AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D2] Tankbuster 2 - Spawn Weapon packs and all weapons, ammo, health items (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=109930)

teddyruxpin 11-22-2009 21:05

[L4D2] Tankbuster 2 - Spawn Weapon packs and all weapons, ammo, health items

1 Attachment(s)
This is a re-write of the 'tankbuster' plugin with the ability to spawn weapon packages along with the individual items. I have also added the ability to spawn health and hand held explosives.

Credits to : {7~11} TROLL for the original plugin.

*** The Melee Weapons features may NOT work. They may depend on the weapons loaded for that level and may need a command change. ***

## Usage:
Chat: !tankbuster
Console: tankbuster

Bind to a key 'bind "u" "tankbuster"'

## Weapon Packages

// Rifle Man Package
rifle
pistol_magnum
pipe_bomb
fireworkcrate
first_aid_kit
adrenaline
defibrillator
upgradepack_incendiary
upgradepack_explosive

// Explosive Package
adrenaline
pistol_magnum
molotov
fireworkcrate
first_aid_kit
adrenaline
defibrillator
upgradepack_incendiary
upgradepack_explosive

// Pistol and Pipes Package
pistol
pistol
pistol_magnum
pistol_magnum
pipe_bomb
first_aid_kit
adrenaline
defibrillator
upgradepack_incendiary
upgradepack_explosive

// Sniper Package
sniper_rifle_military
pistol_magnum
pipe_bomb
first_aid_kit
adrenaline
defibrillator
upgradepack_incendiary
upgradepack_explosive

Change Log:
-- Fixed missing sniper rifle.
-- Fixed problems with some weapons not spawning correctly due to typos.
-- Added Vomit Jar

-- Added quotas for all weapons and weapon packs that can now be set via config files or convar see 'sm_quota_*' for all of them. This allows you to enable / disable weapons in a sense or prevent people from spawning to many to abuse your server.
-- Added Knife

Enjoy the slaughter

--Teddy

delirium_trigger 11-22-2009 21:27

Re: [L4D2] Tankbuster 2 - Spawn Weapon packs and all weapons, ammo, health items

Thanks d00d! The one for L4D was amazing. This should keep the blood flowing :D

EDIT: I tested it out, no weapons actually spawn, defibs, meds, shots, etc spawn but no weapons. I tried everything

EDIT EDIT (lol): Its working now, it didn't work the first couple times. Will you be extending it to randomize a rifle output or put every weapon instead of just the basics? Also, no sniper rifle spawns when selecting Sniper Package

billabonker 11-23-2009 03:24

Re: [L4D2] Tankbuster 2 - Spawn Weapon packs and all weapons, ammo, health items

cool it works!
but the only thing that sucks is that we cant spawn samurai sword and the baseball bat.DANG!

delirium_trigger 11-23-2009 14:30

Working fine now. Didn't notice the Next button lol. Thanks, keep up the good work.

edya 11-23-2009 15:07

Works alright. Some problems and suggestions though.

Problems:
Propane Tank & Pipe bomb are reversed (propane spawns pipe bomb, vice-versa).

Suggestions:
The packages are very messy (in-game) and everyone who has used it with me don't like the package options (messy and not what they want) and just aren't necessary. They take up menu real-estate which brings me to my next suggestion.

Branch out the options. Everything's just everywhere. Would it be possible to have the items within a subcategory? (e.g., weapons in a weapons category, items in an items, throwables, etc.)

Example Layout:

Weapons (1)
Pistols (1)
Pistol (1)
Magnum (2)
SMGs (2)
Rifles (3)
Snipers
Melee
Throwables
Items (2)
Kits (1)
Health Kit (1)
Defibrillator (2)
Pills/Adrenaline (2)
Gnome/Whatever

Gixxer 11-23-2009 15:33

This mod is awesome, it has the CS:S weapons in it too! These weapons don't do any damage, is there anyway I can change that?

rebbie23 11-23-2009 18:22

works great Teddy!
Thanks a lot-

(ps, I'm the one posting on your forums as Spike Spiegel)

teddyruxpin 11-23-2009 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gixxer (Post 997223)
This mod is awesome, it has the CS:S weapons in it too! These weapons don't do any damage, is there anyway I can change that?

I am told that sometimes dropping and picking up or passing between players the weapon will allow it to load and also having it during a map change. I was able to spawn the AWP lastnight on my hosts and use it to take out some zombie scum.

* Note i use 'sv_infinite_ammo 1' on my hosts so that may have some effect.*

--Teddy.

teddyruxpin 11-23-2009 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by billabonker (Post 996646)
cool it works!
but the only thing that sucks is that we cant spawn samurai sword and the baseball bat.DANG!

Unfortunately you can not get the Katana and Bat on all levels so I made it a default in all of the packages to try and spawn one atleast. If its available it will spawn with the package you select.

--Teddy

Gixxer 11-23-2009 22:08

Wonder if it's possible to write a mod that allows lets say for a 10% chance that a CS:S gun spawns instead of a regular one.