AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [ANY] WiLdTuRkEy's Clusterbomb Plugin (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=194963)

wildturkey 09-02-2012 05:40

[ANY] WiLdTuRkEy's Clusterbomb Plugin

2 Attachment(s)
WiLdTuRkEy's Clusterbomb Plugin

This is pretty much what the title says. It allows you to toss a clusterbomb that can be customized via cvars. It can also set up as admin-only or for all players. I built this with HL2 in mind, but it should work for any mod as long as you set the model and sound cvars to something that exists in that mod.

How it works...
  1. You fire the command.
  2. A canister is thrown in the direction/pitch you are aiming. The model is models/props_junk/PropaneCanister001a.mdl, but you can change it to anything.
  3. 2.5 seconds later (default time), the canister expels 10 (default) grenades into the air. The expulsion pattern depends on the vertvel, spreadvel, and variation cvars. By default, they just get thrown up a little and spread a little. Grenade models are models/Weapons/w_grenade.mdl, but can be whatever you want. NOTE! Some models tend to get stuck inside of each other and they all just freeze together. You just need to try some and find good ones that don't. ;)
  4. Each grenade explodes at a random time between 0.5 and 1.0 seconds after being expelled.
Note... You can also knock someone out if you hit them with the canister itself.

Commands
  • sm_cb | sm_cbomb | sm_clusterbomb - Toss a clusterbomb in the direction you are aiming!
ConVars
  • sm_cbomb_enabled - Is the clusterbomb feature enabled? (0|1)
  • sm_cbomb_enabled_plr - Can non-admins use clusterbombs? (0|1)
  • sm_cbomb_wait_time_plr - How many seconds non-admins must wait between clusterbombs. (1 - 600)
  • sm_cbomb_wait_time_admin - How many seconds admins must wait between clusterbombs. (1 - 600)
  • sm_cbomb_throwspeed - How fast you throw the clusterbombs away from you. (0.0 - 2000.0)
  • sm_cbomb_detonation_delay - Clusterbomb will detonate this many seconds after throwing it. (1.0 - 5.0)
  • sm_cbomb_bomblet_count - How many bomblets does each clusterbomb contain? (2 - 30)
  • sm_cbomb_bomblet_vertvel - How fast bomblets are thrown in the air when spawned. (20.0 - 500.0)
  • sm_cbomb_bomblet_spreadvel - How fast bomblets spread out after they are spawned. (20.0 - 500.0)
  • sm_cbomb_bomblet_variation - Vertical and spread speeds will be varied between 1X and this value. (1.0 - 5.0)
  • sm_cbomb_bomblet_magnitude - Damage magnitude of each bomblet. 100 is about like a normal grenade. (0 - 500)
  • sm_cbomb_canister_model - The model that holds all of the bomblets in it.
  • sm_cbomb_bomblet_model - The model that represents the individual bomblets.
  • sm_cbomb_detonation_sound - The sound made when the clusters are spawned.
  • sm_cbomb_version - duh...
A cfg file will automatically be created with some default values here -> gamemod/cfg/sourcemod/sm_cbomb.cfg. Note that you can also change things on-the-fly in-game (including models and sounds).

Short video...

Sorry about the quality. My primary hard drive is fried and this one sucks.

This is just one small little piece out of all the custom plugins I have made. I just wanted to try releasing something to see how it went. Most of my plugins are far from 'releasable' at the current time. Many of them are all intertwined with one another, and I cannot really split them up. If this goes well, I will try to release some more MUCH BETTER ones. :)

Finally, I'm not really trying to advertise or anything, but I made a very useful page (well.. I find it very useful - LOL) that might help some of you with developing plugins. Basically, it is just an automated conversion I did of an entity datamap dump from hl2dm into basic html. I would have rather done it with .NET or something, but our webserver does not do that. Anyway, hope it helps someone.. http://www.deadmeatstavern.com/datamaps.htm

Groger 09-02-2012 05:47

Re: [ANY] WiLdTuRkEy's Clusterbomb Plugin

Awsome, i'll give it a whirl this afternoon.

Mitchell 09-02-2012 13:11

Pics?

doze 09-09-2012 08:05

Good job with the plugin, however i would like to suggest a few improvements.

