AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Site/Forums Issues and Discussion (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Known Issues/Missing Features (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=40128)

BAILOPAN 06-24-2006 01:51

Known Issues/Missing Features

These are the known issues with the new forums:

Karma - It will be re-added using vBulletin's reputation system as soon as we find a block of free time. Old karma values will be restored and used as the initial set.

Plugin Ratings - These likely will not return for a while. They were mostly abused to subversively affect karma.

Trash - Moderators might not be able to move things to Trash. If you can't, please do a 'Soft Delete' on the thread until we can make a Trash Button.

Attachment Re-uploads - Uploading a replacement attachment is not possible. You must first remove the old one, then add the new one. This resets your download count. We don't have an immediate fix for it, so please live with it for now.

Ranks - Please wait while I think up something more clever than "AMXX ScriptKiddy."

Donors, Official Server - These are still being read from the old database. We will have this done sometime soon, but since the old users will still work fine, it's not high priority.

Filenames - During the merge we accidentally chopped the last character off any file with a four character extension. For example, 'file.amxx' became 'file.amx'. To fix this for general cases, I changed all '.amx' files to '.amxx'. Thus, there might be some rare .amx files named improperly, or '.jpe' files which should be '.jpeg'. PM me to correct instances of these you see.

Post Stretch - Some post where big images, fonts, long lines are used will stretch out of page. In the old phpBB forum it used to stretch all posts which became annoying. So we have decided to allow only 1 post to stretch. This does bring some problems at some points (only noticed in IE atm) which we are working to fix.

Quick Edit - This feature was disabled due to a small internal change that Freecode did and cannot remember. As soon as he finds it, it will be re-enabled.

Announcements (Admins & Moderators only) - Do not use this feature until Freecode fixes it.

Attachments in Private Messages - (reported by DS). No immediate plans on this.

Cookies/Last Read - I (bail) am having weird reproducable problems with this. For example, reading, then jumping two levels of forums up, it will still mark it as unread. No idea what that's all about.

Viewing Private Messages - This might differ upon user's monitor display size. The message doesnt have the border all around it and is stretched out of the page.

CODE stuff - We need to make buttons for these. Possibly resize buttons. Possibly increase max post size.

k007 06-24-2006 05:11

Re: Known Issues/Missing Features

In this new forums people are allowed to post plugins in the approved plugins....

Mini_Midget 06-24-2006 05:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by k007
In this new forums people are allowed to post plugins in the approved plugins....

god dammit
just a bit late to say the same thing

BAILOPAN 06-24-2006 05:15

Thanks for the notification. Fixed this :)

v3x 06-24-2006 05:21

What's a 'Soft Delete' and how do I do it? :o

Freecode 06-24-2006 05:24

Soft Delete deletes post from the thread, but not from the Database. It allows other moderators/admins to review it and either delete or restore it.

k007 06-24-2006 05:24

umm i just saw an online user, his name was highlighted in red and in his profile it say he is banned...

BAILOPAN 06-24-2006 05:25

When you go to delete, you will see either the option to Soft Delete or Physical Delete. I think soft delete keeps it in the database but marks it unviewable or something. *EDIT* freecode hit it first

Freecode 06-24-2006 05:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by k007
umm i just saw an online user, his name was highlighted in red and in his profile it say he is banned...

Don't worry about it. He's only viewing the "No Permission" page/message. :mrgreen:

v3x 06-24-2006 05:27

Oh, I see! Thanks bail and fc :)

k007: I believe that's how it's supposed to be. He can probably still login, but remains handicapped ;)