AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CS:GO] Murder (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=307502)

LenHard 05-13-2018 02:15

[CS:GO] Murder

1 Attachment(s)
Description

A gamemode of deception and murder, based off of Murder in the Dark.
One person is a murderer with a knife, who is trying to secretly kill off the other players.
The other players must use their wits to find out who it is and kill them first.
Unfortunately they only have the one gun between them. (Source)

Instructions

After adding all the files in the correct places, you need to add a MySQL database to make the plugin work. Go to configs/databases.cfg and add "Murder" with your own database information.

Example:
Code:

"Murder"
{
        "driver"                        "default"
        "host"                                "YourHost"
        "database"                        "YourDatabase"
        "user"                                "YourUser"
        "pass"                                "YourPassword"
        //"timeout"                        "0"
        "port"                                "3306"
}

To add or modify the prop models or voice commands; go to configs/Murder/Props.cfg or Radio.cfg and follow the format.

Example:
Code:

"Props"
{
        "Model name"
        {
                "model"                "model's path"
        }
}

Code:

"Radio"
{
        "Sound name"
        {
                "sound"                "sound's path"
        }
}

All the models you could use are here. Some of them don't work.

ConVars
Spoiler

Natives
Spoiler

Credits

Bara - Grabber Mod
paegus - Double Jump
I forgot who else.. If I used your code, let me know, so I could credit you.

iGANGNAM 05-13-2018 11:18

Re: [CS:GO] Murder

what kind of maps for this? same as ttt?

Mitchell 05-13-2018 19:45

Seems a bit of a waste of a needing a database for something that can be stored in a text file. Nice work though.

LenHard 05-14-2018 03:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by iGANGNAM (Post 2592009)
what kind of maps for this? same as ttt?

It could be any map but yes, mainly TTT maps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 2592073)
Seems a bit of a waste of a needing a database for something that can be stored in a text file. Nice work though.

True, but I assumed it would be more reliable and quicker than regular Key Values when it came to this.

Mitchell 05-14-2018 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by LenHard (Post 2592092)
True, but I assumed it would be more reliable and quicker than regular Key Values when it came to this.

The way I see it is that a database to hold less than 100 inputs per setup map is a waste of a connection to a MySQL db. Especially when having them as a keyvalue that only loads when the map start, even if it was considered slow, i'm sure it would be faster than a player connecting to the new map. Having them as keyvalues also helps when sharing a map config, instead of posting a sql query for a map.

LenHard 05-14-2018 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 2592143)
The way I see it is that a database to hold less than 100 inputs per setup map is a waste of a connection to a MySQL db. Especially when having them as a keyvalue that only loads when the map start, even if it was considered slow, i'm sure it would be faster than a player connecting to the new map. Having them as keyvalues also helps when sharing a map config, instead of posting a sql query for a map.

Well in the Murder case, the props will respawn every x seconds with different sets. There would be at least a hundred props per map (6 sets). I'll probably push key values for the next version.

iGANGNAM 05-21-2018 12:50

Ah sorry, didn't read post you made in #6
hoping that you can release your sets soon
as Mitchell said, KeyValues thing would be alot easier to share with people.

Lannister 07-11-2020 18:41

Hello! i've uploaded the plugin to my server but i've experienced some bugs and a server crash,

Error log:

Code:

L 07/11/2020 - 19:21:50: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 07/11/2020 - 19:21:50: [SM]  [0] CloseHandle
L 07/11/2020 - 19:21:50: [SM]  [1] Line 1716, C:\CSGO-Server\csgo\addons\sourcemod\scripting\Murder\Murder.sp::Menu_RoundData
L 07/11/2020 - 19:21:50: [SM] Exception reported: Handle 147103e is invalid (error 3)
L 07/11/2020 - 19:21:50: [SM] Blaming: murder.smx

Crash log

https://crash.limetech.org/hr4y6o6pr5vt

And i had some text colour bugs too, probably because it's an old plugin, like, it was showing a text instead of the colour,

I know that probably no one use this plugin, but it's a very good mod, and i'd love to have it in my server, but sadly with the crashes i'm not able,

I hope you can fix this! Thanks!

Sandervraun 07-13-2020 14:13

I was wondering if it would be cool, as the killer to have the ability to turn on/off a "night vision", which would be red (to meet the more scary side and make it more cool that the usual green night vision). And normal players(ct) would get a flashlight..

Affe71 10-02-2020 16:28

For anyone wondering the mod is still working fine as long as you configure your database right.