AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Auto Map Change On Not Empty/EmptyServer (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=22543)

raffe2 12-29-2005 18:25

Auto Map Change On Not Empty/EmptyServer

2 Attachment(s)
This plugin is not totally unique, because it is based on "Auto Map Change On Empty Server 1.42" by twistedeuphoria here:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=5437

So, it is more like a bigger modification. But I find it usefull, so I thought maybe others did also... I also got help from bmann_420 in the forum, se this URL http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=22533

Don't really know what to call it, so I simply named it "Auto Map Change On Not Empty/EmptyServer"...

My modification/simmilarity is:
- Changes map when server is empty (same as 1.42)
- Changes map when not empty any more (unique)
- Changes mp_timelimit depending on empty/not empty (unique)
- With this you can have a "trash map" for false statistics (unique)

I did it to prevent the server to do map cycles without players, so that I don't get false Round statistics and false Online Time statistics (I use PsychoStats).

Description
So, this plugin will change maps to the special one in cvars and also change the mp_timelimit if there are zero players connected after a defined amount of time. The map and mp_timelimit will also change if the only clients in the game have not been playing for a certain number of hours, which is set in a cvar, or if your server has only bots in it. When a player connect, it change the mp_timelimit and map to the other special ones in cvars. You can also get it to change to next map in cycle when a player connects.

Cvars:
Code:
// // Change log: 0.8 2008-07-21, Fixing so that admins counts as players. //             0.7 2006-01-21, Fixing spelling mistakes in change log text. //             0.6 2006-01-03, Fixing nextmap possibility. Changed //                 to set_cvar_num for mp_timelimit. Mp_timelimit keeps //                 record of which map is in use (players map or empty map). //             0.5 2005-12-31, Fixed another bug in change_maps_forplayer(), //                 it changed back to amx_map_players every map change. //             0.4 2005-12-31, Fixed bug in change_maps_forplayer(), //                 equal(curmap, map_empty) -> equal(curmap, map_players) //             0.3 2005-12-30, changed change_maps() and //                 change_maps_forplayer() so it only makes changelevel if //                 amx_map_empty and amx_map_players are different. E.g. if //                 you have de_dust in both it only makes changelevel when //                 empty, but only mp_timelimit if a player connects. //             0.2 2005-12-29, Started this change log. //             0.1 2005-12-29, first version done. // // // amx_staytime(in seconds):      How long before the plugin changes the map. // // amx_map_empty(map_name):       This is the map you want to change to if //                                the server is empty. //                        Read!-> If you write "amx-nextmap" it will use the //                                next map in the map cycle. // // amx_map_players(map_name):     This is the map you want to change to when //                                the server is not empty any more. //                        Read!-> If you write "amx-nextmap" it will use the //                                next map in the map cycle. // // amx_timelimit_empty(minutes):  This is the mp_timelimit you want to have //                                if the server is empty. //                        Read!-> It can NOT be same value as //                                amx_timelimit_players (under) // // amx_timelimit_players(minutes):This is the mp_timelimit you want to have //                                if the server is not empty any more. //                        Read!-> It can NOT be same value as //                                amx_timelimit_empty (above) // // amx_idletime(in hours):        How many hours a player can be connected to //                                the server before being considered idle. // // amx_map_memory(0):             DON'T CHANGE THIS ONE. Plugin uses this to //                                get the amx-nextmap to work OK. //

Lord_Destros 12-29-2005 19:30

don't post the .amxx, when posting the .sma it can auto compile

also with cvars you don't have to post all of the code.

raffe2 12-29-2005 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord_Destros
don't post the .amxx, when posting the .sma it can auto compile. also with cvars you don't have to post all of the code.

OK, fixed that...

Lord_Destros 12-29-2005 20:32

also, what do you mean a trash map for false statistics? What does it do?
Also for the check if a person is idle, does it go over map changes if you have an sv_downloadurl?

bmann_420 12-29-2005 20:42

In other words, if the timelimit is at 0 the plugin gets to work way less and cause less issues.

