AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Scripting (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   [CSGO] Multi 1v1-Arena BOT (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=322907)

waldorf 04-07-2020 08:33

[CSGO] Multi 1v1-Arena BOT
 
Hello, im running a 1v1-Arena server with Splewis's Multi1v1-plugin.

There are times when odd amount of players are on the server, so someone is always without opponent.

So i've been thinking if there's any way to add bot to join when someone is having no opponent - just to play the round with somebody and not just wait all the other arenas to end. The bot could either be in spectator mode or just join every time theres odd amount of players on the server and disconnect with even amount of humans.

I tried to google and search this site, but couldn't find anything.

8guawong 04-07-2020 09:01

Re: [CSGO] Multi 1v1-Arena BOT
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by waldorf (Post 2691394)
Hello, im running a 1v1-Arena server with Splewis's Multi1v1-plugin.

There are times when odd amount of players are on the server, so someone is always without opponent.

So i've been thinking if there's any way to add bot to join when someone is having no opponent - just to play the round with somebody and not just wait all the other arenas to end. The bot could either be in spectator mode or just join every time theres odd amount of players on the server and disconnect with even amount of humans.

I tried to google and search this site, but couldn't find anything.

good idea but this probably will not work since most am_ maps have no .nav for bot to use
so even if you spawn a bot they won't be able to move

waldorf 04-07-2020 10:45

Re: [CSGO] Multi 1v1-Arena BOT
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8guawong (Post 2691397)
good idea but this probably will not work since most am_ maps have no .nav for bot to use
so even if you spawn a bot they won't be able to move

What if i just generate .nav in workshop with only one bot? Do you think that would work? And if, would you have any tips how to make this bot work as an "as-needed-opponent"?

8guawong 04-07-2020 11:02

Re: [CSGO] Multi 1v1-Arena BOT
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by waldorf (Post 2691434)
What if i just generate .nav in workshop with only one bot? Do you think that would work?

i donno you can try it

Quote:

Originally Posted by waldorf (Post 2691434)
And if, would you have any tips how to make this bot work as an "as-needed-opponent"?

what do you mean by "as-needed-opponent"?

waldorf 04-07-2020 11:09

Re: [CSGO] Multi 1v1-Arena BOT
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8guawong (Post 2691437)
what do you mean by "as-needed-opponent"?

I mean what i asked first: bot to join when needed (when odd amount of players).

8guawong 04-07-2020 12:00

Re: [CSGO] Multi 1v1-Arena BOT
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by waldorf (Post 2691442)
I mean what i asked first: bot to join when needed (when odd amount of players).

probably not hard to spawn a bot for players without opponents but like i said it probably won't function at all

zipcore 04-07-2020 12:08

Re: [CSGO] Multi 1v1-Arena BOT
 
the bot doesn't need to walk around just give him aimbot of doom

waldorf 04-07-2020 12:46

Re: [CSGO] Multi 1v1-Arena BOT
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8guawong (Post 2691478)
probably not hard to spawn a bot for players without opponents but like i said it probably won't function at all

Yeah, could be, but i'll give it a try - but do you happen to have any tips how to do this?
One way is just to make the bot stay on server all the time, because it will hardly kill anyone. However IF a bot manages to kill someone, it will build itself up in the arena ladder, so again someone will get no opponent.

waldorf 04-07-2020 12:47

Re: [CSGO] Multi 1v1-Arena BOT
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zipcore (Post 2691485)
the bot doesn't need to walk around just give him aimbot of doom

This would be a huge motivator to stay up in arenas :D

[email protected] 04-07-2020 12:59

Re: [CSGO] Multi 1v1-Arena BOT
 
i have test to create nav file and add bot problem is that bot do not come in same arena as u are,
they come in random arena with no arena number tag in bots name
and it was years ago the owner did write about it and did say he couldn't figure it out


https://github.com/splewis/csgo-multi-1v1/issues/93


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:30.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.