AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D2] Infinite Panic! (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=181947)

Chronic1 04-04-2012 05:56

[L4D2] Infinite Panic!

1 Attachment(s)
This plugin was also created for my by Atomic Stryker. I am just here sharing!

It sets Director_panic_forever 1 and forces a panic event once survivors leave the starting safe room.

Mr. Man 04-06-2012 14:55

Re: [L4D2] Infinite Panic!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic1 (Post 1681590)
This plugin was also created for my by Atomic Stryker. I am just here sharing!

It sets Director_panic_forever 1 and forces a panic event once survivors leave the starting safe room.

Is it possible to configure a "cooldown" for the panic or have it be triggered relative to aggregate player health?

Marcus101RR 04-06-2012 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Man (Post 1683076)
Is it possible to configure a "cooldown" for the panic or have it be triggered relative to aggregate player health?

Sure is, You can do it depending on the intensity of survivors. This feature is utilized in Human Director, the more stress there is on the survivors, the less infected. So, i can't see why not.

skull_ 04-07-2012 20:31

so this plugin just sets sm_cvar director_panic_forever to 1?
dont be surprised that you wont be able to finish a campaign because, in finale, tanks spawn only after panic event ends. so panic forever, tank never spawns.
doesnt work anyway

BloodyBlade 08-12-2019 07:05

1 Attachment(s)
* Converted plugin source to the latest syntax. Requires SourceMod 1.8 or newer.
* Added event finale_start and gauntlet_finale_start to stop the endless panic on the final maps.
You need test.

Darkwob 08-13-2019 20:22

after a certain countdown, can we apply it to every map so that when they open the saferoom door they will only be bounded by a wave?

Xanaguy 08-14-2019 05:03

Someone needs to hook the finale_start and gauntlet_finale_start events to cease the indefinite horde. Otherwise, Type 1, 2, and 3 finales will be impossible to complete.

BloodyBlade 08-17-2019 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanaguy (Post 2663152)
Someone needs to hook the finale_start and gauntlet_finale_start events to cease the indefinite horde. Otherwise, Type 1, 2, and 3 finales will be impossible to complete.

Updated.

ndls 03-29-2020 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyBlade (Post 2662968)
* Converted plugin source to the latest syntax. Requires SourceMod 1.8 or newer.
* Added event finale_start and gauntlet_finale_start to stop the endless panic on the final maps.
You need test.

I tried the plugin. there is a little problem, when the survivor loses in one chapter (restart chapter), the panic event doesn't work anymore (auto calling horde). the same thing happened when winning one chapter and going to the next chapter, the panic event did not work when opening the door of saferoom (auto calling horde).
--> I have tried this on server.cfg:
director_panic_forever 1 and director_panic_forever 0

BloodyBlade 06-19-2020 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndls (Post 2689381)
I tried the plugin. there is a little problem, when the survivor loses in one chapter (restart chapter), the panic event doesn't work anymore (auto calling horde). the same thing happened when winning one chapter and going to the next chapter, the panic event did not work when opening the door of saferoom (auto calling horde).
--> I have tried this on server.cfg:
director_panic_forever 1 and director_panic_forever 0

Updated. Try it again.