AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Source Servers (SRCDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Need help with the var values of CS: GO servers (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=318071)

ongz1337 08-12-2019 14:41

Need help with the var values of CS: GO servers
 
Now I have 2 servers. Dedicated servers.
First server:
CPU: E3-1230 V2 @ 3.3 GHz (not overclocking)
Ram: DDR3 16GB (1333 MHz)
SSD: SATA 240GB
Network: 1Gbps (shared within the rack but peak Download 300Mb / Upload 800Mb)

Second server:
CPU: I7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz (Overclocking)
Ram: DDR3 16GB (1600 MHz)
SSD: SATA 240GB
Network: 1Gbps (Share within Rack but peak Download 900Mb / Upload 900Mb)

And I have a plan to do 1 server
CPU: I7-8700K @ 4.7 GHz (Overclocking)
Ram: DDR4 16GB (2666 - 3200 MHz) (waiting for decision)
SSD: NVMe 250GB (Samsung 970 EVO)
Network: 1Gbps (Share inside the Rack but peak Download? Mb / Upload? Mb)

I find the problem is why my server has a higher var value than other people's servers, such as the community server at var 0.001 - 0.100, but my server is at 0.300 - 1.000.

In the sv CPU: E3-1230 V2 is shown at 3.X-4.X (Peak 5.X)
CPU: I7-4790 displayed at 2.X-3.X (Peak 4.X)
Which I think is normal

My server is open with 128 Tick. The minimum number of players is 12 Slots (PUG Server).

How can I fix it?

TomL. 08-12-2019 14:54

Re: Need help with the var values of CS: GO servers
 
What operating system are you using?

Maxximou5 08-12-2019 17:24

Re: Need help with the var values of CS: GO servers
 
First server can experience the issue but the second server shouldn't.
Have you set any of these servers for performance and the same to your power settings?

ongz1337 08-13-2019 09:09

Re: Need help with the var values of CS: GO servers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TomL. (Post 2663011)
What operating system are you using?

Windows Server 2012 R2

ongz1337 08-13-2019 09:10

Re: Need help with the var values of CS: GO servers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxximou5 (Post 2663017)
First server can experience the issue but the second server shouldn't.
Have you set any of these servers for performance and the same to your power settings?

Both dedicated server I have already set to High performance.

TomL. 08-13-2019 11:52

Re: Need help with the var values of CS: GO servers
 
Under Windows the var value is usually higher but it's not a big deal.
If you want 0.0xx you should use linux.

work11 08-13-2019 13:43

Re: Need help with the var values of CS: GO servers
 
I have weird lag even though i have a powerful PC and i have tried some stuff. MY fps is GOOD =)! But guys, my Var and sv in the netgraph thing are bad. It goes yellow sometimes, so it jitters/lags... Ping and FPS is fine.

What is the problem, how to fix? Please help... -

ongz1337 08-14-2019 06:29

Re: Need help with the var values of CS: GO servers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TomL. (Post 2663080)
Under Windows the var value is usually higher but it's not a big deal.
If you want 0.0xx you should use linux.

I've used E3-1240 V2, which runs on Windows Server 2008 R2. The var value is about 0.001 - 0.200.
But that server is a VPS.

ongz1337 08-14-2019 06:30

Re: Need help with the var values of CS: GO servers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by work11 (Post 2663089)
I have weird lag even though i have a powerful PC and i have tried some stuff. MY fps is GOOD =)! But guys, my Var and sv in the netgraph thing are bad. It goes yellow sometimes, so it jitters/lags... Ping and FPS is fine.

What is the problem, how to fix? Please help... -

What specification of your server?

TomL. 08-14-2019 07:23

Re: Need help with the var values of CS: GO servers
 
Have you tried using Windows Server 2008 R2 rather than 2012 R2?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.