AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CS:S] Spectator List (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=135353)

GoD-Tony 08-15-2010 08:35

[CS:S] Spectator List

1 Attachment(s)
Spectator List

Similar to the AMXX plugin by FatalisDK, this plugin builds a list of people that are spectating you and displays it as a HudHint message. Also when you're dead you can see which players are spectating the player you are currently spectating.

This plugin takes advantage of the new env_hudhint entity, which was introduced when CS:S was updated to the OB engine.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_zeb9xnQESz8/TG...r_xmas0000.jpg http://lh6.ggpht.com/_zeb9xnQESz8/TG...llarch0000.jpg

Cvars:
sm_speclist_enabled <0|1> - Enables the spectator list for all players by default. (Default: 1)
sm_speclist_allowed <0|1> - Allows players to enable spectator list manually when disabled by default. (Default: 1)
sm_speclist_adminonly <0|1> - Only admins can use the features of this plugin. (Default: 0)

Note: plugin.speclist.cfg will be automatically generated in your SourceMod cfg directory.

Commands:
sm_speclist - Toggles the spectator list on/off for that player.

Changelog:
Quote:

Spectator List 1.1.2
- Fixed an issue with the AdminOnly cvar

Spectator List 1.1.1
- Fixed a small bug when spectating a client that disconnects

Spectator List 1.1.0
- Added cvar sm_speclist_adminonly
- Automatically generate config file

Spectator List 1.0.0
- Initial release

sinblaster 08-15-2010 10:51

Re: Spectator List

Wouldnt this just alert hackers to the fact they are being watched and enable them to toggle hacks? I dont get this at all.

DarkEnergy 08-15-2010 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinblaster (Post 1271496)
Wouldnt this just alert hackers to the fact they are being watched and enable them to toggle hacks? I dont get this at all.

its up to the server owner to use this or not. this is something useful some people would like to have

Peace-Maker 08-15-2010 16:51

That's pretty useful for admins spectating a player and discussing via TS if he's cheating. Now they can check if they spectate the same player.

I've modified it to show only to admins in spectator, that's all i need. Thank you!

sinblaster 08-16-2010 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkEnergy (Post 1271506)
its up to the server owner to use this or not. this is something useful some people would like to have

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoD-Tony (Post 1271525)
Exactly.

If you find it a silly idea, then you don't need to use it. I figured since I made it for my server and use it anyway, I might as well post it here.

WTF?
Hey I am not knocking it at all, just questioning its function. I am sure it would be appreciated by someone. Next time maybe don't assume, all I said was I don't get it. And please never put words in my mouth I never said it was silly, you did.

GoD-Tony 08-16-2010 02:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peace-Maker (Post 1271862)
That's pretty useful for admins spectating a player and discussing via TS if he's cheating. Now they can check if they spectate the same player.

I've modified it to show only to admins in spectator, that's all i need. Thank you!

I like this idea!

Updated to 1.1.0

acti0n 08-17-2010 16:01

why other players do not see who for they observe? only I (admin) this sees! and as be with source tv??

GoD-Tony 08-18-2010 02:22

I'm getting slightly odd behaviour from this since the CS:S update. People are able to use spectate list regardless of the sm_speclist_adminonly cvar setting. I'll post back with an update soon.

Edit: Updated to 1.1.2

Thrawn2 08-18-2010 03:34

why are you limiting this to css? should work for tf2 too etc.
might need some small fixes.
also it would be nice if there were several ways of presenting the data to players. menu-style, chat, etc etc. so this plugin could work for games not supporting HudHint messages.
also nice: admins should be able to filter themselfs from other players list, so they can spec someone without them seeing it.

GoD-Tony 08-18-2010 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by [AAA] Thrawn (Post 1274283)
why are you limiting this to css? should work for tf2 too etc.
might need some small fixes.
also it would be nice if there were several ways of presenting the data to players. menu-style, chat, etc etc. so this plugin could work for games not supporting HudHint messages.

Does it work for TF2? I don't own that game, so I'm not able to support it. I'll consider adding multiple display methods.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [AAA] Thrawn (Post 1274283)
also nice: admins should be able to filter themselfs from other players list, so they can spec someone without them seeing it.

I like this idea. I might need to rethink my cvar layout though. I always like when a plugin has ~2-3 cvars and works immediately without fumbling with config options.