AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Metamod:Source Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Oil (engine dll/so hacks) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72429)

L. Duke 06-07-2008 14:55

Oil (engine dll/so hacks)

2 Attachment(s)
Obsolete

Oil
engine dll/so hacks

UPDATE June 10, 2008:
New function signature for orangebox/windows update.

UPDATE June 9, 2008:
Added versions for the original engine. I don't have an AMD server, so if someone who has CSS (or another non-orangebox engine mod) could confirm that it works on AMD I would appreciate it.

Current features:Screenshot:
(see the first line)
http://www.lduke.com/shared/oil_screenshot.png

Credits:
This plugin is a result of a discussion I had with pRED which led to me being able to move my detours from Window's system calls into the game engine memory so that it would work on Linux also. Big thanks (as always!) to BAILOPAN and the rest of the MMS team.

Readme:
Quote:

********************************************* **********************************
Oil
by L. Duke

********************************************* **********************************
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1. Place oil_mm.dll (or oil_i486.so on linux) in this directory:

addons/oil/bin/

2. Open addons/metamod/metaplugins.ini and add this line to the file

addons/oil/bin/oil_mm

CONSOLE COMMANDS/CVARS

oil_version
- plugin version

oil_addslot
- add 1 slot to server status response? (1=yes 0=no)

Problems:
As always, post problems in this thread.

Changelist:

- updated Windows/OB function signature for TF2 update
- new function signature for TF2 update (orangebox/windows)
- added original engine versions
- fixed Windows version crashing on some servers
- initial release

Download:

Fredd 06-07-2008 15:21

Re: Oil (engine dll/so hacks)

nice, is this meant to only work for tf2? because from what i see is that you only zipped one build type and the screen shot is for tf2...some people might probably find this useful for other games that use the original box that is it works on it :D

L. Duke 06-07-2008 16:00

Yes, it is only for Orangebox games which is currently TF2 and DODS beta. CSS will be OrangeBox soon so I don't know if I'll compile a non-orangebox version.

DontWannaName 06-07-2008 19:16

Thanks for this, now these selfish clans arent the only ones with this type of plugin.

WoZeR 06-07-2008 20:45

The plugin works, but the ingame server query shows a full 32 players server as 0/1 and when someone leaves it shows 0/2. But the Steam Client out of game browser works fine.

WoZeR 06-07-2008 22:38

The plugin is crashing. Attached are two mdmp's.
http://www.3-pg.com/hosting/wozer/oilcrash.zip

Nephyrin 06-08-2008 04:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontWannaName (Post 635996)
Thanks for this, now these selfish clans arent the only ones with this type of plugin.

I'm not selfish! T_T

And we don't use 33 slot for reserve purposes. 32/33 breaks autojoin and is a huge annoyance for pubbers trying to find a good server. They'll stop trying your server if it pulls them to a loading screen with a 'server is full' error.

the whole 33/33 thing is just epeen waving by a few of the people that can make said mods.

- Neph

berni 06-08-2008 06:09

I have to agree with this, it's really annoying to join a server, and then get kicked out of it because of the reserved slots, it's only an advantage for admins. But what would be useful is, to restrict the slot+1 feature to people with a specific IP only. So if the server knows you, then you see +1 slot in the list to be able to connect to the server and use your reserved slot.

Btw., is there a source code to this available ?

1nsane 06-08-2008 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nephyrin (Post 636122)
I'm not selfish! T_T

And we don't use 33 slot for reserve purposes. 32/33 breaks autojoin and is a huge annoyance for pubbers trying to find a good server. They'll stop trying your server if it pulls them to a loading screen with a 'server is full' error.

the whole 33/33 thing is just epeen waving by a few of the people that can make said mods.

- Neph

Yes exactly, this plugin is evil, At least to pubbers :D

33 is way better :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by berni (Post 636160)
I have to agree with this, it's really annoying to join a server, and then get kicked out of it because of the reserved slots, it's only an advantage for admins. But what would be useful is, to restrict the slot+1 feature to people with a specific IP only. So if the server knows you, then you see +1 slot in the list to be able to connect to the server and use your reserved slot.

Btw., is there a source code to this available ?

Simple..Don't join servers like that.

Also the +1 based on IP thing could easily get out of date (IP changes, etc) and people would first need to join the server for the server itself to know that they have a reserve.

L. Duke 06-08-2008 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoZeR (Post 636035)
The plugin is crashing. Attached are two mdmp's.
http://www.3-pg.com/hosting/wozer/oilcrash.zip

Thanks WoZeR. I located the crash and completely replaced the code where it is occurring (on Windows). The updated version is in the first post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoZeR (Post 636019)
The plugin works, but the ingame server query shows a full 32 players server as 0/1 and when someone leaves it shows 0/2. But the Steam Client out of game browser works fine.

Check the new version. My ingame browser shows 0/25 on a 24 player and 0/33 on a 32 player.