1.If you set a time limit for the bomb it can be bypassed by reconnecting, it would be nice if this is fixed, i am not sure how though, maybe a external mysql database will solve this ?

2.It would be nice if a message is displayed when a bomb is available again.

3.Would be nice if instead of time restriction there would be also a option to set for example a maximum of X number of bombs/map.

wildturkey 09-09-2012 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by doze (Post 1795083)
Good job with the plugin, however i would like to suggest a few improvements.

1.If you set a time limit for the bomb it can be bypassed by reconnecting, it would be nice if this is fixed, i am not sure how though, maybe a external mysql database will solve this ?

2.It would be nice if a message is displayed when a bomb is available again.

3.Would be nice if instead of time restriction there would be also a option to set for example a maximum of X number of bombs/map.

1. Ah ya.. I never really gave much thought to that to be honest. It is really only for admins on our server. I can easily add that though.

2. I had thought about that one. Should be easy enough.

3. I guess I can do that.. I'll just add another cvar or 2 for those options...

I may or may not just scrap this particular plugin and just create a 'weapons pack' of sorts. I already have these clusterbombs, plus I have already made spawnable/controllable laser turrets, combine mortars, rocket turrets, and lightsabers.

I've just been trying to get the death messages to post right (player A killed player B). I can get it to work with a bot from the SourceBot plugin but not for real players oddly enough.. The clusterbombs work properly, as they are just simple explosions. My other weapons still kill you don't get me wrong. It would just be nice for players to get credit for it. Just a matter of time really.

I have many others neat things too, like pilotable combine chopper plugin (with 3 passenger pods), extreme entity commands plugin, prop spawning plugin, user commands plugin (along the lines of sm_supercommands massive), and other stuff.. Just cleaning it all up before i release. Also, most of them use smlib, vphysics, sdkhooks, and some other extensions, and I am trying to reprogram the ones I can to use pure sourcemod first.

If only there were 48 hours in a day... :shock:

eyes of hunter 09-11-2012 11:50

I think these kind of plugins need a video or at least a screenshot in the original post so we can actually see what this one does. Anyway, it sounds terrific.

wildturkey 09-11-2012 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyes of hunter (Post 1796730)
I think these kind of plugins need a video or at least a screenshot in the original post so we can actually see what this one does. Anyway, it sounds terrific.

The thing is that there is not really much to take pics of. I can see how 'clusterbomb' is pretty vague. :mrgreen:

Perhaps I can just explain a little better.
  1. You fire the command.
  2. A canister is thrown in the direction/pitch you are aiming. The model is models/props_junk/PropaneCanister001a.mdl, but you can change it to anything.
  3. 2.5 seconds later (default time), the canister expels 10 (default) grenades into the air. The expulsion pattern depends on the vertvel, spreadvel, and variation cvars. By default, they just get thrown up a little and spread a little. Grenade models are models/Weapons/w_grenade.mdl, but can be whatever you want.
  4. Each grenade explodes at a random time between 0.5 and 1.0 seconds after being expelled.
Note... You can also knock someone out if you hit them with the canister itself. LOL

Perhaps I can make a short video as well, but the above pretty much explains it.

wildturkey 09-11-2012 14:31

Added video to first post...

Mitchell 09-11-2012 18:20

This is pretty neat. reminds me of like gmod stuff lol.

Hey, what is the effect when ever some one respawns?

wildturkey 09-11-2012 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 1797009)
This is pretty neat. reminds me of like gmod stuff lol.

Hey, what is the effect when ever some one respawns?

Oh, that's part of my checkpoint plugin. It is actually a custom particle system I made with the particle editor thing in hl2. It really sucks though, because of this BS per-map particle manifest junk.. That means you gotta make the client download a map_particles.txt file for every map and once they do that, you can never update the particles unless you rename the map and send a new manifest. I don't think all mods are like this, but HL2DM sure is.

Wish they would fix that goofy broke $#%$ and I know they could even though they no longer really update HL2. They added the \x07 and \x08 color chat text for TF2 and it works for HL2, so why not this? I know... They could care less about HL2. haah :down:

And here's some random bonus footage of nyan cat attack while I'm here.. LOL