my use.

With respect to the workshop, what I mean was, is there a way to switch collections back and forth? Im afraid if I have my standard collection I'm already subscribed to, and I add all of the 1v1 maps to my collection, then when it switches, someone will have to enable the plugin, no? Or can the plugin automatically be turned on upon switching the server to a 1v1 map? That would be the ideal situation, have it shut off upon switching maps, and turn on automatically when one of the 1v1 maps is loaded.

dv9unknown 06-13-2014 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuba (Post 2151296)
Thank you for that disable/enable plugin, that is sufficient for my use.

With respect to the workshop, what I mean was, is there a way to switch collections back and forth? Im afraid if I have my standard collection I'm already subscribed to, and I add all of the 1v1 maps to my collection, then when it switches, someone will have to enable the plugin, no? Or can the plugin automatically be turned on upon switching the server to a 1v1 map? That would be the ideal situation, have it shut off upon switching maps, and turn on automatically when one of the 1v1 maps is loaded.

Take a look here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=62087

splewis 06-13-2014 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prime247cs (Post 2151276)

Prime

One issue I have with workshop maps is that sometimes I need to delete the csgo/subscribed_* files (subscribed_file_ids.txt and subscribed_file_collections.txt or something similar, I forget the exact names.)

I'll have to think about the private arena idea... I'm not sure how well it would mesh with a public server. (I generally try to delineate whether I envision a plugin running publicly or privately).

I mulled over trying microsoft's true skill system instead of elo but quickly realized I didn't want to implement a bunch of numerical recipes in a sourcemod plugin. (cumulative error function, cumulative Gaussian function...). The elo stuff works in 2 lines while this would take at least 200. :shock:

I'm also thinking about scrapping the ladder-arena approach and do matching differently. This could allow for things to happen quicker than every 30 seconds, though I'm not sure if I need to hide blood or dead bodies to prevent the arenas from becoming a confusing mess.

On that note, I am probably going to make some slightly backwards-incompatible changes going forward, but I will leave the 0.3.2 release on github and will use a separate updater directory so nobody gets screwed over by it. The changes would likely include: assuming the existence of the lastTime field in the table and removing the default rating cvar.

Prime247cs 06-14-2014 17:03

dv9unknown and splewis. Thanks for your help. I did both and it worked :)

splewis, thanks for this awesome plugin, runs great :) Will be using this much so will come with feeback with issues or ideas to make in leaner ;)

Prime

splewis 06-14-2014 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prime247cs (Post 2151747)
dv9unknown and splewis. Thanks for your help. I did both and it worked :)

splewis, thanks for this awesome plugin, runs great :) Will be using this much so will come with feeback with issues or ideas to make in leaner ;)

Prime

Glad to hear it. :)

The CS_SetClientClanTag should work again (at least it automatically updated the gamedata to work on my windows server), so you can put that back in if you want to.

I'm probably not going to make drastic changes anytime soon, but the 0.4.x versions should be a bit cleaner. (and include dv9's web interface!) :wink:

Edit: some notes on the web stuff:

I get really slow performance loading the main page, I haven't quite figured out why yet. I went ahead and made some stylistic spacing consistency changes since I found it hard to read, but I don't plan on editing it that much. One probably insignificant suggestion, should
Code:

$totalplayers = mysql_num_rows(mysql_query("SELECT * FROM $mysql_table"));

be

Code:

$totalplayers = mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM $mysql_table");
or something similar (that way it avoids a select * over the entire table)?

maRoff 06-15-2014 01:55

I'm waiting for new version ;)

I have one other question:
Why in server browser I have:
workshop/252790660/aim_beach_v7

http://cache.www.gametracker.com/ser...FFF_000000.png

but You have only: /251121916/am_must

I read that valve remove "workshop" from map name, but I still have it.
I starting server with workshop collection:
Code:

+host_workshop_collection 249376192

splewis 06-15-2014 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by maRoff (Post 2151899)
I'm waiting for new version ;)

I have one other question:
Why in server browser I have:
workshop/252790660/aim_beach_v7

http://cache.www.gametracker.com/ser...FFF_000000.png

but You have only: /251121916/am_must

I read that valve remove "workshop" from map name, but I still have it.
I starting server with workshop collection:
Code:

+host_workshop_collection 249376192

I have no idea what determines if the "workshop" prefix is removed or not, I've never changed anything to get it removed. I use the same launch option as you, though.

dv9unknown 06-15-2014 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by splewis (Post 2151769)
I get really slow performance loading the main page, I haven't quite figured out why yet. I went ahead and made some stylistic spacing consistency changes since I found it hard to read, but I don't plan on editing it that much. One probably insignificant suggestion, should
Code:

$totalplayers = mysql_num_rows(mysql_query("SELECT * FROM $mysql_table"));

be

Code:

$totalplayers = mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM $mysql_table");
or something similar (that way it avoids a select * over the entire table)?

Yeah, I recently made that change locally. What parts exactly are taking long to load? Is it the whole page or just the stuff that uses the Steam API (profile picture, online status)? Before I switched to cURL from get_file_contents, the load times were about 5-6 seconds.

This is what I have set up atm. Load times are usually around 0.5 seconds.
http://107.181.129.39/1v1/

dv9unknown 06-16-2014 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by splewis (Post 2151350)
I'll have to think about the private arena idea... I'm not sure how well it would mesh with a public server. (I generally try to delineate whether I envision a plugin running publicly or privately).

I don't know which part you see causing a problem with the public arenas, but you could have it so there's only a certain number of private arenas that way not all people are in private arenas. Everything else could work the same, except those two players will always be against each other.

Was just a just a thought I had because a lot of people were asking about it. No real rush for it since you're working on the new rating system, just a suggestion for the future.

aroo 06-17-2014 14:21

Hi, I am fairly new to this, just bought a server from gameservers.com and downloaded the required mods. Where do I put the mapcycle.txt and how do I run the 1v1 arena after I have it all extracted into my server?

Also, is there any beginner guides you would recommend?

Thanks!

maRoff 06-17-2014 15:57

https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Installing_SourceMod
https://wiki.alliedmods.net/SourceMod_Configuration

Install plugin (Plugin Loading):
https://wiki.alliedmods.net/SourceMod_Configuration

Put mapcycle.txt in:
Code:

csgo/mapcycle.txt
Put maps in maps folder.

redf0x 06-19-2014 22:06

OP is a god damn genius for making this plugin.