AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   New Plugin Submissions (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Ultimate Chat + Addons (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=236576)

chaves 06-04-2016 16:24

Re: Ultimate Chat + Addons
 
why did not a single plugin with all resources?

Black Rose 06-08-2016 18:00

Re: Ultimate Chat + Addons
 
Easier for me to code and manage. There's no huge room for performance increases. You will never notice a difference either way. And then I'd rather keep the code clean and easy.
There are other chat plugins that combine functions within the same plugin, like iChat. You should use the ony that fits you best. You don't have to use mine.

mahmoodi.1313 08-06-2016 05:42

Re: Ultimate Chat + Addons
 
Why can't i see players chat in spectator?

blood2k 11-10-2016 16:56

Re: Ultimate Chat + Addons
 
I tried the ultimate chat tags and it doesn't auto create the .ini file. So I created it.. but it seems not to load any tags that I've specified. Is this still functioning?

georgik57 11-10-2016 17:17

Re: Ultimate Chat + Addons
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blood2k (Post 2469229)
I tried the ultimate chat tags and it doesn't auto create the .ini file. So I created it.. but it seems not to load any tags that I've specified. Is this still functioning?

Worked fine for me. Both the creation and reading.

Black Rose 11-12-2016 08:25

Re: Ultimate Chat + Addons
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blood2k (Post 2469229)
I tried the ultimate chat tags and it doesn't auto create the .ini file. So I created it.. but it seems not to load any tags that I've specified. Is this still functioning?

File reading and/or writing functions are not related to the game engine and are basically just wrappers for the same functions in C so there's no reason they would stop working ever.
Could it be related to some kind of file permission problem?

Do you have any errors in the logs?
Does the plugin show when you write "amxx plugins" or "amx_plugins"?
If it does and you don't have any errors, please post the .ini.

blood2k 11-12-2016 10:06

Re: Ultimate Chat + Addons
 
Sorry, I was trying this on my work laptop and it wasn't working... I might have spoke too soon. I installed it at home onto my VPS and everything worked. However, my name is now being overlapped with the tag. It basically doesn't show my message in chat just a bunch of overlapping words. I've set the tag from pre to post, still does it.

Another thing.. does this only look at users 1 particular flag? Or accumulative ?

Cause my super admin shares basically every flag with regular admin and VIP.. so it keeps tagging everyone as VIP regardless if they are admin/super-admin or VIP.

Black Rose 11-13-2016 06:05

Re: Ultimate Chat + Addons
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blood2k (Post 2469570)
Sorry, I was trying this on my work laptop and it wasn't working... I might have spoke too soon. I installed it at home onto my VPS and everything worked. However, my name is now being overlapped with the tag. It basically doesn't show my message in chat just a bunch of overlapping words. I've set the tag from pre to post, still does it.

Could you please explain more what you mean by this. I don't understand.
Also, how long is your name and tag(s)? I wanna try to recreate the problem so I can add boundaries if necessary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blood2k (Post 2469570)
Another thing.. does this only look at users 1 particular flag? Or accumulative ?

Cause my super admin shares basically every flag with regular admin and VIP.. so it keeps tagging everyone as VIP regardless if they are admin/super-admin or VIP.

You need a difference in flags to tell them apart obviously.
It will check if the player flags contains any of the selected level flags and if it matches it will stop and not continue to the next level.
For example. If the player has flags "abc" and you check for "cde" it will return true on "c".
I can edit it to force it to match ALL of the selected flags.

If you want help with setting the flags up, share the flags of the different levels and I will help you.

blood2k 11-14-2016 03:25

Re: Ultimate Chat + Addons
 
I used a short name and a long name to show how it still overlapped when I wrote a message.
https://i.imgsafe.org/9659cc97e7.png
https://i.imgsafe.org/9659de43ed.png

This was the only one cvars I was using.. just to test it for you again.

uc_tag_level1_pre "[SUPER ADMIN]
uc_tag_level1_flags "t"
.


However my actual flags as you asked:

abcdefghijklmnopqrstu - Super Admin
abintujs - VIP
abcdeintujsl - ADMIN+VIP


As you see VIP and ADMIN+VIP share almost the same flags.

and the superadmin has ALL of them.

georgik57 11-14-2016 05:12

Re: Ultimate Chat + Addons
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Rose (Post 2469807)
I can edit it to force it to match ALL of the selected flags.

Please do so. It would make it much easier for the user.

Also, I've noticed a problem. The say_team messages are not formatted against localization(#Cstrike_GIGN_Label, etc) and the %s0 exploit, unlike the say ones.
Please look into it and fix. Thanks.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.