AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   [CSS] How do you remove the round time limit? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=126751)

Teraku 05-13-2010 07:37

[CSS] How do you remove the round time limit?

I've looked everywhere, but all I get is irrelevant topics.

How do you disable the round time limit in Counter Strike: Source? I'm running CSSDM, but it just won't work the way I want it to with the round time limit still there. I can't set it to anything higher than 9 minutes, or I would've done so already.

Is there a plugin for it somewhere or something?

Splizes 05-13-2010 07:44

Re: [CSS] How do you remove the round time limit?

Have you checked the server.cfg (cstrike/cfg/server.cfg) for the setting mp_timelimit? This should allow you to set the time limit to whatever you like.

KyleS 05-13-2010 08:24

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=715239

There's also a rather unstable extension posted somewhere, I'll dig it up if the above doesn't work for you (I'd try altex's version, then the original if it doesn't work as desired).

Forlix 05-13-2010 10:03

You just need a plugin that does this on plugin start:

Code:

SetConVarBounds(FindConVar("mp_roundtime"), ConVarBound_Upper, true, 90.0);
Then you can set the mp_roundtime in your server.cfg up to 90 minutes.
I once tried out how high it could get, at some point (i believe somewhere over 100 minutes) the clients would start crashing because of the HUD display, but it definitely works safely up to 90 minutes. I use this for CSS soccer with 20 minutes roundtime.

Teraku 05-13-2010 10:44

The problem isn't the map time limit, but the round time limit. I want to run a CSSDM dedicated server but I can't make the round time limit (mp_roundtime) higher than 9 (minutes). And I've seen plenty of servers without a time limit at all. I can't remember if the timer wasn't there at all or if it was frozen to zero.

Forlix 05-13-2010 10:55

This is for round time, read my post again.

You can also stop the round end caused by timeout if its a de_ or cs_ map, I think you need to remove the objectives (delete the hostages, not sure what to do for de_) then the time will run to zero and nothing will happen (round will not end).

Dr!fter 05-13-2010 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teraku (Post 1179138)
The problem isn't the map time limit, but the round time limit. I want to run a CSSDM dedicated server but I can't make the round time limit (mp_roundtime) higher than 9 (minutes). And I've seen plenty of servers without a time limit at all. I can't remember if the timer wasn't there at all or if it was frozen to zero.

Remove the map objectives for round not to end. Then when the timer hits 0:00 it will stay there until one entire team dies (for example all t's die) Theres also a extension that patchs it even if all the players on one team die. Cant recall which one it is.

Teraku 05-14-2010 12:02

Thanks, I got it working now. A simple script in Stripper: Source. And that plugin that keeps the round going even when everyone is dead works flawlessly, too.

Teraku 05-14-2010 12:26

Apparently, it works for about 1 minute. I want to have a DM in cs_office, but for some reason, the round still ends after about a minute after the timer is 0. The hostage entities have been removed.

Also, for some reason, cssdm_ffa_enabled 1 doesn't work. It's still team-based.

blodia 05-14-2010 13:55

on the steam forums css beta bug list thread i requested a cvar for stopping the round ending when everyone on a single team is dead, it shouldn't be difficult to implement.

Teraku did you remove the hostage rescue zones aswell? on de maps you need to remove the bombsites.