AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [Hidden:Source] ScuzTools Spectator Hidden Trail (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=80492)

Scuzzy 11-13-2008 22:49

[Hidden:Source] ScuzTools Spectator Hidden Trail

2 Attachment(s)
Written for Hidden:Source Beta 4b

Code:

/*
 * [Hidden:Source] ScuzTools Hidden Color Trail v1.0
 * Description:
 *  Makes Subject 617 visible to the spectator team as a color trail which also tells them the health of the hidden.  Green=good, yellow/orange=not so good, red=almost dead.
 * Changelog
 *  v1.0.0
 *  Initial release.
 *  v1.0.1
 *  Moved max client call to mapstart.
 *  v1.0.2
 *  Reorganized Clean Client to try and fix trail bug.
*/

Saw something like this on a private server and was turned down by the author to be allowed to use it. So, I wrote my own. Big time thanks to SAMURAI16 for all his help in learning to use the BeamFollow command.

The hidden will be Green when they have little to no damage, yellow/orange when they have take around half to 60%, and Red when things are getting bad.

Known Bugs:
(Might be fixed) Occasionally the trail will follow a player after they are hidden and become Iris. I've tried to combat this by using the KillPlayerAttachments function, but even though the Timer creating the trail is toast and the trail really should fade, it does not. It eventually does go away, but can be a distraction sometimes.
Example Picture (ovr_docks, with one damaged hidden and one not so damaged hidden):
http://www.oldtimersclan.com/post_img/hidden_spec.jpg

paegus 11-14-2008 05:09

Re: [Hidden:Source] ScuzTools Spectator Hidden Trail

just so you know, GetMaxClients() in OnPluginStart() is unreliable when the server is re-starting since it returns 0 for some reason.

console:
Code:

L 11/14/2008 - 11:14:11: -------- Mapchange to hdn_docks --------
[Trailers] [OnPluginStart] MaxClients: 0
couldn't exec skill1.cfg
Executing dedicated server config file
Error: Material "sprites/bubble" : proxy "AnimatedTexture" not found!
Error: Material "sprites/glow_test02" : proxy "lampbeam" not found!
[Trailers] [OnMapStart] MaxClients: 9
appdatacache.cpp (311) : Assertion Failed: !"Implement me"
Server logging enabled.

hsm_trailers.sp
Code:

public OnPluginStart()
{

g_iMaxClients = GetMaxClients();
        PrintToServer("[Trailers] [OnPluginStart] MaxClients: %i", g_iMaxClients);
}

public OnMapStart()
{
        g_iHiddenTrail = PrecacheModel("materials/sprites/crystal_beam1.vmt");
        g_iMaxClients = GetMaxClients();
        PrintToServer("[Trailers] [OnMapStart] MaxClients: %i", g_iMaxClients);
}

Scuzzy 11-14-2008 06:26

Fixed. :) Thanks!

Edit: hsm_trailers.sp? Is that a copy of the plugin I saw, or did you start writing own version too after he said no in the hidden-source forums?

Scuzzy

paegus 11-14-2008 07:42

started it ages ago but got stuck on the beams not disappearing on round-start and lost motivation.

e: you forgot to move the timer array clear as well. though aren't they automatically INVALID_HANDLE when you create them?

Scuzzy 11-14-2008 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by paegus (Post 713759)
started it ages ago but got stuck on the beams not disappearing on round-start and lost motivation.

e: you forgot to move the timer array clear as well. though aren't they automatically INVALID_HANDLE when you create them?

I didn't move that because it's just the initial run, it doesn't really need to happen on map-change. When a round begins it'll clear out anything that may exist from previous rounds, even after a map change.

We found in testing last night that the beams usually only when the hidden wins. If the hidden dies, he doesn't get a trail. Gonna try a few ways to get that fixed tonight...

Scuzzy

Chris-_- 11-14-2008 17:54

Support for TF2?

Scuzzy 11-14-2008 19:17

This is fairly game specific to Hidden... not sure what benefit it would give you in TF2. Can you tell me exactly what you'd see this being used for?

Scuzzy

Lebson506th 11-14-2008 19:19

Think he wants the trail with HP-based color.

Chris, look for the Evil Admin: Trails plugin. It does team color, but you might be able to request an hp-color.

Grifza 06-07-2009 08:58

Were the trail issues ever fixed?

I'd like to run the plugin, but not if there are still the issues mentioned above involved...

:|

B!PP 09-26-2009 10:45

I'm gonna remove the plugin from the FrenchieFresh server, seen that sometimes the trail stays :

[IMG]http://img43.**************/img43/8990/buguw.jpg[/IMG]