Im glad you posted it too, good job on all the work. :D

And thank you for some credit, much appreciated.

The only thing i find funny, is that when somebody joins your map to play it, then it changes right when they join. lol But I guess that is why there are cvars.

raffe2 12-29-2005 20:51

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord_Destros
also, what do you mean a trash map for false statistics? What does it do?

What I wanted to do:
1. When empty:
a) Change to map "Waiting_for_players"
b) Set server cvar "mp_timelimit" = "0"
c) If it already is map "Waiting_for_players", don't do anything

Then the server don't cycle maps and I don't get frags, round counts and online time on the other maps. I downloaded the map fy_rockarena and renamed it Waiting_for_players.bsp, so it gets the one round count (but no frags or online time).

2. When someone connects:
a) Check is someone connects.
b) Change to map "de_dust"
c) Set server cvar "mp_timelimit" = "30"
d) Put in some bots
e) Maybe later possibility to change "back" to what would have been nextmap (with server cvar "amx_nextmap")

And I use Zbot:
I) I added this to server.cfg:
bot_kick all
bot_add_ct
bot_add_t
bot_add_ct
bot_add_t
bot_add_ct
bot_add_t
bot_add_t
II) In Zbot I use "bot_join_after_player = 1"
III) When it changes to Waiting_for_players, there is no bots because there is no real players
IIII) When a player connects it changes to another map and bots connects because there is real players

So when server changes to Waiting_for_players.bsp, the server is idle (see attached pic, the "Time" never changes).

bmann_420 12-29-2005 21:02

you ever think of makeing this plugin so when nobody is there then it goes to de_dust with no roundtime. and when somebody joins the bots join and the time is back to 40?

raffe2 12-30-2005 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmann_420
you ever think of makeing this plugin so when nobody is there then it goes to de_dust with no roundtime. and when somebody joins the bots join and the time is back to 40?

I have been thinking of these possibillities:
1. Connect to de_dust with "mp_timelimit = 0". This gives one round count to de_dust.
*** This one works today (kind of, will get better) ***

2. Connect to map Waiting_for_players with "mp_timelimit = 0". This gives one round count to Waiting_for_players.
*** This one works today ***

3. Connect to "nextmap" with "mp_timelimit = 0". This gives one round count to the "next map".

4. Connect to map Waiting_for_players with "mp_timelimit = 0", "mp_roundtime = 0" and then start up a game with no bots. This gives one round count to Waiting_for_players and counts the time when the server is empty of people.

I am planing to do svars for 3 and 4 later (when I have slept a little)...

bmann_420 12-30-2005 14:06

Are you running cstrike? If so you can always just get podbot_mm and always have like 4 bots in the server so people join. When 1 person joins, 1 bot leaves and so on till all the bots are gone and only people are there. That is how i believe you get your server to have people on it.

raffe2 12-30-2005 15:54

I have updated my SMA file and svar desciption. It now work "better" if you use same map when empty and not empty.
Code:
// Change log: 0.3 2005-12-30, changed change_maps() and  //                 change_maps_forplayer() so it only makes changelevel if  //                 amx_map_empty and amx_map_players are different. E.g. if  //                 you have de_dust in both it only makes changelevel when  //                 empty, but only mp_timelimit if a player connects.
Will now start to implement this one:
3. Connect to "nextmap" or to a "waiting" map with "mp_timelimit = 0" when empty. When a player connects, it uses "nextmap" and changes the timelimit. The the map cycle only pauses, and the continues hen a player connects.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmann_420
Are you running cstrike? If so you can always just get podbot_mm and always have like 4 bots in the server so people join. When 1 person joins, 1 bot leaves and so on till all the bots are gone and only people are there. That is how i believe you get your server to have people on it.

Thanks for the idea, will look in to it.