AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugin/Gameplay Ideas and Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   [TF2] Plugin alteration for arena mode (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=274122)

drprivateskittles 11-02-2015 01:47

[TF2] Plugin alteration for arena mode

Hey,

I run a small arena server, and I would like to stop people from using taunts before the around is active. Namely to stop people from zooming out the gates on broomsticks.

I've been trying to use
[TF2] Round Triggers 1.10
[TF2] Taunt Rate Limiter

Unfortunately I can't do what I need to do, and turn OFF taunts when people spawn, then turn them back ON when they can move. Can anyone add a trigger to achieve this please?

I am open to any other plugin suggestions.

ExtraSpeeed 11-02-2015 03:14

Re: [TF2] Plugin alteration for arena mode

Need it too =)

Potato Uno 11-02-2015 10:03

Did you try TF2_RemoveCondition on a client under TF2_OnConditionAdded when they taunt while the round is inactive (RoundState_BetweenRounds)? (You can even check what taunt they are using in the m_iTauntItemDefIndex netprop.)

Powerlord 11-02-2015 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potato Uno (Post 2359212)
Did you try TF2_RemoveCondition on a client under TF2_OnConditionAdded when they taunt while the round is inactive (RoundState_BetweenRounds)? (You can even check what taunt they are using in the m_iTauntItemDefIndex netprop.)

This is Ideas and Requests, not scripting.

Now, having said that:

When the round starts, the round state is set to RoundState_Stalemate and it remains there until the round ends.

Players are frozen between when teamplay_round_start fires and when arena_round_start fires.

Potato Uno 11-02-2015 10:59

I don't have the time to code (or test) plugin requests so I threw the "how-to-do-it" down so someone else who does have the time can put the plugin together. Something is better than nothing.

That being said, it's good to know about the RoundState_Stalemate thing. (That's not true for MvM however - it's set to RoundState_RoundRunning or RoundState_TeamWin if the bomb is deployed, but that's not relevant here.)

Powerlord 11-02-2015 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potato Uno (Post 2359228)
That being said, it's good to know about the RoundState_Stalemate thing. (That's not true for MvM however - it's set to RoundState_RoundRunning or RoundState_TeamWin if the bomb is deployed, but that's not relevant here.)

The RoundState thing is specific to Arena. RoundState_Stalemate is used by Sudden Death... and Arena is just treated as a Sudden Death round instead of a standard round.

Potato Uno 11-02-2015 11:06

I was going to edit my post until the AM website suddenly went down (likely a new SM 1.8 build was being compiled?) in the middle.

Anyway here is UNTESTED plugin code, I hold NO guarantees it will work but based on what Ross said, give it a go:

PHP Code:

#include <sourcemod>
#include <sdktools>
#include <tf2>

#pragma semicolon 1
#pragma newdecls required

public void TF2_OnConditionAdded(int iClientTFCond Condition)
{
    if (
Condition == TFCond_Taunting &&

GameRules_GetRoundState() != RoundState_Stalemate &&

GetEntProp(iClientProp_Send"m_iTauntItemDefIndex") == 30672)
        {

TF2_RemoveCondition(iClientCondition);
        }