AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Extensions (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   SendProxy Manager (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=169795)

asherkin 01-08-2019 11:26

Re: SendProxy Manager

Quote:

Originally Posted by sazonische (Post 2633662)

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 2540106)
You need to set sv_parallel_packentities to 0.

Mitchell 01-08-2019 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by sazonische (Post 2633662)

I've had crashes in the past with faking the team number with sendproxy. Try unhooking the client at round end. Although I don't know why you need DHooks to unhook the client from the proxy either. Also can't remember but I also had issues while unhooking clients that may have not been hooked by the proxy in the first place crashing the server.
EDIT:
forgot asherkin also posted this fix for my issue a while back also.

Inopt 01-15-2019 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by shavit (Post 2578690)
If anyone ever picks up the development of SendProxy Manager again, a feature I'd personally love to see would be to modify tables per-player, i.e.

Sorry for necroposting, but probably this will be useful for you or somebody else, I added this functionality for some my simple plugin, but be careful, it was tested only in tf2 :roll:

Mitchell 01-15-2019 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inopt (Post 2634849)
Sorry for necroposting, but probably this will be useful for you or somebody else, I added this functionality for some my simple plugin, but be careful, it was tested only in tf2 :roll:

Have you noticed any extra strain on the server after this?

Inopt 01-15-2019 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 2634868)
Have you noticed any extra strain on the server after this?

Yes ofc, it is the reason why I made some little asm optimization in tf2, later I'll make same for csgo too, now I try to reverse engineering csgo windows binary for better understanding valve code...https://i.imgur.com/d80lQRw.png

So, with this extension modification CGameServer::SendClientMessages function can be called up to ~32 times in tf2 and ~64 in csgo instead of 1 call per frame. :roll:

hmmmmm 01-15-2019 11:59

:O Amazing work, possibilities with this are endless

SHUFEN 01-17-2019 01:58

Obviously the server will have a high SV (like 200~, unplayable game) when load sendproxy.ext with 64 players. (Latest commit 3afa682)
Do I need to give up for using sendproxy of paralleled version?
Or have you planning to optimize this extension?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inopt (Post 2634878)
Yes ofc, it is the reason why I made some little asm optimization in tf2, later I'll make same for csgo too, now I try to reverse engineering csgo windows binary for better understanding valve code...https://i.imgur.com/d80lQRw.png

So, with this extension modification CGameServer::SendClientMessages function can be called up to ~32 times in tf2 and ~64 in csgo instead of 1 call per frame. :roll:

Inopt 01-17-2019 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHUFEN.jp (Post 2635108)
Obviously the server will have a high SV (like 200~, unplayable game) when load sendproxy.ext with 64 players. (Latest commit 3afa682)
Do I need to give up for using sendproxy of paralleled version?
Or have you planning to optimize this extension?

I didn't understand your question.
You can use whichever you need. If you only need to fake value for all clients, you can use old sendproxy version from SlidyBat's github, if you need to fake values for each client, you can use 1.3 version of sendproxy manager extension.
Actual sendproxy manager will increase CPU usage of your server because it calls hooks for each client individually.

> Or have you planning to optimize this extension?

I think there no way to optimize it more. I don't see any way to optimize it better for now.

SHUFEN 01-17-2019 10:04

>> I think there no way to optimize it more. I don't see any way to optimize it better for now.

As I thought... I was making a plugin for send fake values for each client.
But maybe I should ditch my project.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inopt (Post 2635146)
I didn't understand your question.
You can use whichever you need. If you only need to fake value for all clients, you can use old sendproxy version from SlidyBat's github, if you need to fake values for each client, you can use 1.3 version of sendproxy manager extension.
Actual sendproxy manager will increase CPU usage of your server because it calls hooks for each client individually.

> Or have you planning to optimize this extension?

I think there no way to optimize it more. I don't see any way to optimize it better for now.

Dragokas 01-25-2019 12:13

Hi, Inopt!
Many thanks for the update.

What is a minimal requirements?

Builder log:
Spoiler

Configuration:
PHP Code:

#!/usr/bin/env bash

export CC=clang
export CXX
=clang++

rm -rf build
mkdir build
cd build
python 
../configure.py --hl2sdk-root=/home/alex/dev/sm/ --mms-path=/home/alex/dev/meta/ --sm-path=/home/alex/dev/sm/sourcemod/ --sdks=tf2 --enable-optimize

ambuild 

meta 1.10, sm 1.9