AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] Glass Attack (0.4) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=165636)

Fenderic 09-18-2011 14:39

Re: [TF2] Glass Attack (0.4)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecha the Slag (Post 1557901)
The only issue I noticed was that the sniper rifle doesn't break glass, which is due to a Valve bug where the sniper rifles does not impact damage on entities (including things like the pumpkin bomb)

awfully fun

hmm, is that happening to you all the time? because i've never had that issue.

FlaminSarge 09-19-2011 04:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenderic (Post 1558247)
hmm, is that happening to you all the time? because i've never had that issue.

It's been happening to me very recently, too, and only with the rifles.

Mecha the Slag 09-20-2011 13:32

It's a known bug, actually.

I changed the plugin a bit to fix the issue, dunno if you want me to upload that?

Fenderic 09-20-2011 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaminSarge (Post 1558598)
It's been happening to me very recently, too, and only with the rifles.

hmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecha the Slag (Post 1559570)
It's a known bug, actually.

I changed the plugin a bit to fix the issue, dunno if you want me to upload that?

yeah sure, i can't really work on this until winter break anyways

Mecha the Slag 09-21-2011 03:11

1 Attachment(s)
I also made it so players deal 1/3 damage, which seemed reasonable based on the testing I did. That way, people focused more on the glass and less on headshots

edit: I should also note that glass is only destroyed 50% of the time. Again for balance reasons.

Mev 09-23-2011 01:54

Finding this to be popular?
Dunno if I should give it a go :P sounds fun.

Fenderic 09-27-2011 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mev (Post 1561255)
Finding this to be popular?
Dunno if I should give it a go :P sounds fun.

i've been getting a pretty positive response from the community.
if you end up running it on a server, let me know!

x6herbius 09-27-2011 14:42

I played this last weekend with my brothers and a friend, and I have to say it was pretty fun, although for some reason I hadn't added the plugin correctly and we were able to go around as all classes without knowing it was supposed to be sniper only.

The only thing I found was that the maps seemed to have a very short lifespan before they got boring (especially so with the simpler ones) and it seems like there's a very fine balance to be found in placing static ground as opposed to placing glass. For instance, if there's only one glass layer then games end very quickly and aren't much fun; if there are no solid edges leading from one spawn to another then it ends up just becoming bog-standard Arena (with limited ammo, might I add, unless that was something your mod fixed, and no way of getting to the other players to melee), whereas if there are solid points then people perch on these and again it's just standard arena with limited mobility. The map I found best was glass_axis, since the spawns were breakable and there was only a single solid area in the centre, and Sandstone (or whatever its name was) was good too provided the rounds didn't end up that the players got separated on each side.

KniL 02-21-2014 02:14

This plugin still works?