AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugin/Gameplay Ideas and Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Block +left and +right (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=132310)

//.Mad 07-13-2010 19:28

Block +left and +right

Im looking for a plugin to stop people binding keys to +left and +right so that they cant use bunnyhop in perfect circles to build up pre speed.
I have tried using a few of the already existing command blockers, but i cant seem to get them to work.. either they dont work with the orange box update, or im doing something wrong >.<

It would need to kick or block a user if they use a key binded to either +left, +right, -left and -right.

Thanks

(if there is an already existing working plugin it would be great, or if there isnt, id be happy for points on where to go, ive never created any sourcemod plugins before, i have edited basic parts, and i have a basic knowledge of programming.

Afronanny 07-15-2010 16:42

Re: Block +left and +right

1 Attachment(s)
Well this will do it.

Convar:
sm_leftright_method (Default is 1)

Possible values are:
1 to block it
2 to kick them

//.Mad 07-21-2010 20:25

Thankyou very much. Im not sure if i got the block one to work properly, but it kicks them for using it fine, which is all i need, so thankyou :)

poppin-fresh 12-17-2011 09:02

Bump: Could someone PLEASE update this to just block it. Kick works, But it doesn't block the +left and +right

Cheers.

Impact123 12-17-2011 09:34

It looks like you can't block it.
What can be done is, teleport them by 180 degrees or something like that.
But if you ask me, i see no reason to block this.

Yours sincerely
Impact

poppin-fresh 12-17-2011 10:18

Could it maybe freeze them? or emmit a message to them warning them not to do it?

Impact123 12-17-2011 10:34

Sure, just tell what of them you want and i'll implement it ASAP.
Do you think a message will stop them?, most of the time the players won't even read the chat while playing.

Yours sincerely
Impact

poppin-fresh 12-17-2011 11:22

Could you make it execute the command "sm_stop" and printtochat "Your time has been stopped due to a +left/right script"

But if it's possible to just block it so it doesn't work that would be awesome.

Cheers,
Poppin.

Impact123 12-17-2011 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppin-fresh (Post 1614767)
if it's possible to just block it so it doesn't work that would be awesome.

I have tested it before i made my statement, even if you block the whole RunCmd you can still use it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppin-fresh (Post 1614767)
Could you make it execute the command "sm_stop" and printtochat "Your time has been stopped due to a +left/right script"

What exactly does sm_stop do?
When we send a message everytime, the client uses it, the chat gets spammed like hell, i see what i can make.

Yours sincerely
Impact

poppin-fresh 12-17-2011 21:05

sm_stop is a command for our bhop server that stops their timr