AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   SourceMod Anti-Cheat (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   ban lists (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=187579)

TwOzCaR 06-15-2012 05:58

ban lists

SMAC is now going to contain all the hardcore cheaters from Easy Anti Cheat official Ban List

and the new SMAC module smac_eac_banlist.smx will check the joining steamid on eac & vac ban list and remove if the account has cheating infraction from vac or eac ban list.

it is at beta stage atm, but will go official in a moment.

the smac.log will look like: L 00/00/0000 - 00:00:00: [smac_eac_banlist.smx] mr_miyagi (ID: STEAM_0:0:0| IP: 0.0.0.0) is on the EAC global banlist.

from tw0z regards.

TheAvengers2 06-15-2012 06:35

Re: announcement

I've already been using it. It's looking good. :P

One thing to note is this new module has a cvar for those wanting to toggle kicks on players VAC'd from a different game. The cvar smac_eac_vac appears to be defaulted to off for now. If you'd like to kick these players, you must add the cvar to your SMAC.cfg.

TH3.BUG 06-15-2012 08:19

I'm testing now, too :)

Looks like i could clean up my bans-database (which contains just 31k players :P) a bit...

GoD-Tony 06-15-2012 09:29

This isn't really how I planned on introducing a new module (no documentation, what is EAC, why should it be trusted, etc), and changes still need to be made before it can be properly released.

As always, development builds are "use at your own risk", and more information won't be available (from me) until an official release is made.

TheAvengers2 06-15-2012 09:37

Hahaha. What can I say, TwOzCaR got excited. Can't blame him. :P

I know you were planning on something more elaborate. Have you decided on what to do with the KAC module?

TwOzCaR 06-15-2012 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAvengers2 (Post 1729210)
Hahaha. What can I say, TwOzCaR got excited. Can't blame him. :P

ofc i got excited its big news for the anti cheat community :D

GoD-Tony 06-20-2012 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAvengers2 (Post 1729210)
Have you decided on what to do with the KAC module?

I decided that all banlists are going to have an option to disable automatic kicks, while still notifying admins and logging. The banlists can then be used as a tool alongside the other modules to help detect cheaters, even if trust is a concern.

TheAvengers2 06-20-2012 11:37

Re: ban lists

Do you plan on adding a command so players can be excluded from checking? The way you have the EAC banlist setup would make it exceedingly easy to do. Based on my observations, not all players on the KAC banlist were actually banned for cheating. Some were banned purely for being malicious, such as exploiting bugs to crash servers or trying to DDoS Kigen. I'm sure there's some server owner out there whose friends with these people. :P

GoD-Tony 06-20-2012 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAvengers2 (Post 1732465)
Do you plan on adding a command so players can be excluded from checking?

I don't plan on adding a command, but all banlist kicks pass through the SMAC_OnCheatDetected forward and can be blocked from there.

Nolongerinthegame 06-20-2012 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAvengers2 (Post 1732465)
Do you plan on adding a command so players can be excluded from checking? The way you have the EAC banlist setup would make it exceedingly easy to do. Based on my observations, not all players on the KAC banlist were actually banned for cheating. Some were banned purely for being malicious, such as exploiting bugs to crash servers or trying to DDoS Kigen. I'm sure there's some server owner out there whose friends with these people. :P

If they were exploiting or Dosing a server, thats just as bad as cheating. Who would want those people to play on your server?