AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Metamod:Source Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   VIP Mod (1.0.H) Server Plugin for CSS - 16 June 2007 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=39725)

Dag 02-15-2006 20:14

I installed it on the server, but no one is the VIP. Perhaps I am not following how to use Vapour delivery system for client side ? please explain.

Update: Ok I have been reading some more about Vapour. Am I to usderstand that if my server has regular CSS maps running then we switch to a VIP map, everyone would need to exit CSS, start Vapour and connect to the server again using the VIP mod client side through Vapour ?

kingpin 02-15-2006 20:19

woot, nice work lduke!

sedmorph 02-15-2006 20:30

Installed and working nice :)

bots get a bit confused lol, but thats expected, also when you spawn after being VIP sometimes you hold the gun upsidedown, and facing your chest LMAO, anyway, will be keeping and playing on my server for sure

NICE WORK!!

Wolvie 02-15-2006 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dag
I installed it on the server, but no one is the VIP. Perhaps I am not following how to use Vapour delivery system for client side ? please explain.

Update: Ok I have been reading some more about Vapour. Am I to usderstand that if my server has regular CSS maps running then we switch to a VIP map, everyone would need to exit CSS, start Vapour and connect to the server again using the VIP mod client side through Vapour ?

No. when a non as map loads css will play as normal. When server changes to an as map, the plugin recognises it as a VIP map and 'Protect the VIP team!" Also are you sure that the plugin has loaded?

L. Duke 02-15-2006 21:49

Thank you everyone!

Dag: Wolvie's right. You shouldn't need to do anything for the clients, just load it on the server and change to one of the as_ maps. Make sure you load it by adding the correct line to "metaplugins.ini"

Try typing "meta list" at the server console. Does it list the VIP Mod?

FlyingMongoose 02-16-2006 00:17

This is one of the few instances where custom maps actually GAIN population, thanks L. Duke. It's a hit!

awuh0 02-16-2006 02:00

Holy shit its done! *downloads*

Roger Devil 02-16-2006 05:10

Hi,
great work on the VIP-Mod.
Just one issue i see on as-maps :
The time elapsed without the VIP being killed or escaped. Normally the Terrorists must win the map. But that doesnt happen.
Played with BOTs on both sides and me as VIP.

Rebell 02-16-2006 05:27

LDUKE ROXX !!!

:D

Mani 02-16-2006 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Devil
Hi,
great work on the VIP-Mod.
Just one issue i see on as-maps :
The time elapsed without the VIP being killed or escaped. Normally the Terrorists must win the map. But that doesnt happen.
Played with BOTs on both sides and me as VIP.

Same thing happened on all as_ maps when playing with humans, 1 per side. Timer reaches 0:00 and the round does not end.

This was on the windows version.

Mani