AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   L4D/L4D2 Ghost Fly (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=100480)

madcap 08-14-2009 23:21

L4D/L4D2 Ghost Fly

2 Attachment(s)
This plugin works great in L4D2. It is especially handy in scavenge maps.

This plugin lets player ghosts fly in L4D by holding their reload button.

The first time you run this plugin it will create a config file called sm_plugin_ghost_fly.cfg. It has the following cvars:

l4d_ghost_fly - 1 enables the plugin, 0 disables.
l4d_ghost_fly_speed - Controls the speed of flying. More is faster.
l4d_ghost_max_speed - Sets a max speed.

The default values are very good so I would recommend keeping them.

Ghosts will be automatically notified that they can use this ability.

Changelog:
Code:

1.0.0 - Release
1.0.1 - Minor efficiency tweak
1.1.1 - Now using OnPlayerRunCmd

Is this similiar to Ghost Leap? Yes. I had been working for a while to adapt the jetpack plugin to work on L4D ghosts. When I saw ghost leap I realized I could easily plug the jetpack flying mechanic into the framework for Ghost Leap. I was very pleased with the result and posted it in the Ghost Leap thread but received no feedback so now I'm submitting it as its own plugin. I think this mechanic works better but anyone is free to disagree.

olj 08-15-2009 03:02

Re: L4D Ghost Fly

Hey, i actually wanted to test jetpack feature, but had no time to do so. That will make boomers even more imba (currently i can bomb survivors from long range with boomer by resping on the fly and falling into survivors crowd:mrgreen:)

Can you add CVAR to enable this for survivors (with limited fuel possibly) - for fun purposes ofc.

Also is it 1.2 or 1.3 version? I really like how 1.3 can hook keys pressed by clients and OnGameFrame wont eat cpu time :up:

madcap 08-15-2009 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by olj (Post 900743)
Also is it 1.2 or 1.3 version? I really like how 1.3 can hook keys pressed by clients and OnGameFrame wont eat cpu time :up:

This is a 1.2 version using OnGameFrame because I'm using 1.2. Once 1.3 is out I'll upgrade it to hook key presses.

Number Six 08-15-2009 15:01

Another MadCap plugin QUALITY HQ ! :o
IT'S SIMPLE , TOP ! :mrgreen:

Dragonshadow 08-15-2009 17:26

Not to mention 1.3 is broken at the moment lol.

Good work!

Edhmelus 08-15-2009 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by olj (Post 900743)
Hey, i actually wanted to test jetpack feature, but had no time to do so. That will make boomers even more imba (currently i can bomb survivors from long range with boomer by resping on the fly and falling into survivors crowd:mrgreen:)

Can you add CVAR to enable this for survivors (with limited fuel possibly) - for fun purposes ofc.

No. Spoils gameplay by exploiting bugs where infected cant reach.

(e.g. Dead air finale where they could float onto that bugged spot so you cannot be seen by zombies by exploiting the bug.)

And others.

olj 08-15-2009 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edhmelus (Post 901548)

(e.g. Dead air finale where they could float onto that bugged spot so you cannot be seen by zombies by exploiting the bug.)

And others.

I didnt remember asking you.

triggerman 08-15-2009 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edhmelus (Post 901548)

And others.

are you speaking on behalf of madcap? i thought not, so the author is entitled to do whatever he pleases with his plugin.

madcap 08-16-2009 12:01

Take it outside fellas.

Anyway, if you want to make survivors fly too all you have to do is comment out line 110 in the source and recompile.

fpsbrian 08-16-2009 22:38

plugin works great!!!
I have to leave it out though.... some spots just end the map way to fast with this!

GOOD WORK THOUGH!